Poll
Question: When Will The Board Tell Us What The Fuck Is Going On?  (Voting closed: Monday, July 2, 2007, 07:49:42)
9-10am - 0 (0%)
10-11am - 0 (0%)
11-12 - 0 (0%)
12-1pm - 0 (0%)
1-2 - 0 (0%)
2-3 - 1 (1.2%)
3-4 - 0 (0%)
4-5 - 7 (8.3%)
5-6 - 8 (9.5%)
After 6, but still today - 5 (6%)
Tomorrow - 44 (52.4%)
Never, they fucked off at the weekend!! - 19 (22.6%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When Will We Hear......  (Read 9938 times)
magic8ball

« Reply #90 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 19:52:08 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Dachauer"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
doesn't matter as long as we remain in business thats all that matters for now surely?

i'd rather we didn't. i'm not sure how much of it i can take.

Its not vert pleasant all this uncertain mess, but surely the club that is STFC will go on

The money grabbing arms of the government - Customs, inland revenue etc. have made it quite clear that being a football club doesn't give you any immunity from the laws which govern businesses. STFC have pushed these to the limit over the last 10 years as it is. The football league will surely be looking to make an example of a club, to show that you can't use football as a safety net against sketchy financial gambling in the hope of making a quick buck. Which is exactly what our current board have been doing over the last several years.

If they manage to get out of this one then they've borrowed some time, but everytime they pull off one of these Houdini financial escapes it becomes less likely the club will come out the other side.

It's difficult to keep investing emotionally into a club which you know is being used by a few as a financial tightrope walking aid. Every time one of their schemes fails, then the end of the rope just gets further away. It's only a matter of time until someone falls and takes the club with them.

Which is precisely why we need Bill Power to come in, clear our debts, and put us onto a stable financial footing.
glos_robin

« Reply #91 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 19:52:28 »

doesn't matter as long as we remain in business thats all that matters for now surely?

i'd rather we didn't. i'm not sure how much of it i can take.

Its not vert pleasant all this uncertain mess, but surely the club that is STFC will go on

The money grabbing arms of the government - Customs, inland revenue etc. have made it quite clear that being a football club doesn't give you any immunity from the laws which govern businesses. STFC have pushed these to the limit over the last 10 years as it is. The football league will surely be looking to make an example of a club, to show that you can't use football as a safety net against sketchy financial gambling in the hope of making a quick buck. Which is exactly what our current board have been doing over the last several years.

If they manage to get out of this one then they've borrowed some time, but everytime they pull off one of these Houdini financial escapes it becomes less likely the club will come out the other side.

It's difficult to keep investing emotionally into a club which you know is being used by a few as a financial tightrope walking aid. Every time one of their schemes fails, then the end of the rope just gets further away. It's only a matter of time until someone falls and takes the club with them.

:goodpost: Spot on agree with that entirely
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #92 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 19:52:53 »

Very poetic Ben and not in a beautiful way.
flammableBen

« Reply #93 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 19:58:37 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"

Which is precisely why we need Bill Power to come in, clear our debts, and put us onto a stable financial footing.

I thought that including a bit which stated that Bill Power is some sort of super ninja circus gymnast; who can save us from our precarious position on the tightrope of doom, might have been pushing the analogy a bit. It nearly made it in though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #94 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 20:00:58 »

I'd have preferred some other super lame cliche, like "it's going down to the wire" or "our future hangs in the balance".
lebowski

« Reply #95 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:03:30 »

Quote from: "000"
I was duly informed of the following by a very upset member of the clubs staff an hour ago, I sorry to betray their trust but needs must.

The remaining investor pulled out at 10 o’clock this morning, as has taken the view that any future legal action by Mr. Power may be too costly and time consuming

The reason the club has not held talks with SBC is mainly to do with the fact that two other creditors including HMRC have already informed them that they will not renegotiate the CVA payments under any circumstances.

Unless the board comes up with the funds needed in the next few days, it’s fairly clear that the HMRC and possibly some other creditors will be applying for a winding up order.

i'm not having this. it's almost 11pm now, and this still hasn't been substantiated, be it by the club, or by an upset employee's friend's mum's dog, so as far as i'm concerned, it's bollocks.

i fully expect the club to announce on tuesday, or wednesday, that the issue has been resolved. that is when the questions will really begin.
flammableBen

« Reply #96 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:07:59 »

How long will it take for the cheques to the Creditzors to bounce? They're probably still in the post with this postal strike stuff. The board could buy themselves another week with excuses easy.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #97 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:25:44 »

Creditzors? Creditors from outer space?

Sounds like an ace cartoon.
flammableBen

« Reply #98 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:28:49 »

I wanted them to sound more deadly. Do you like it?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #99 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:29:27 »

I think even the good doctor would be scared, let alone the bopard.
flammableBen

« Reply #100 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:33:43 »

Are you referring to Doctor Who, Mr. Pie? I think Ralphy would make an ace Doctor. Or me, I'm going to become an actor so I can hopefully land the role. How does one go about becoming an actzor?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #101 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:43:02 »

I was indeed.

I don't know much about actzing. Sometimes people say I actz up, but I don't really know what they mean.
sonic youth

« Reply #102 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:44:43 »

you go to RADA and suck some cock
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #103 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 22:45:23 »

angzty
flammableBen

« Reply #104 on: Monday, July 2, 2007, 23:00:51 »

you go to RADA and suck some cock

Don't be bitter sonic. I'll make it even if I have to suck some penis.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: