Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Foreign Investor alledgedly  (Read 24770 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:37:21 »

The problem lies in people wanting the club to fold just to be able to say I told you so.

In a years time you'll probably be trying to get your head out of this Consortiums collective arsehole.

Stop scaremongering and let people make thier own minds up.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:39:23 »

Quote from: "pauld"
The postcode is neither here nor there

No, actually it is both!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:43:51 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
The two million figure comes from the following:
Bill P 1.2 million
Lukas upto 1 million
Wise/ Poyet compo 350k
O'Halon compo 175k
Brian adams 50k
Extra Gate receipts from the Walsall game 100k

Someone, I assume it's the Wills family, but could be St Modwen, is also receiving £300,000 interest a year.

Re the point that Rich people aren't stupid, I agree IF they are self made, but their are exceptrions to every rule. The Wills Family were rich weren't thay?. They were stupid enough to involve a certain mikey D in their affairs.

Fair point Phil, but I have to take issue with a couple of those figures (not that it makes all that much difference, I'm just feeling pedantic)

We have no idea how much we got for Lukas or the structure of the deal. I dont think its really realistic to just lump £1m in there assuming we got that figure up front.  I'm fairly sure we only got £75k cash for O hanlon, with extras payable depending on MK Dongs promtion (HA HA!) and appearances, which would have bumped it up to your £175k figure.

I expect the Interest is a mixture of both St Modwen and SSW as you suggest.  I dont really see the problem with that given the size of the loans both have in place at the club.

My only sensible suggestion as to where the "missing" money has gone is that some of said loans has been repaid. Other than that it looks pretty dodgy.

I had a point when I started typing this..........
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:46:49 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
The problem lies in people wanting the club to fold just to be able to say I told you so.

:goodpost:
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:47:33 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"

My only sensible suggestion as to where the "missing" money has gone is that some of said loans has been repaid.

Now you see................thats against the law when you are in the throes of a CVA
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:48:32 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
I just don't like the way there is little information regarding this new investor.  With the Trust and BP everything was explained/information available.  There was also a guarantee than the fans would get a say in the day to day running of the club.  I just hope this new set up (providing it goes through) can offer the same...................................

Swindon fans have been kept in the dark long enough.

100% agree with Lady.

In fairness though, the announcement has only been in the public domain for 3 days. IMHO, the Trust statement goes some way in suggesting the Club owe everybody more information; however, I strongly suspect that is unlikely to be made public any time soon.

Until I receive (and understand) more information on what is being proposed, I shall examine the evidence and decide for myself whether its a good or bad thing. I strongly urge others to follow a similar route.

Until then,  :|
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:49:49 »

I didnt know that Fred.

Dodgyness all round then. Fantastic.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:55:20 »

In a years time you'll probably be trying to get your head out of this Consortiums collective arsehole.

No the problem lies with the fact that the current board have taken this club to the edge. In response a consortium was put together with fans and known backer with a proven track record.
For reasons only they know, they didn't want to deal with the above, despite past promises.
Now they come up with a consortium which at the best needs to answer all of the questions that the fans consortium answered up front.  The very ambiguous statements put out don't give any answers but do lead to many questions.
It DOES suggest that the "NEW" Consortium consists of the same muppets who have run the club into the ground PLUS someone with some money. So the only thing that is different is they have some money. So how long will it last.

If the board want to stop the discussion they should give us the information. I am not scare mongering, I am calling it as I see it based on what I know & past history.  The reason I am doing this is beacuse I do NOT want the club to fold. Nor does any body else on this board. Thats why some people got off their backside & DID something about it. (Mike Wilkes & the TRUST) to put together a consortium to rescue the club.

Sure people will make their own minds up, but information helps. (You appear to have your head up the NEW Consortiums ass from day one based on 1 or 2 very ambiguos statements
If you don't like it go to the official site & read their propaganda.

From the Dark Side
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:59:18 »

I didnt know that Fred.

Dodgyness all round then. Fantastic.

Certainly is Colin

The CVA is agreed by the creditors to take a percentage of the total debt over a set period of time.

To make payments outside of that framework is classed as "preferential payments" and is a major no-no
glos_robin

« Reply #129 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:59:24 »

Yeah obviously people want the club that they spend their money on to fold :roll:
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:00:42 »

We dont know who will be running the club. If the new investor gets 50.1% of the shares then Diamandis involvement becomes a lot less worrying as he no longer gets to call the shots. The statement indicated there would be a new board. This is a decent start.

The question remains who will have the power of being the controlling shareholder? This is the single most important issue in this scenario.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:08:37 »

We dont know who will be running the club. If the new investor gets 50.1% of the shares then Diamandis involvement becomes a lot less worrying as he no longer gets to call the shots. The statement indicated there would be a new board. This is a decent start.

The question remains who will have the power of being the controlling shareholder? This is the single most important issue in this scenario.

Totally agre with what you say, but the statements talks about investment & takeover in one sentence !
It also suggests that Diamandis is part of the NEW Consortium along with SSW, which gives them a 2/3 share. ie controll.
Like I keep saying we need more information to know if it is good for the club or not. I remain cynical until proved otherwise because of the current lots track record.  (Remember they had the majority shareholding when the Brady, Donegan, Blatchley board were in place, but that didn't stop the club almost going out of business (with debts considerably lower than today)

From the Dark Side
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:19:25 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"

Totally agre with what you say, but the statements talks about investment & takeover in one sentence !
It also suggests that Diamandis is part of the NEW Consortium along with SSW, which gives them a 2/3 share. ie controll.
Like I keep saying we need more information to know if it is good for the club or not. I remain cynical until proved otherwise because of the current lots track record.  (Remember they had the majority shareholding when the Brady, Donegan, Blatchley board were in place, but that didn't stop the club almost going out of business (with debts considerably lower than today)

Sorry Phil, you seem to know what you're talking about, but that's rubbish!

That's the same as saying the Fans Consortium is made up of people all having an equal share.

SSW could have a %, MD a % and the new guy a %. Doesn't mean it's the same %.

Why do we continue to blindly speculate? Wait and see.....

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:25:09 »

Quote from: "herthab"

Why do we continue to blindly speculate? Wait and see.....

Best piece of advice today !
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 16:26:47 »

But I like blindly speculating, it's all I have in my life :shock:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: