Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Foreign Investor alledgedly  (Read 24681 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #135 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:30:23 »

What's everybody's favourite type of manatee? West Indian, Amazonian or the West African Manatee?

Dugongs are also Sirenians but are not manatees, don't make that mistake!

I like the West African Manatee. Crocodiles and sharks sometimes kill them but mostly leave them alone, probably because they are ace.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:31:52 »

I think manatees are ugly and fucking useless.

They should be made extinct as soon as possible.

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:32:59 »

They are thick as fuck as well

Dolphins...................now you're talking my language
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:34:22 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I think manatees are ugly and fucking useless.

Bears a resemblence to a certain employee of STFC!
flammableBen

« Reply #139 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:35:18 »

Manatee's are ace. They are much better than dolphins.

Your comments just show how ignorant and stupid you are herthab.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:35:45 »

manatees are absolutely superb. We tried to find some when we were in Florida t'other year but couldn't find any. You would think it would be easy given how 'kin big they are but they seem to be extremely good at hiding. Either that or they are the masters of disguise and disception.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:38:49 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Manatee's are ace. They are much better than dolphins.

Dolphins are like the Lassies of the sea

Case closed

I win
flammableBen

« Reply #142 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:41:42 »

Did you know that all though they are known as sea cows, they are more closely related to elephants! That's pretty amazing.
sonic youth

« Reply #143 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 17:02:18 »

where's eb when you need him
flammableBen

« Reply #144 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 17:03:48 »

eb's hiding.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 17:16:10 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "Phil_S"
Quote from: "Colin Todd"
We dont know who will be running the club. If the new investor gets 50.1% of the shares then Diamandis involvement becomes a lot less worrying as he no longer gets to call the shots. The statement indicated there would be a new board. This is a decent start.

The question remains who will have the power of being the controlling shareholder? This is the single most important issue in this scenario.

Totally agre with what you say, but the statements talks about investment & takeover in one sentence !
It also suggests that Diamandis is part of the NEW Consortium along with SSW, which gives them a 2/3 share. ie controll.
Like I keep saying we need more information to know if it is good for the club or not. I remain cynical until proved otherwise because of the current lots track record.  (Remember they had the majority shareholding when the Brady, Donegan, Blatchley board were in place, but that didn't stop the club almost going out of business (with debts considerably lower than today)

Sorry Phil, you seem to know what you're talking about, but that's rubbish!

That's the same as saying the Fans Consortium is made up of people all having an equal share.

SSW could have a %, MD a % and the new guy a %. Doesn't mean it's the same %.

Why do we continue to blindly speculate? Wait and see.....

No you are quite right. What concerns me, is that we will be presented with a "done deal", when we won't be able to do or say nothing to change it.  (Not that we will have any influence any way).
All I know is that if Diamandis is involved, it will lead to problems. The way I read it, the New Consortium will own a block of shares in STFC probably a majority if not all of them.  Now those shares may be sub divided between the parties unequally or they may just be held in one block under a trading name ( eg STFC Proerties ltd ).
The point being that if 2 out off 3 of the consortium are ether Diamadis, or being advised by Diamandis, it doesn't look good to me.
As has been said before, If it is a FULL takeover with the new guy in charge, I can live with that, indeed, I may well be very positive about it. But if Diamandis has any influence, & it's a glorified investment I worry. (Because I care for the club, not because I hate the board)

From the Dark Side
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 17:16:25 »

The reason I am doing this is beacuse I do NOT want the club to fold. Nor does any body else on this board. Thats why some people got off their backside & DID something about it. (Mike Wilkes & the TRUST) to put together a consortium to rescue the club.

No nobody wants the club to fold but I bet there's a few people who would use it as a personal victory against other people who don't get involved too much.

I realistically cannot do much about the situation, I live too far from Swindon to be able attend meetings really and I have been spending half my year in France lately.

You appear to have your head up the NEW Consortiums ass from day one based on 1 or 2 very ambiguos statements
If you don't like it go to the official site & read their propaganda.

That's complete nonsense - I've said one thing and already jumping to conclusions - seems to be a lot of that around at the moment.

I'm as tired of the board as everyone else on here but I'm equally as tired of people trying to tell other people what they should be thinking.  If anyone is ever so slightly not on the side of "let's kill all the board and their children" then they get shot down immediately.  The thing about discussion boards is to discuss things not to preach to people.

The board brought in Power in the first instance, what happened there happened there - it's going to be a while before we find out I expect, but surely if the board were capable of bringing someone like Bill to the club why should they not be able to find someone else we can get behind - if Sturrock has met them and can see a way out with them then maybe it's not bad news.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 17:25:05 »

Ok fair does, I thought you were saying I wanted the club to fold.

From the Dark Side
Dazzza

« Reply #148 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 17:29:50 »

Meh we’re playing Macarbi pre-season so he must be Israeli either that or Austrian.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 17:34:26 »

bin laden thats who, from his cave in the afghan mountains, the town end is going to be renamed the al-qaeda stand
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: