Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Falling In Love With You  (Read 4799 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 26, 2005, 00:27:29 »

Quote from: "Marie"
I said end of our season was against bournemouth, had a little hope afterwards but now i do think its true.

I said our season was over after we conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes to Stockport  County, seems I wasnt wrong....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 26, 2005, 00:35:41 »

I thought our season was over after we conceded 2 comical goals at Wrexham in August.......the manager seemed to think that Grant Smith was a left back.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 26, 2005, 02:34:53 »

if only howards demi chip had dropped in off the bar early in the first half that game, we'd probabaly be promoted by now :-))(

officially blacker than the night.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 26, 2005, 10:30:26 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
if only howards demi chip had dropped in off the bar early in the first half that game, we'd probabaly be promoted by now :-))(

Good point.......I'd forgotten that one, would probably have turned our season, and led to BH getting his first call up to the England squad.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 26, 2005, 11:21:37 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Their opener was certainly Duke's fault, he should never have let Small get away from him like that and should have been stronger nevertheless as jim/santini will doubtless point out - it's what happens when you play someone who isn't a left back in that position.

Sadly, King has to be held accountable for all of the above and I think he truly lost the plot today.

Howard 3 - Did he fucking do anything apart from piss about with the ball?
It's taken a long time but you're learning the truth.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 26, 2005, 14:15:41 »

Howard is the most skillful player atthe club (ie he can do the most tricks) and he wants to make sure everybody knows that.

There is a time and a place Brian!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 11:22:07 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Howard is the most skillful player atthe club (ie he can do the most tricks) and he wants to make sure everybody knows that.

Never a truer word spoken.  He's the best midfielder at the club in my opinion, and yet he's left out the side which seems madness.

It all seems a bit doom and gloom considering we got a point at a relative fortress on Friday.  A result at Hartlepool and it'll all get very interesting.  Even a defeat at Hartlepool would not be disasterous, and with two home games against Walsall and Bristol City coming up, it is a little premature to write our season off just yet.  I just pray that King considers Roberts and Miglioranzi fit enough to last 90 minutes soon, and keeps the excellent partnership of Smith and Migs in the middle.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 11:34:15 »

no our best midfielder is smith! howard would be good if he lost some wait and actually put the effort in.
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 11:46:10 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

Never a truer word spoken.  He's the best midfielder at the club in my opinion, and yet he's left out the side which seems madness.

You really are fucking clueless
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 11:48:05 »

go dave!  Cheesy
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 11:54:59 »

Quote from: "Rich"
no our best midfielder is smith! howard would be good if he lost some wait and actually put the effort in.

Must be very patient....

I mean best in terms of ability with a football - the only player who comes close is Miglioranzi.  Okay, I'm biased as I'm probably Howard's biggest fan, but surely we agree he should be on the left wing and not Smith, who is better employed in the centre?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 11:58:11 »

i agree with you there. without holmes howard must play there. i dont want hewlett in the centre and i think smith is better in the centre as well
DMR

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 12:04:24 »

You're not biased, you just don't know what you're talking about
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 12:06:59 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
You're not biased, you just don't know what you're talking about

To disagree and debate with someone's opinion is very enough, but to rubbish someone's opinion on the basis "they don't know what they're talking about" just makes one look like an arrogant twat, to be honest.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 12:37:33 »

Look at Ronaldo at Man Poo. Fantastic tricks but needed a bit of guidance to teach him where/when/how to use it. As he's progressed, he now seems to utilise his skills when needed, and does actually look to cross the ball (which was the main problem). It's a similar thing with Howard; until he matures as a player, there's very little point in playing him, despite his skill. I would play him now our season is over though, he needs the opportunity to prove himself on the pitch, and I think he needs to show King what his best position is.

Summary: Howard is skillful - not the best player though; needs to be played now our season is over; needs to be developed into a more mature player.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: