Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chris Coleman in talks with Real Sociedad  (Read 1494 times)
Rich Pullen

« on: Wednesday, June 27, 2007, 21:15:55 »

Ripped unashamedly from the BBC website.

"Former Fulham boss Chris Coleman is in talks with Spanish club Real Sociedad over the vacant manager's position, BBC Sport understands.
Coleman, 37 was sacked by Fulham in April after four years in charge at Craven Cottage.

Miguel Angel Lotina quit as Sociedad's coach following their relegation from the Primera Liga earlier this month.

Lotina had been appointed in October but was unable to stop Sociedad going down for the first time in 40 years.

Coleman joined Fulham as a player in 1997 in a £2m move from Blackburn, but injuries suffered in a car crash in 2001 led to his retirement less then two years later.

He took over as manager in April 2003 following the departure of Jean Tigana."

He'd last months there - regardless to how well he does!
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2007, 21:16:38 »

very good manager and a nice bloke

hope he does well
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 07:14:16 »

went to San Sebastian/Donostia on my recent holiday - I reckon one look at the place and he will snap up the job .. lovely town with a gorgeous beach!
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 08:42:04 »

I'd love to see him do well, he was clearly used as a scape goat at Foolham.

I liked the club, but now they've insulted Coleman by employing that complete cock, Sanchez, i'd love to see them fail and Coleman to go on and manage superbly.
red macca

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 08:44:45 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
I'd love to see him do well, he was clearly used as a scape goat at Foolham.

I liked the club, but now they've insulted Coleman by employing that complete cock, Sanchez, i'd love to see them fail and Coleman to go on and manage superbly.
Agree with that totally
mattboyslim

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 09:01:13 »

Agree, a good bloke with integrity who seems to genuinely care.  Never much liked Fulham, it seems liek a club lacking passion, but he did a decent job there and was very harshly sacked.  Sociedad is  very proud club and I think with their historic links to British football, and the Welsh in particular he could go down a storm over there.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 10:27:13 »

BBC say that Real Sociedad have offered him the job. Toshack must have gave him a glowing reference.

Surely a guarenteed promotion?
Sussex

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 10:35:57 »

Top bloke. Was very understanding when I accidently kicked one of his crutches away at a BP garage in West London after his crash  Oops
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 10:37:24 »

Quote from: "Sussex"
Top bloke. Was very understanding when I accidently kicked one of his crutches away at a BP garage in West London after his crash  Oops

Were you getting petrol or on a late night drunken search for a Ginsters pasty?
Scot Munroe

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 20:45:50 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"
BBC say that Real Sociedad have offered him the job. Toshack must have gave him a glowing reference.

Surely a guarenteed promotion?

they offered him a 3yr deal. They are candidates to go straight back to La Liga.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 20:53:23 »

Yeah but his contract is basically success based - so if it looks bleak half-way through - he'll be gone.

Good luck to him - I'll be interested to see who he may bring in to possibly join Kevin Richardson and Dalian Atkinson as British players who have played for Sociedad!
sonic youth

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 21:00:16 »

and john aldridge
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 28, 2007, 21:59:50 »

big club underachieving, massive basque pride there. if he can anchor that pride they should fly next season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 29, 2007, 14:33:33 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
big club underachieving, massive basque pride there. if he can anchor that pride they should fly next season.
Definitely. He's a good manager and should never have been sacked at Fulham. He's capable of getting them up, but if he doesn't you can expect him to lose the job quickly as that's the way it seems to happen in Spain!!!

Good luck to him
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: