Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Howard in "the hole"  (Read 2580 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:05:48 »

Oh no, just when you think with Holmes gone Brian might play on the left, which wouldn't be too bad, no Igoe's struggling for Friday and Howard may go in "the hole" as his replacement.  Why?  We all wait with our hearts in our mouths!!
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:08:42 »

To be fair, Howard did do quite well there when he came on.

Whats worse than this though, is it seems to indicate that we'll be playing 4-5-1 again v MK Dongs.

I can understand it away against top of the table Luton, but not against the likes of MK and and Wrexham
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:11:50 »

Not when we need to win 6 out of 8 games, or whatever the target is.  Howard's better out wide.  FACT.  I want to see Robbo and Parkin up front on Friday, Parkin needs a partner up there.  

Don't wreck Jan Aage Day for the travelling masses Kingy!!  It's 10 years since the great man left.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:18:36 »

I don't mind Howard having that kind of role, as long as he's not in the central midfield.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:19:49 »

Like PM said though I don't want to see Sam up top on his own again.  PLaying into the hands of the opposition.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:28:58 »

Roberts actually fancies the role of playing in the hole, but always gets shunted out wide, which he doesn't like so much.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:33:26 »

4-5-1 sucks donkey balls, surely king must realise that after saturday!? if roberts is fit he must play up front he's wasted out wide. we should be killing teams like Franchise, not going there scared to play attacking football

we should keep the same formation that finished on sat...

book

ifil heywood ohanlon

jenkins migz smith howard/hewlett duke

roberts parkin
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:33:42 »

its perfect personnel for the chelsea type thing...  parkin centre forward with roberts and howard inside right and left respectively.

officially blacker than the night.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:42:25 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
4-5-1 sucks donkey balls, surely king must realise that after saturday!? if roberts is fit he must play up front he's wasted out wide. we should be killing teams like Franchise, not going there scared to play attacking football

we should keep the same formation that finished on sat...

book

ifil heywood ohanlon

jenkins migz smith howard/hewlett duke

roberts parkin

MKD have lost less home games than us this season.....our away form is patchy at best......odds are not in favour of us winning.....especially as the defence has returned to being like a sieve.....8 conceded in 3 games, mainly due to errors in basic stuff.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 19:50:18 »

Perhaps a 3-4-1-2 would work with Howard in the hole?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 22:22:05 »

4-5-1 has caused more problems than its solved.  Before we had the dilemma of 3-5-2/5-3-2 (whatever you want to call it) and 4-4-2, but now we have the added dimension of the 4-5-1.  The problems of 4-5-1 as I see it:

- Several players out of position - will piss them off
- A frustrated Parkin has struggled to score in this formation
- We are not disciplined enough to have this approach - we make mistakes, Keegan approach of "scoring more than them" may be more suitable

Howard in the hole is not a good idea - he's a great winger, so get the lad playing there.  Roberts is a great striker, so lets have him playing there too.  No faffing about with Smith on the left wing, or Roberts on the right where he isn't happy.  Back to basics King, we need 3 points on Friday and you won't get it in a 4-5-1.

The only positive I see from a 4-5-1, is O'Hanlon's and Jenkins' performances in midfield at Bournemouth and Luton respectively - both did extremely well, and am pleased to say it was a Kingy masterstroke.  Unfortunately, we were undone at Bournemouth by playing Duke at left back and not Nicho, and were undone at Luton by bad refereeing decisions (mainly).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 23:32:54 »

Howard can p;ay in the hole as long as the other midfielders win the ball for him

However I couldnt be more against the idea of playing 4-5-fuc-king-1 again
santini

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 23:38:56 »

Howard should be good in the hole ... he's had enough practice being up  his own most of the time. Cool

No, seriously. It won't work because Howard will be so intent on getting the glory himself that he won't slip the ball to better placed strikers.

Pointless debate anyway. He will be gone in his big transfer deal by Thursday. Sven hasn't picked him only because he doesn't want to jeapardise the move. Wink
Asher

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 24, 2005, 10:08:50 »

is it 10 years since that legend left? I didnt know it was on deadline day? Please confirm

jan aage fjortoft was a legend, I remember running around my lounge celebrating like him and I fell and cracked my head open.  My mum said'serves you right now eat your dinner' I remember I had peas and blood pouring then my brother whacked me on teh head it was killing my mum took me to the hospital after 3 hours how harsh is that!
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 24, 2005, 10:11:33 »

Quote from: "Asher"

jan aage fjortoft was a legend, I remember running around my lounge celebrating like him and I fell and cracked my head open.  My mum said'serves you right now eat your dinner' I remember I had peas and blood pouring then my brother whacked me on teh head it was killing my mum took me to the hospital after 3 hours how harsh is that!

Thats quality!

Asher: Oops i've cut my head open
Mum: Shut the fuck up and eat your dinner
Asher: But i'm bleeding everywhere
Mum: Good :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: