Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coughlan  (Read 8509 times)
McLovin

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 14:07:29 »

I don't remember him ever being here, but he's been pretty handy over the last few years...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 16:20:25 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I don't remember him ever being here, but he's been pretty handy over the last few years...

If you'd blinked you would have missed him. He played three games towards the end of 96/97 on loan from Blackburn, at home to Norwich (0-3), Southend (0-0) and Ipswich (0-4). So not what you might call memorable games. If you have the Southend programme from the 5th April 1997 (who hasn't?) he is on the front cover.

The next I heard of him he was helping Livingstone into the SPL (I think he was captain). This kind of facinated me, with him having been such a total non event at Swindon and I followed his career from that point on.

Yes, I know. I am a sad, sorry fucker.

This is me earlier today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38452000/jpg/_38452525_loughran150.jpg
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 17:14:15 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"

If you'd blinked you would have missed him. He played three games towards the end of 96/97 on loan from Blackburn, at home to Norwich (0-3), Southend (0-0) and Ipswich (0-4). So not what you might call memorable games. If you have the Southend programme from the 5th April 1997 (who hasn't?) he is on the front cover.

The next I heard of him he was helping Livingstone into the SPL (I think he was captain). This kind of facinated me, with him having been such a total non event at Swindon and I followed his career from that point on.

Yes, I know. I am a sad, sorry fucker.

This is me earlier today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38452000/jpg/_38452525_loughran150.jpg

I have stood behind Statto at Musselburgh races!!

I was also at the Ipswich game (0-4) but don't remember anything about it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 18:47:32 »

I was at the Norwich game and remember they totally outplayed us; Keith O'Neill and Darren Eadie tore us to pieces.

I think Phil King may have made his 2nd "debut" for us that day too but I could be totally wrong on that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 18:46:19 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
I was at the Norwich game and remember they totally outplayed us; Keith O'Neill and Darren Eadie tore us to pieces.

I think Phil King may have made his 2nd "debut" for us that day too but I could be totally wrong on that.

You sure that wasn't the opener in 96/97, when Keith O'Neill and Darren Eadie ripped us apart?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 18:48:43 »

Ipswich 0-4??  I thought it was a heavier defeat than that!  Or was that a different season?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 19:05:29 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

You sure that wasn't the opener in 96/97, when Keith O'Neill and Darren Eadie ripped us apart?

They may have done that day too; but i definately remember being at the County Ground (Easter Saturday from memory) and those two were a class apart that day; we never had a chance.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 19:38:40 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

They may have done that day too; but i definately remember being at the County Ground (Easter Saturday from memory) and those two were a class apart that day; we never had a chance.

Think I must have missed the one at the CG, probably away if it was Easter.   Eadie particularly and O'Neill both looked exciting players, but their careers were cut short by injury.   Eadie of course was relatively.local
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 20:53:48 »

Eadies from Chippenham isn't he?

I remember that opening game at Norwich. We sang Steve McMahons barmy army for ages non stop.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:17:39 »

Quote from: "Tails"

Yep I believe he is.

***Irrelevant Rich Pullen memory warning***

The 1993/94 Season was infamous for two things

1) Swindon in the Premiership
2) The badass Prem sticker album by Merlin.

I was at Primary School in Westbury back then and I was desperatly trying to swap Darren Eadie for an Adi Whitbread with this kid all lunchtime... I eventually succeeded.

Later that day I'm in class and a teacher walks in with a friend from her school days... Darren-fucking-Eadie... No word of a lie... The kids strolls to Eadie and gets his sticker signed.

Lesson learned? Hate Adi Whitbread.

The End.

Cheesy
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:20:10 »

<Boring bastard alert>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Eadie

Is he the most famous person from Chippenham? Apart from me of course...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:22:07 »

Quote from: "coxernator"

Nope, Wikipedia lists Alfred the Great, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Robert Peel, Francis Kilvert and Wil Hodgson. So there.  Tongue

Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:24:41 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Quote from: "Tails"

Yep I believe he is.

***Irrelevant Rich Pullen memory warning***

The 1993/94 Season was infamous for two things

1) Swindon in the Premiership
2) The badass Prem sticker album by Merlin.

I was at Primary School in Westbury back then and I was desperatly trying to swap Darren Eadie for an Adi Whitbread with this kid all lunchtime... I eventually succeeded.

Later that day I'm in class and a teacher walks in with a friend from her school days... Darren-fucking-Eadie... No word of a lie... The kids strolls to Eadie and gets his sticker signed.

Lesson learned? Hate Adi Whitbread.

The End.

Cheesy

Heh! heh!

Top story :advercool:
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:25:40 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Quote from: "coxernator"

Nope, Wikipedia lists Alfred the Great, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Robert Peel, Francis Kilvert and Wil Hodgson. So there.  Tongue

Wink

Just looking at 'notable Swindonians' on Wikipedia, I never realised Gilbert O'Sullivan grew up in Swindon.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:28:19 »

Alfred the Great was born in Wantage, so doesn't count.

Brunel was born in Portsmouth, and his link to 'nam is GWR. Doesn't count.

Robert Peel was born in Bury, and was only MP for Chippenham. Doesn't count IMHO.

Kilvert on the other hand does count, as he was born and bred in 'nam. But I bet most people on here haven't heard of him. I'm still winning.

And if you've seen a picture of Wil Hodgson, trust me I'm still winning.

So there, I'm still the most famous person from 'nam.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: