Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This is worrying...  (Read 5541 times)
red macca

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 14:57:04 »

So there are 3 possibilitys then

we go down the pan

we get taken over

or the new investor just happens to have £2.1 million that will pay power and the cva leaving us no better off
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 14:59:44 »

yes and what worries me most is the last option. yes we could go bust but i doubt that would happen with BP waiting in the wings to take over. or we just get stuck at square 1 again! not what i and probably many other people want
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 17:32:10 »

Im expecting a statement tomorrow.

Bob Holt: "There is no Bill Power"
kevin m

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 17:55:26 »

About time BP got mean with the board its the only way they might realise that the takeover is actually real.
No doubt there come out with a statement saying its all lies and  they have proof its shares not a loan. Aload of bollocks as normal.
Lets just hope power can now get control of the club and take us forward
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 08:40:44 »

There is a possible fourth option .... that the mysterious investor (Who I reckon is Chinese BTW  :-))( ), is actually in takeover talks. However, perhaps somebody can help me out here.
One thing that I am trying to get my head around is the fact that the board now appear to have gone back on them selves & are now saying again that Bills money was for a shareholding. (I'm sure they acknowledged in the winter that it was a loan).
Assuming for a nano second that they are right, given the value of the comapny it would need to be a significant shareholding, say 30% of shares.We already know that the Wills did hold about 65-70% of shares. So if they are right where does Bill's share holding come from? ... Logically the wills family. We have a situation that the board are courting an investor. If it were a "Takeover", then he would need to acquire a Majority of shares. So where will they come from ?
Conclusion: Either Bills money was & is a loan or this is NOT a takeover, but more money going into the same blackhole at SN1. Unless there is a serious flaw in my arguement, I can't see any other conclusion.
(I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong here)

From the Dark Side
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 11:27:21 »

about 4 hours till the Friday statement then, I am going for 4.42pm today!
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 11:29:08 »

Shall we have a sweepstake on the release time
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 11:31:33 »

it'll be after 5 as usual. I never get to see the friday updates until monday  Sad
glos_robin

« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 11:37:29 »

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 11:46:14 »

whenever the reporters have all gone home so they don't get asked any questions.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 11:54:31 »

17.38 i reckon
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 12:10:20 »

17:02 just to piss off the people who leave work at 5 and are waiting all day for a statement at their computers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 12:13:37 »

17:57, just in time for the news
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 12:14:43 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
The Board become a non entity with this next stage.  It's the Wills family who stand to lose the money.  The club going under means £6m of loan notes vanishing, even Diamandis would be hard pressed to advise that course of action.  He may be a big influence, but it's not his money at risk.

If it is true that Wills has mortgaged most of his estate to keep the club running, the club going under (and thus there being no prospect of having those mortgages paid off by someone like BP) could mean him having his estate repossessed?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 12:14:57 »

Statement at 4.37pm.

*Board note with interest Bill Power's comments

*Once again, wish not to put this in the public arena

*Legal advice to stay quiet

*Meanwhile, investment talks are positive and ongoing - when there is news they will keep their beloved fans up to date

*Paul Sturrock is fully behind the board

*The new shirt will even make fat ugly blokes pull
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: