Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise  (Read 2315 times)
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:51:06 »

Quote from: "Marie"
Johno, thats exactly where u and me were sat...

i know Sad  my mate phoned me to tell me again to make sure cause he said when they scored we'd know about it. i think we got his point..well loud!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:54:07 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Quote from: "reeves4england"
Did I read that right? they are planning a 30,000 seater stadium?!

I'm sorry but no team in League One (or possibly League 2!) should need or want a ground that size, bar of course Sheffield Wednesday, Hull etc.

There is no need and it would be a total watse of money. I hate big, empty grounds. Look at Wigan!

1)wigan fill their ground when rugby is played there
2)cheaper to build 30,000 seater stadium, than 20,000 seater and extend it later on
3)the dons will probably be higher up in the league than us in 3 seasons time, maybe sooner  :roll:

My point wasn't that Wigan's ground is pointless. although I can see why you'd think that. I know that Wigan get huge attendances for the (proper) rugby games, but whenever you look at wigan with an attendance of 10-15,000 or whatever, the ground looks empty and it sucks the life out of watching football!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 21:55:13 »

next season it will be full in the premiership.....

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 27, 2005, 22:00:01 »

With away fans!

I see the point that people will go to the big games, but can you honestly see Wigan vs Crystal Palace (assuming they stay up) filling the ground?

It kind of annoys me watching teams buy their way up the leagues with money that somebody just GIVES them.
Its probably because I have grown up watching Swindon scrape by, but you look at Hull, Reading, Wigan and the like and wonder where they would be if Mr Madjeski and so on hadn't just handed them everything on a gift-wrapped plate with a platinum bow.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: