Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player's Fitness  (Read 5871 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 16:23:07 »

I did Sports studies A level and its something to do with fibre types that make up a muscles. Sportsmen that do short explosive actions such as a sprint build up 'fast twitch' fibres which give power but not endurance. Black athletes naturally have more fast twitch fibres hence they rip us to pieces when it comes to sprinting. 'Slow twitch' fibres provide the endurance but with football requiring explosive bursts I think it consumes alot more energy or something along those lines. So basically I think long runs result in the wrong type of muscle fibre building up and is unsuitable for football.
Heart wise as the heart is a muscle that needs to be trained and built up just like normal muscles. It needs to be trained to either provide short bursts of energy or steady endurance. Some swimmers have trained there heart to the extent where the heart rate is something stupid like 10 beats per minute which is astounding.

Recovery times are the most important indicators of actual fitness levels, the quicker you recover the fitter you are. I would imagine scientific testing would include measuring the time it takes to return to a resting heartrate after exercise to provide an indicator.
lebowski

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 17:44:17 »

does anyone agree that glos robin sounds like he is making all that up?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 17:46:49 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
does anyone agree that glos robin sounds like he is making all that up?

It's actually all true  Cheesy
lebowski

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 17:49:35 »

glos robin for fitness coach, anyone?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 17:59:46 »

On a bit of a tangent here but with the heart being a muscle and needing training etc why isnt taking speed considered a good heart work out?

Seriously?

/
W56196272
flammableBen

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 18:01:10 »

It is yeovil, they just keep it quiet.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 18:14:30 »

class yeovil, get 20 wraps and take it to the training ground

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 18:52:14 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
On a bit of a tangent here but with the heart being a muscle and needing training etc why isnt taking speed considered a good heart work out?

Seriously?

I think it's a work out too far for the heart.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 18:54:06 »

Say no to drugs kids.

Stick to the fags and alcohol..........................

It's All Good..............
Sussex

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:33:44 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I think it's a work out too far for the heart.

Recovery times not very pleasant either.
flammableBen

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:42:44 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Say no to drugs kids.

I think we need an official tef stance on this. Something like...

"The tef encourages experimentation with all substances, but only in moderation - Don't Get Addicted Now!!! Apart from with cigarettes and alcohol, with them you can go fucking crazy. It's part of the tef way."

Any suggestions?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 21:14:35 »

Glos Robin, when i've finished a 10 km run on the treadmill, my heart rate is 155 bpm.

After 5 mins of stopping, it drops to 100 bpm.

Is that good?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 21:17:11 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "herthab"
Say no to drugs kids.

I think we need an official tef stance on this. Something like...

"The tef encourages experimentation with all substances, but only in moderation - Don't Get Addicted Now!!! Apart from with cigarettes and alcohol, with them you can go fucking crazy. It's part of the tef way."

Any suggestions?

Moderation?> boooooooooooooooooooo

glos_robin

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 21:35:12 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Glos Robin, when i've finished a 10 km run on the treadmill, my heart rate is 155 bpm.

After 5 mins of stopping, it drops to 100 bpm.

Is that good?

lebowski unfortunately its true, I had my head filled with all this rubbish...

Ralphy it depends what your resting heart rate is as doubt 100bpm is your resting level. Your body might be able to replenish energy levels quickly to a certain extent, but the real test is how long it takes to return to normal. Generally swimmers have the slowest heart rates like I said, even stupidly low in some cases, I believe that whacko David Blain trained his heart rate to be stupidly low.  
Getting to 155 is fat burn territory so is pretty good but you need to monitor your recovery time, the shorter time it takes after exercise to return to your resting heart rate then the fitter you are. You should aim to try for VO2 max sometime which is around the 170 bpm and then measure your recovery as that is the real test.  What is your resting Heart rate then below 50 bpm is marathon runner levels. My best was around 56bpm when I used to play tennis every day so am far from that now.... someone could get to 155 bpm and then take a day to recover which would be pretty awful.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 21:36:05 »

My resting heart rate is always between 45-50 bpm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: