Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ratings v Wrexham  (Read 2171 times)
DMR

« on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 18:30:53 »

Book- glad to see him play, but had a bad bad first half. Improved in the second. Uses his full backs well, take not Rhys- 5

Jenkins- average first half, class in the second. Brave, committed and hard working. Loved his reaction to earning the penalty- 7

O'Hanlon- sorry all you O'H lovers but he was a bit toss. Didn't organise, AWOL on both goals, played some awful passes putting Duke under pressure, not vocal enough as skipper, could have been sent off for shirt pull on Armstrong, but won all the aerial wars late on- 4

Heywood- the lesser of two shocking centre half evils, did well in the air but poor on the ground- 5

Dukey- not great but the CB's kept putting him under pressure. Fed Holmes well at times, tactically withdrawn- 6

Igoe- not sure where he was meant to be playing but pretty anonymous again, not alot to say really, he needs to stay wide- 5

Migs- one of the few who wanted it early on, lovely skills at times, soe great passes and some crap ones, much better than Hullit, we need this guy- 7

Smith- cracking free kick and some good corners but I thought he was terrible at everything for 70 minutes, in all honesty, rating boosted by goal- 5

Holmes- fucking love him. Great attitude, scared the life out of their full back, never gave up in tougher second half, what a deserved reception and thanks for the memories- 8

Roberts- not fit and not very good, didn't seem to try very hard, looks better when alongside SSP in a 4-4-2, wasted out wide- 6

Parkin- what a fucking hero, where would we be without him. Crap penalty as well, has to be said! Never stops working- 9 motm

Subs
Caton- very impressive pace, looked lively- 6

Ifil- excellent passing (!), good hard work in the area, calmly made tackles, must play at MKDs for me- 7

Howard- what a suprise! Looks leaner, worked hard, deserved a penalty, same as Ifil re: MKD- 8
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 18:58:41 »

Next weeks line-up?I'd go for;
                         Book
Jenkins  O'Hanlon  Ifil  Duke

Igoe   Smith   Migz    Howard

Parkin    Caton

MUST BE 4-4-2!
subs;
 Evans
 Heywood
 Robinson
 Roberts
 Fallon

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 19:15:30 »

Book - Couldnt catch for shit in the first half, was lucky to only concede two. No comminication. His quick throws to the full backs were good, other than that awful. Evans back in next match - 5

Jenkins - Linked up well with Roberts, did very well for the second goal - 6

O'Hanlon - Not as toss as you say Dave....Awol for both the goals...not his fault Duke was playing Sam onside!! - 5

Heywood - As usual, good in the air not much else - 5

Duke - Quite poor I thought, but put under alot of pressure by other players, Homles looked some what lost when Duke went off - 5

Roberts - Not very good, what the hell dave. I thought Roberts did bloody well for someone who hasnt played a full 90 minutes for three months. Did well down the right and worked hard enough for someone whos been out so long, put in some good crosses - 6

Miglioranzi - God touchs, bad touchs, good passes, bad passes. More good that bad though, glad hes back - 6

Smith - Worked hard as usual, didnt seem to have alot fall for him - 5

Holmes - Really drifted out the game after the first 20minutes....few glimpses here and there. Capable of much more than he showed today - 6

Igoe - Cant remember him doing anything - 5

Parkin - 2 EASY EASY EASY goals and a crap penatly (so long since we've had one hes probably forgotten how to take one) if he wasnt on for a hat trick would he have let Holmes take it?
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 19:29:35 »

We still gave Roberts the same rating though  Shocked

As for Holmes and Smith I think you've been very harsh and generous respectively.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 19:33:52 »

Parkin - 2 EASY EASY EASY goals and a crap penatly (so long since we've had one hes probably forgotten how to take one) if he wasnt on for a hat trick would he have let Holmes take it?[/quote]

Is this the start of the" Parkin backlash?"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 19:53:07 »

Even thou jenks won us the pen, I hate him more than duke.
And it annoys when duke and jenks keep passing it back to our centre backs (then it gets booted up field).
Sorry, All that matters is that we won!  Smiley

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 21:07:02 »

Quote from: "adje"
Parkin - 2 EASY EASY EASY goals and a crap penatly (so long since we've had one hes probably forgotten how to take one) if he wasnt on for a hat trick would he have let Holmes take it?

Is this the start of the" Parkin backlash?"

Parkin backlash??

all I said was it wasnt a good penalty, keeper nearly had it. Also all I did was question whether under other circumstances Holmes would have been allowed to take it, would have been the perfect so long farewall goodbye sorta thing
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 22:09:10 »

How can you have a backlash at somebody who just scored a hat-trick and made it to 20 goals for the third time in three years?!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 23:31:45 »

man of the match for me was probably parkin cause of the hat trick.

but i do think migs had a great game and so did holmes in the first half. second wasn't as good.

i get worried when book is near the ball, its not good, put rhys back in!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 00:17:26 »

If you like a lotta man sucking on you're biscuit join the Parkin

I fucking love him, what  a legend.  Hattrick, 22 goals, lovely haircut, sexy legs, give him the captain's armband, the manager's job and Willy Carson's position.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 09:08:38 »

Migs looked like he picked up an injury to me, possibly groin strain.  At time he was the only man on the pitch who was interested in bringing the ball down.  Absolute star.  I know SSP got his hat trick, for which I'm eternally grateful for, but I don't think he had that great a game.  Roberts, as others said wasted out wide.  Igoe was dreadful.  I think Evans will be back in for MK unless injured.  Book didn't impress.
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 09:16:17 »

I thought we were shocking for 65 minutes. I left the ground wondering How the fuck did we win that game? Several minutes later it occured to me that we won because Wrexham's defence is even worse than ours. Its easy to see why the've been involved in high scoring games now.

Igoe was terrible, playing in what is supposed to be his best position in the hole. I'd have pulled him off at half time Wink  Oops

SSP's hattrick is a candidate for worst ever hattrick (2 tap ins and a shit penalty) but I'm not complaining. I fucking love the bloke, We'd be in so much shit without him.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 09:28:38 »

Their number 6 (the big lanky black fella) was terrible, he couldn't even control the ball.  I had the same thought PM, we were bad but they were worse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: