Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Foreign Investor alledgedly  (Read 24772 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:08:35 »

The two million figure comes from the following:
Bill P 1.2 million
Lukas upto 1 million
Wise/ Poyet compo 350k
O'Halon compo 175k
Brian adams 50k
Extra Gate receipts from the Walsall game 100k
(Parkin & Fallon fees were too long ago so I left them off, but the above adds upto £2,875,000. I've rounded down because some of the payments may have been delayed, but then Fallon & Parkin fees may have had delays too, so I'm being conservative.

Someone, I assume it's the Wills family, but could be St Modwen, is also receiving £300,000 interest a year.

Re the point that Rich people aren't stupid, I agree IF they are self made, but their are exceptrions to every rule. The Wills Family were rich weren't thay?. They were stupid enough to involve a certain mikey D in their affairs.

I agree with STFC Lady, Fatbury etc. If the New Investor sweeps the board room clear, I am fine with that. But ALL influence of the current clowns has to go.
That in itself carrys a risk. When the Wills, put in a new board last time they were as bad as this current board, & it took a court case to remove them. (Brady, Donegan & Blatchley) (and remember the promises made then regarding playing budgets etc).
My point is that with Bill P we KNOW who we were dealing with & had the added security of fans involvement ( eg. People on this board may disagree on a lot of things, & we may not have the expertise, but as fans of STFC, none of us would countenance selling the club down the river (or maybe I should say Motorway).

From the Dark Side
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:09:29 »

If it shows a buyout, i.e gaining more than 50% of the shares in the holding co, then that would be a good thing, subject to their own credentials and desires.  I think pretty much everyone would be happy with a well intentioned TAKEOVER.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:10:57 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
If it shows a buyout, i.e gaining more than 50% of the shares in the holding co, then that would be a good thing, subject to their own credentials and desires.  I think pretty much everyone would be happy with a well intentioned TAKEOVER.

Exactly my point, but without the rambling  Smiley

From the Dark Side
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:11:33 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Another point is that if the investment is as large as the figures being mentioned and MD was still at the club, if he fell out with the new investors, it would be him, not them, that would be walking.

This is being unveiled as a takeover, they would have a controlling share.

My take on it is that SSW and MD want to stick around to get some of the redevelopment, but they won't be the ones making the decisions.

I insist on remaining hopeful, upbeat and positive.

Stop messing with my chakra you negative ninnies Cheesy

Thats the way I see it too. Also it's about the best we can hope for!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:12:54 »

Quote from: "Tails"
A this talk of Chippenham is becoming tiresome.

They CAN'T take the club there, whether they want to or not.

That particular escape route was closed after the Wimbledon fiasco.

If we were to relocate outside the borough we would forfeit our league status, which would hardly make an attractive proposition for anyone, even the present board.

It's an SN postcode therefore they are completely free to move us there if they want to.

The postcode is completely irrelevant - Chippenham would not fall within the League guidelines because:

1) It's not within the recognised conurbation of Swindon
2) There is already a senior football club in the area
3) Unlike Wimbledon, we have a ground in our "home" conurbation plus the opportunity to redevelop it, so long as the plans we submit are sensible and legal
4) There would be substantial opposition from the fanbase (not part of the League regs but any panel considering such a request would be obliged to take that into account).

The postcode is neither here nor there
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:13:11 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Another point is that if the investment is as large as the figures being mentioned and MD was still at the club, if he fell out with the new investors, it would be him, not them, that would be walking.

My take on it is that SSW and MD want to stick around to get some of the redevelopment, but they won't be the ones making the decisions.

I insist on remaining hopeful, upbeat and positive.

Stop messing with my chakra you negative ninnies Cheesy

Thats the way I see it too. Also it's about the best we can hope for!

From the Dark Side
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:14:10 »

That is a key question... Takeover, or Investment. The statements have used both words.
But why should we settle for "the best we can hope for".

The Best senario in 90% of supporters mins is the fans consortium.

SSW has always said he will do what is best for STFC. He also promised he would give the club to the TRUST  free, if they repaid all of his loans.

HE has been offered the above PLUS a million, and has been persuaded not to even open the books.

From the Dark Side
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:15:11 »

Agree completely, it definitely does need to be a takeover, and personally I think it probably will be..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:15:48 »

Yes, but as a takeover by the "New consortium" - so the NC will have a controlling stake in the football club/holding co (assuming they don't fold that as part of some kind of financial engineering wizardry); what matters will be who has the controlling interest in the NC.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:16:00 »

I just don't like the way there is little information regarding this new investor.  With the Trust and BP everything was explained/information available.  There was also a guarantee than the fans would get a say in the day to day running of the club.  I just hope this new set up (providing it goes through) can offer the same...................................

Swindon fans have been kept in the dark long enough.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:16:02 »

But surely once the new investor(s) look at the books they are going to run a mile, £1.2m + int to Bill, £900,000 CVA, high over spends, loans owed to SSW and I would mind betting wages that Diamandis has deferred for a few years.

They probably need something like £5m just to make the club have a credit on the balace sheet, and then another £1m to cover next season's projected loss and that is before any transfer budget

Then there is the negative qualification on the holding co accounts to be seen.

That is even before they look at the books and find the black hole in the middle of them.

Bill P was aware of all this anyway and still wants the club  but these new people probably aren't and may wonder what they are likely to be getting themselves into.

And of course when they realise that Sandy has been doing the accounting and sit down with her to ask her questions about it....

I am seriously expecting a statement in a few weeks saying the investor has unfortunetly pulled out but not to worry as we are going back to the original investor that we p1ssed off when the new guy came along and hope he is still interested just so we don't have to do a deal with that fan's consortium.

This club will take years to put right, and if the current lot hang aorund to "help" out.....no thanks not for me, as we'll be risking them doing the same as happened with BP and we'd be even worse off.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:19:33 »

it depends what they see in the future and their reasons for buying in.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:24:07 »

totally agree with that
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:25:50 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
But surely once the new investor(s) look at the books they are going to run a mile, £1.2m + int to Bill, £900,000 CVA, high over spends, loans owed to SSW and I would mind betting wages that Diamandis has deferred for a few years.

They probably need something like £5m just to make the club have a credit on the balace sheet, and then another £1m to cover next season's projected loss and that is before any transfer budget

Then there is the negative qualification on the holding co accounts to be seen.

That is even before they look at the books and find the black hole in the middle of them.

Bill P was aware of all this anyway and still wants the club  but these new people probably aren't and may wonder what they are likely to be getting themselves into.

And of course when they realise that Sandy has been doing the accounting and sit down with her to ask her questions about it....

I am seriously expecting a statement in a few weeks saying the investor has unfortunetly pulled out but not to worry as we are going back to the original investor that we p1ssed off when the new guy came along and hope he is still interested just so we don't have to do a deal with that fan's consortium.

This club will take years to put right, and if the current lot hang aorund to "help" out.....no thanks not for me, as we'll be risking them doing the same as happened with BP and we'd be even worse off.

well according to the Adver the new investment will wipe out all the clubs debt. that will take some doing but if it is true im sure the investment will cover all of these
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, July 5, 2007, 15:30:55 »

What concerns me is that the NEW consortium seems to be composed of SSW (No real problem, but rather not);, the Aussie/Serbian/Lithuanian/ American/ Outer Mongolian Investor (Who we know nothing about, but assume is in it for NON football reasons; and......................................Uncle Mikey D! (Therin lies the problem)

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: