Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Muse Live  (Read 1203 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 26, 2007, 22:10:58 »

Think a few people like myself are going to see Muse at Wembley, but tonight was my first experience of the band who were in Luxembourg this evening.

They were frighteningly good and I can't wait for the Wembley gig now.

I was sitting with all the other disabled people and my dad, who went along without a ticket pretended to be my helper and got in for free!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 26, 2007, 22:12:37 »

brillaint live band. my mate is going to one of the wembly shows  Sad as you can probably tell i wont be
cib

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 26, 2007, 22:18:45 »

the wembley gig is going to be awesome, shame about the streets supporting though  :|
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 26, 2007, 23:28:23 »

Muse are one of the best bands i've seen. Wish I was going to the Wembley gig

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 26, 2007, 23:51:12 »

i hate muse.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 00:17:17 »

The next fortnight is going to be great gig-wise. I'm going to see The Who at The Rose Bowl next saturday, very short notice...only realised they were playing on friday. The weekend after I'm off to the Isle of Wight festival, Kasabian and Muse on the same night Cool. Then finish off with The Rolling Stones on the sunday. :\/
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 11:31:42 »

I'm going to Wembley on the Saturday as well; can't wait.

Not bothered about the support acts though.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 19:32:49 »

Dirty Pretty Things have been announced as the final support act for the Saturday when i'm going; I loved their album so looking forward to see what they are like live.
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 19:35:48 »

Never been a giant muse fan, but they are ace live.
spacey

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 19:45:47 »

The singer looks like Glenn Roeder.
kaufman

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 19:53:11 »

fucking hell he does, that is brilliant, i'll be using that  
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 18:45:15 »

Bob's Orange; what did you think then?

I got there just in time for Dirty Pretty Things; we had excellent seats near the front so had an excellent view. The sound for most of their set seemed pretty bad to me; got better near the end. Felt sorry for them as I like them.

The Streets I'm not fussed about but they were ok; the Mexican Waves  :roll: showed what a lot of the crowd thought though. I hate them; they should be banned.

Muse I thought were excellent as ever; they are fantastic live.

Got home at 1.45; sodding First Great Western didn't have enough carriages on their trains so it was like a cattle market; what fun!!

Top Day out though; very impressed with Wembley Stadium.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 21:52:06 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
Bob's Orange; what did you think then?

I got there just in time for Dirty Pretty Things; we had excellent seats near the front so had an excellent view. The sound for most of their set seemed pretty bad to me; got better near the end. Felt sorry for them as I like them.

The Streets I'm not fussed about but they were ok; the Mexican Waves  :roll: showed what a lot of the crowd thought though. I hate them; they should be banned.

Muse I thought were excellent as ever; they are fantastic live.

Got home at 1.45; sodding First Great Western didn't have enough carriages on their trains so it was like a cattle market; what fun!!

Top Day out though; very impressed with Wembley Stadium.

We arrived quite early to try and avoid some of the crowd and crutched my way along Wembley way from Wembley Park tube station (my dad parked at Ickenham and we got the train from there). We picked up our tickets and made our way to the ONE lift they had which I thought was a bit off for a place that size but never mind. The lift was situated on the wrong side of the stadium but we finally made it to our seats (with a stop off for a beer) by about 3.30. I was extremely impressed with Wembley but more about that later.

Bands -

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Quite superb! Who would think that a man and a woman playing acoustic guitars could be so entertaining. Their playing was amazing.

Dirty Pretty Things - Poor, very poor. Even Bang Bang Your Dead didn't save them. Think their material is cack.

The Streets - Was relatively entertained. Mike Skinner did his best to get the crowd going and there were a few good moshing sessions. Overall they just about get a thumbs up.

Muse - Well, this is easily the best live act on the planet at the moment. The gig was awesome from start to finish. I have never seen so many people moshing, Plug in Baby was superb, the whole crowd jumping up and down was an amazing site!

Overall it was by far and away the best gig I have been to, the crowd, surroundings were wonderful. They have done a good job with Wembley, I was especially impressed with how many toilets and food and drink venders there was, you hardly had to queue at all. Apparently the roof is still broken though, quelle surprise!! Have to also mention how helpful the staff were, when they saw I was on crutches, 3 members of staff pointed me to the lift without me asking and they were all friendly.

Getting home was a pain in the arse. Wembley Park Station is not big enough to handle so many people trying to get away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 22:32:15 »

Muse are one of the best bands around live, no question. Possibly the best live band since At the drive-in split up.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 22:36:14 »

my sister went to see muse tonight. i hate her as much as the band now

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: