Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For those that speculated...  (Read 3216 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 9, 2007, 20:33:50 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

Him and parkin were the best partnership we had in years

Parkin has become injury prone and has done nothing since leaving us because of it. Mooney left us and hasn't been as high as league 1 since...until now
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 9, 2007, 20:59:24 »

Mooney is a quality striker.  When he played for Swindon, you could tell that he had played in the premiership.  His vision, passing and scoring for Swindon were all excellent.

You watch the likes of Roberts, Lucas (ok hes not the finished article), Peacock and even Corr, and Mooney was different gravey.  He knows how to hold up a ball, make clever passes, and win penaties and freekicks which he never should have won in the first place.

Whilst hes older now,  i'd still have him over the likes of Roberts any day of the week
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 9, 2007, 21:02:04 »

Why do people keep mentioning Roberts and Peacock? They are midfielders now!!!
red macca

« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 9, 2007, 21:04:23 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Because it tokk them til the end of their careers to be put in midfield
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 9, 2007, 21:49:04 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "reeves4england"
Because it tokk them til the end of their careers to be put in midfield
I just don't see the point in people saying I'd rather have Mooney than Roberts.... As Roberts is now a winger, it's like saying I'd rather have Mooney than Zaaboub  :?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2007, 07:04:01 »

I'd rather have Mooney than Nicho though.
Sharky

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2007, 08:00:30 »

Mooney is a class player, to deny that is silly, but he is a class player for half a season then something stops working and the goals dry up - same thing happened for him at Wycombe last season as it did with us and then he got hissy because he got dropped by them when it happened.

What I dislike is that he told Wycombe this pre-season that he would not sign a new contract unless they could show him the intent and desire to progress that he has?.....they have now signed  a shed load of players from higher divisions who could possibly cut it in league one and he leaves anyway!!

Sounds to me like it was a smoke screen to cover his simple desire for as much money as he can get.....and seeing as Walsall cant give the old and past it players enough money at the minute, it was a perfect choice for him.

I wouldnt re-sign him ever, and thats not cause i think he's no good, just because he is a two faced d1ckhead!
mattboyslim

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2007, 08:08:50 »

Whilst I agree with much of what has been said the only thing I can say in his defence is that in all his recent moves he was concerned about the distance from his home in the midlands, perhaps at long alst he's decided to play nearer his home.  Also maybe he sees the chance to play at a higher level too good to turn down at his age - as a general rule I praise a player for moving to a higher club - irrespective of the money - its the exact opposite of the 'Peterborough effect' where players are turning down higher leagues for more cash.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: