Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sporting Director - Rufus Brevett  (Read 7788 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 18:50:36 »

Dazzza wrote:

Meanwhile the whole Brevett scenario gets stranger the longer I think about it. Even if he is just a ‘go between’ with the manager and investors why would you choose a recently retired journeyman like Brevett? He doesn’t have much in the way of business or backroom experience and if as Sturrock indicated he is part of this new consortium and as the board keep implying they are that well off financially why involve Brevett? Despite an honest career he can’t exactly be rolling in the millions and brings nothing to the table in experience except perhaps a few contacts from his playing days.

Exactly my thoughts eloquently expressed......sorry its just wrong....almost as soft as appointing Teflon Nicky as Director of Football at Reading.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 18:57:42 »

Can anyone please explain to me as I'm a simple Oxfordshire lad why on earth we would need a Sporting Director and Go Between. (Thought that was Julie Christie)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:04:43 »

Quote from: "Family at War"
Can anyone please explain to me as I'm a simple Oxfordshire lad why on earth we would need a Sporting Director and Go Between. (Thought that was Julie Christie)

I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

When Sturrock said Brevett was part of the new consortium, I assumed he meant that Brevett was employed due to the new consortium, not that he was putting in money.

It's obvious that Brevett has a link with these new people and as Sturrock has stated, they are overseas businessmen with fingers in a lot of pies and therefore won't be on hand for Sturrock to go to directly; which is where Brevett comes in.

Loads of clubs now have a football/sporting Director.

I'm sure I could be really pessimistic about everything, but I can't be arsed...............

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:05:50 »

Their definition of a "Sporting Director" differs significantly to what I would regard a man in Brevett's role. Perhaps the title is due to some kind of legal issue? I don't know - here's clearly just a liason who just happens to be doing his badges and will help with scouting.

My initial fear was that Brevett would become the manager!

I predict that Rufio won't be with us for very long.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:09:05 »

Ooohhh I'd have loved a go between Julie Christie, back in the day.

Probably still would

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/5169/JulieChris_Pimen_10312245_400.jpg
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:10:35 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"

I predict that Rufio won't be with us for very long.

Hopefully about as long as Mike Stowell.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:35:15 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Ooohhh I'd have loved a go between Julie Christie, back in the day.

Probably still would

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/5169/JulieChris_Pimen_10312245_400.jpg

Julie Christie wasn't actually the Go between,it was the kid,think his name was Leo  Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 19:53:13 »

FaW did say he was a simple O*frodshire lad,  this obvious mistake proves it.
Dazzza

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 20:02:03 »

Quote from: "herthab"

I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

When Sturrock said Brevett was part of the new consortium, I assumed he meant that Brevett was employed due to the new consortium, not that he was putting in money.

It's obvious that Brevett has a link with these new people and as Sturrock has stated, they are overseas businessmen with fingers in a lot of pies and therefore won't be on hand for Sturrock to go to directly; which is where Brevett comes in.

Loads of clubs now have a football/sporting Director.

I'm sure I could be really pessimistic about everything, but I can't be arsed...............

On the face of it the actual position of a 'go between' seems fairly snuff during what’s an important time on the football front being pre-season and all that.  More so if the club are skint and have to be very careful working around the CVA issue it’s understandable that the new consortium would want to run over any potential transfers and oversee spending.

But Brevett is a bit of a mystery.  I would have thought a money man with some football experience would be the ideal choice but a recently retired fairly low key player just doesn’t sit quite right.  Unless of course that’s the intention, appoint someone left-field like Brevett to throw the twenty five odd busy bodies of the scent of who the investors actually are

red macca

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 20:13:31 »

Im sure he is here to keep a eye on wills and diamindis to be fair
flammableBen

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 20:14:45 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"

But Brevett is a bit of a mystery.  I would have thought a money man with some football experience would be the ideal choice but a recently retired fairly low key player just doesn’t sit quite right.  Unless of course that’s the intention, appoint someone left-field like Brevett to throw the twenty five odd busy bodies of the scent of who the investors actually are

We're getting into Loose Change : STFC a bit here. Unless we get into crazy conspiracy theories (which with the MickeyD crew in charge I wouldn't completely dismiss), then it seems like he's got a connection with the investors and they are planning to have enough control of the football to make such appointments.

With his job apparently being a go between between Consortium TNG and Sturrock then I see it as a possible (if nothing goes wrong) positive change in upstairs management.

Of course the new boys could be worse than the ones we've already got. But I'm happy to play that roulette table.
Dazzza

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 20:32:32 »

There's always room for a bit of loose change style antics on forums.

All will become clear in time I suppose but I think the lack of a tenable link to Brevett and Foreign based business men is yanking at my clacker valve a bit at the moment.

My sauces tell me it's Georgian Badri Patarkatsishvili today.

And the relish is in agreement

flammableBen

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 20:48:31 »

All will become clear in time I suppose but I think the lack of a tenable link to Brevett and Foreign based business men is yanking at my clacker valve a bit at the moment.

I like the sound of Badri Patarkatsishvili.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 20:58:07 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

I like the sound of Badri Patarkatsishvili.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Badri.jpg/250px-Badri.jpg

Cheesy
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, July 30, 2007, 23:51:39 »

I'm currently doing some more research into Rufus Brevett's history. Chewing the fat with a mate over lunch who happens to be a Peterborough fan, and he reckons there was some dodgy deals going on with Brevett while he was at West Ham. Now there may be nothing at all in this, but it would be prudent of me to follow up a lead to see what can be uncovered.

All I found on the net was reference to some court case where some bird accused him of rape.

A woman has been found guilty of attacking a footballer after rape charges she had made against him were dropped. Claire Patton, 21, threw a bottle of lager at ex-West Ham player Rufus Brevett which gashed his head.

Brevett had been arrested in August 2005 on suspicion of raping Patton. Patton broke down in tears during her trial as she explained that police eventually told her that her allegation was not going to lead to a prosecution as it was "her word against Mr Brevett's".

She denied throwing the bottle at Brevett when she saw him in a bar some months after the alleged attack, and also denied racially abusing him.

Judge Paul Darlow adjourned sentence at the city's crown court but said he was not considering jailing her, thanks to her previous good character.

Source: Plymouth Evening Herald, 12/2/07

If and when I find anything, I'll report back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: