Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interview with Roberts on thisis  (Read 1938 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 12:10:20 »

Q&A interview featuring Christian Roberts

General football questions

1) What team do you support? I don't really support any team in particular. If I had to choose I would probably say Cardiff, because that's the team I went to watch as a boy.

2) What is the favourite ground you have played at? For sheer noise and atmosphere I would have to say The Millennium Stadium, Cardiff. I played in front of 60,000 fans there in the League Two play off final against Brighton. It was electric.

3) What is your career footballing highlight? Again, playing at the Millennium Stadium, and winning promotion with Swindon last season of course.

4) What was your worst moment in football? Being an unused substitute for Wales against the USA. I would have loved to have been capped by my country.

5) Who was/is your role model in the game? Ian Wright. I always admired the way he came from the bottom and worked his way up to the top.

6) What is your most embarrassing moment? Probably the away game at Rochdale this year. The ball went out of play and another got thrown in, only for me to boot it straight over the stand.

Town questions

1) What was your favourite Swindon game? It has to be Walsall at home, when we clinched promotion on the last day of the season. It was just a great day, brilliant for the players and the fans.

2) What was your worst Swindon game? Rotherham away in 2005. That was the start of my fall to be honest. It's the last game I can remember before I went on a downward spiral.

3) Who's the biggest practical joker at the club? I'd like to think I'm up there with the best of them, but for banter there's nobody better than Ady Williams.

4) Who gets the most stick about their dress sense? Again, that's Ady Williams. And he loves to drop a name as well. He'll come into training and say something like "I spent £300 on this jumper". You should see his Christmas jumpers. But Jerel Ifil has the worst gear out of everyone - it's terrible.

5) Who is the most intelligent member of the squad? Scouse Nico (Andy Nicholas) is definitely a good man to have in your pub quiz team. He's a bright boy, I'll give him that, but he also knows a lot of useless things as well.

6) Who is the least intelligent member of the squad? Probably Jerel, he's a good lad but he doesn't think before he speaks sometimes!

Hobbies and other interests

1) What do you do away from football? My hobbies are my two kids really. I'm still going to AA meetings too, which takes up some of my time.

2) What kind of music do you listen to? I'm a big fan of R&B and hip hop. I also like listening to garage.

3) Who is your favourite pin-up? Apart from my wife? I would say Jordan, or maybe Halle Berry.

4) What is your martial status? married, wife Janine.

5) What's your favourite food? I love Italian food. I would have a caprese to start with, followed by steak in peppercorn sauce and sautee potatoes and the biggest chocolate cake you could ever imagine for a desert.

6) What's your favourite TV programme? I love American comedies like Fresh Prince of Bel Air, My Wife and Kids and Friends. Trouble TV and MTV Base are the two channels that are always on in my house.

Trouble TV???  
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 12:50:24 »

He's a classy bloke.

I like his taste.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:03:26 »

My favourite thing about Mr Roberts was the way him and "Janine" stood in the corridor outside my hotel room the morning after the ball having a shouting match at each other at about 8:30am  :evil:
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:10:32 »

His son Ethan is a little fucker.

A friend of mine was sat in the Arkells one match behind Ethan and his mum. He kept jumping on the seat and saying ''oi, thats my dad down there''.  

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:12:15 »

i've had the miss fortune to have the roberts clan sat behind me at a game.constant kicking of my seat for 90 mins.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:13:25 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i've had the miss fortune to have the roberts clan sat behind me at a game.constant kicking of my seat for 90 mins.

Yeah Ethan is a little devil.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:14:11 »

both kids were,dunno the names
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:14:53 »

Oooooooooo

What were they argueing about ?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:15:44 »

i reckon roberts demands for anal were thwarted
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:19:14 »

made me laugh at the end of the season, roberts came out and was signing autographs and Ethan said daddy can i have your autograph, half way though being interupted with a sharp no  
tans

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:19:39 »

probably wanted a pint
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:24:21 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
His son Ethan is a little fucker.

A friend of mine was sat in the Arkells one match behind Ethan and his mum. He kept jumping on the seat and saying ''oi, thats my dad down there''.  

They weren't on talking terms at 2 in the morning either. Was quite a moody git, but saying that I was pissed as a fart!  

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
land_of_bo

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:25:35 »

I'm not sure how you classify a steak with peppercorn sauce and sautee potatoes as Italian?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:26:51 »

true
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 13:35:24 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
I'm not sure how you classify a steak with peppercorn sauce and sautee potatoes as Italian?

If you eat it in Italy?

It's All Good..............
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: