Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 07/08 Starting 11  (Read 4837 times)
Richard4acre

Ignore
« on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:36:38 »

Just though with the pending financial reprucussions looming, many more transfers in seems unlikely. So with what would your starting 11 look like.

GK Petr Brezovan - If he's fit, with all due respect, he's sooo much better than Smith and will shine for us in the season to come.

RB Smith - Please stay, youre alot more consistent to your predecessor messers Gurney or Jenkins. Event hough JEnkins was ace  :shock:
CB Jefel Ifil - The beast will continue to singlehandly man mark any centre forward out of every game next season.
CB Hasney Ajoffree - We wont spend money on squad players, Sturrock sees him as a CB, will Jerel suffer without Ady?
LB Jamie Vincent - Fuck off Nicho, not to worried about you, Vincent will look a little more sterdy at LB foloowing his run of game during the latter part of the season.

RM Christian Roberts - If he gets his arse in gear he could well torment and L1 defence simialr to his best spell when he joined the club in 2004/2005.
CM Lee Peacock - This man can do no wrong, and is in there on merrit, unless Gareth Walley took a year out to perfect his game, Peaks will continue to work his bollocks off for the team.
Easton - How the fuck did i forget about him! He'll score some crackers, though just some goals full stop is nice
LM Sofienne Zaboub - If he takes his bloody gloves off he may realise we're only playing football. Unless he's our sub goalie Ady Williams style....

ST Barry Corr - Undecided, but his performances with a broken back warrant some game pime when he's fully fit.
ST Huh?Huh?? - Whatever the wonderful board of STFC have left in their piggy bank.

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:39:05 »

Erm... Pook, really?

Are you forgetting Craig Easton?
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:40:15 »

So far with what we have.

............Brez/Smith im not fussed
Smith.....Ifil.....Aljofree.....Vincent
Roberts..Peacock...Easton...Zauboob
..............Corr........Caton

Thats the best he have at the moment I think
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:44:30 »

wtf? Caton? He'll be non-league soon. Too many injuries. Sturrock is clearly better.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:45:38 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
wtf? Caton? He'll be non-league soon. Too many injuries. Sturrock is clearly better.

Hence why I said thats the best we have now, we have only got two strikers at the club that are signed on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:51:10 »

why is everyone writing off Adie Williams?
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:55:27 »

Well Ajofree and ifil seems a cert. So what else can we do unless its 5 at the back and i'd go absolutely scatty!

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 18:30:17 »

I reckon it would be aljofree at left back with vincent staying in the middle

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 18:44:07 »

Quote from: "Richard4acre"
GK Petr Brezovan - If he's fit, with all due respect, he's sooo much better than Smith and will shine for us in the season to come.

What what so lacking in Smith's game last season that makes you think Brezovan is so much better?

As things stand right now, Smith should start - FACT!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 18:45:56 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"
I reckon it would be aljofree at left back with vincent staying in the middle

Sturrock has already says that he sees Aljofrey as a centre back, not a left back.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 19:08:21 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Richard4acre"

What what so lacking in Smith's game last season that makes you think Brezovan is so much better?

As things stand right now, Smith should start - FACT!

Presence (sp)

From what i saw from brez in the first part of the season was his presence and commanding abilities.
Also confidence, he came out for crosses with full on confidence to catch anything within reach, something i think smithy lacks in,

dont get me wrong, no disrespect to smith, he came in and did a fantastic job (just think if jon stewart had come in) but to me brez is(was) a better keeper.
Im not gonna judge fully just yet mind as he's been out for almost a year, some players after injury come out on fire others flop. we'll just wait and see.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 19:18:39 »

Wouldn't be surprised if Brezovan is going to be transferred to a Championship club for an undisclosed fee, just a hunch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 19:45:24 »

900k per chance?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 19:51:04 »

I try and remain positive, but is that team 30-40 points better a season than the one that got us relegated?  I can't see it it.

Easton may turn out to be a good signing, and if we keep Brez he could be top notch. Ifil and Aljofree may work but they could equally end up both being sent off in a game.  Smith was good last season but not so great the year before and Vincent is a pro but nothing to worry other teams.  Peacock has heart but the wings suggest we won't spend much time bossing any teams, more relying on sparks.  Upfront is the real worry if we assume Peacock and Roberts are no longer playing there.  We began 2005/06 with Fallon, Cureton, Thorpe and Roberts, we can't even match that line-up yet.

With the extra work rate and organisation that team looks a safe bet for lower table nothingness.  Who knows though, me may thank our lucky starts for that after the past few weeks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 19:57:18 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I try and remain positive, but is that team 30-40 points better a season than the one that got us relegated?  I can't see it it.

Easton may turn out to be a good signing, and if we keep Brez he could be top notch. Ifil and Aljofree may work but they could equally end up both being sent off in a game.  Smith was good last season but not so great the year before and Vincent is a pro but nothing to worry other teams.  Peacock has heart but the wings suggest we won't spend much time bossing any teams, more relying on sparks.  Upfront is the real worry if we assume Peacock and Roberts are no longer playing there.  We began 2005/06 with Fallon, Cureton, Thorpe and Roberts, we can't even match that line-up yet.

With the extra work rate and organisation that team looks a safe bet for lower table nothingness.  Who knows though, me may thank our lucky starts for that after the past few weeks.

You're forgetting one thing

Andy King/Iffy Onoura managed the team two years ago

We've now got Paul Sturrock in charge who has technically achieved more at STFC in 7 months than King and Onoura have in their whole careers put together.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: