Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: two ways  (Read 3450 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 20:28:00 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Bob Holt says so, read the Gazette

Ah, because our board always stick to their word....

Basically we have no money, we owe money left right and centre and Parkin is are only sellable assest....I expect his transfer fee will go towards debt....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 20:29:18 »

sadly i think i may have to agree with you there
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:06:27 »

No replacement just Fallon and Roberts up front.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:20:17 »

we are going down then..........
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:27:26 »

Quote from: "Rich"
we are going down then..........

indeed.....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:45:29 »

Dont be so bloody pessimistic.

Yes Parkin will leave soon. Yes Parkin is irreplaceable.

BUT

Two years ago King completely changed the look of the team with hardly any money. He brought in Howard, Igoe, Evans, Nicho, Mooney, O'Hanlon and Ifil and it worked.

Surely he will be able to find a few free players who are capable of playing in this division? And hopefully a fairly decent 18-to-20-goals-a-season striker
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:53:13 »

King has already said though, the wage budget will be less next season, everyone will be offered lower deals...

Two years ago we had (small) amounts of money (Fallon, Ifil, Parkin, Roberts) but since then the board(!) have come out and said, we have know money, we've made a hugh fuck up...VAT Bill and all that.

King has already been told he has a smaller wage budget, King has already been told he has NO money to spend on players...

This '2 years ago' is purely in the past....its 2 years on and everything has changed....

How many of our players will play for LESS money? How many will be let go....how many will be sold for peanuts just to make a bit of cash?

We could very well need 5/6 new first team players, who want to play for Swindon for peanuts....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:56:11 »

Me! See your point but what Im saying is that it is important to support King at this point as he may well bring in what is needed.

Plus you mention that nobody will play for Swindon for peanuts. Who will manage Swindon for peanuts?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 22:03:42 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Me! See your point but what Im saying is that it is important to support King at this point as he may well bring in what is needed.

Plus you mention that nobody will play for Swindon for peanuts. Who will manage Swindon for peanuts?!

Me Cheesy

Im in full support of King, however I expect us to take a turn for the worse if you will over the summer. Nothing to do with King whatsoever its with the board and there total lack of brains and accounting skills....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: