Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Miglioranzi  (Read 7502 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 16:33:55 »

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=3816

"THE handful of hardy Town fans that braved the County Ground cold last night were warmed by the return of Stefani Miglioranzi ­ but the midfielder has warned supporters not to expect an immediate first team comeback.

After coming through 70 minutes of the Wiltshire Premier Shield tie with Supermarine unscathed, hopes were high that the 27-year-old might even make a cameo in tomorrow’s FA Cup trip to Notts County.

But after three months out, Miglioranzi feels his fully-fledged re- introduction may have to wait.

“I think Wednesday might be a little bit too soon but I have to wait and see what sort of reaction I get after today,” said Miglioranzi, who has been out of action since sustaining an abductor strain in the 1-0 win over Bradford on September 25.

“I have to be patient and make sure it’s 100 per cent right before I make a full return otherwise I could be sitting it out for another two or three months.

“I have to take it as I feel and at the moment I don’t think I’m ready.”

At least hes taken the first step towards coming back though could be a little while longer before hes ready for a full match

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 16:38:54 »

Stefani oooh eh oh,
Stefani oooh eh oh,
Without him we are shit,
Will he ever be fit?

repeat til brain rots
Turbo

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 17:00:26 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
Stefani oooh eh oh,
Stefani oooh eh oh,
Without him we are shit,
Will he ever be fit?

repeat til brain rots

Brilliant Cheesy
Says it all
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 17:38:31 »

As I have just said on the 'Spine' thread....

"If we can get Migz back soon and he actually stays fit for the rest of the season, he could turn us from being 10th best to 5th best team in the league. Let's hope he does ..."
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2004, 20:07:29 »

The man has composure. And boy do we lack that.
McLovin

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 14:12:34 »

Miglioranzi is essential to our season be a success or failure. We need his composure and passing range, not to mention his presence.

Getting rid of Hewlett, and kicking Howard up the arse would also be of benefit.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 14:26:46 »

Can't see Hewlett going anywhere. hasn't been too bad though recently.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 14:27:43 »

If we got rid of Hewlett and didn't replace him, we'd suffer. I think he offers a lot despite his limited talent.
McLovin

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 14:31:33 »

I know that is a theory shared by some, but i still can't make out what he does offer. His passing is very limited, he skips out of challenges that are even 60/40 in his favour, he loses out in the air constantly, he is forever giving away freekicks for pulling back opponents who have skinned him, and he just waltzes around huffing and puffing a lot. I really demand more from a central midfield holding enforcer style player. he neither holds, nor enforces.

And don't get me started on his shooting...  :x
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 14:44:35 »

Well, just look at the team when he doesn't play. He breaks up the play, keeps the passing simple, he does win the ball sometimes, he doesn't pull out that many tackles and he works bloody hard. Without that we'd be much worse off, that's what I'm saying. He'd be easy to replace though.
McLovin

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 14:49:04 »

Fairy muff, i just don't think anyone can convince me of his worth...

And that thoery about us winning when he was captain was laughable.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 14:50:57 »

Captaincy doesn't matter at all really, Mooney was our best leader on the pitch last season and he was never captain.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 16:46:04 »

Has anyone seen this on:

www.thefootballforum.net/forums

(Posted by a Donny fan)

"We were hampered by the injury to Ricky Ravenhill, which i must say was disgusting, one Swindon player, i think it was the number 4,  (SURELY NOT OUR MATTY???) was leaving the boot in constantly when challenging for the ball with our midfielders, at about the 5th attempt he managed to take Ricky out of the rest of the game with a crude tackle which went unpunished, Ricky is as hard as nails, he wont go down unless he is seriouly hurt, (SURELY NOT OUR MATTY???) and it was a worrying sight to see him struggle off the pitch. Especially when the referee didnt even blow for the foul, let alone book the offending player."

Innarestin' as always to see things from a different perspective.

Maybe there's a bit more to our Matty than meets the (Swindon Town fans) eye?Huh?? Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 10:56:21 »

Matty Hewlett did make that goal saving tackle in the first five minutes against Doncaster too.  Apart from that though what have the Romans ever done for us?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: