Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Mystery Investor" - again  (Read 16870 times)
lebowski

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2007, 16:30:22 »

did he clarify whether this investor is one of the two investors that suddenly appeared at the start of the year (and have since disappeared), or is it a Brand New One?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2007, 17:00:11 »

They aren't going to let us know about those sort of details - we are mere turnstile fodder to them.

But to be fair though who in their right mind would trust this lot with £10 let alone £1 Million they would have to be mad or stupid - or both !!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2007, 23:19:37 »

is it the young geezer who started glasses direct based in Malmesbury?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 06:43:21 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"
is it the young geezer who started glasses direct based in Malmesbury?

Probably. Just that they haven't told him yet. I'm sure he'll be delighted though. We're as safe as an ISA with the Iranian National Bank.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 09:12:35 »

ffs this board do my nut.

they have a sound investor with BP and a way to move this club forward yet they are hell bent on staying and pissing us off even more.

When willy gained control of the club 5 years ago he did so by forcing the other guys out (forgot what it's called) can BP not do this with Willy and the cunt diamond Mike

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 10:16:11 »

No cos' willy had the backing of the majority shareholder... a certain SSW
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 10:23:25 »

Quote from: "triseros"
No cos' willy had the backing of the majority shareholder... a certain SSW

cheers Triseros.  Crying

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 11:21:30 »

I know this is Swindon Town and we whould never be surprised, but Starnes says on the BBC web site:

"I understand the investment would be substantial and make a big difference to Swindon Town's finances."

He 'understands' that the investment will be substantial, he's the Chief Executive FFS if he doesnt know who bloody does!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 11:36:06 »

Quote from: "horlock07"
he's the Chief Executive FFS if he doesnt know who bloody does!

Actually he's still ACTING Chief Exec, and we all know he has no power, as he takes orders from Diamond Mike.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 11:37:54 »

Starnes is kept out of the loop, only being told what they want to tell him.

Always has been, always will be !
red macca

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 11:59:53 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
They aren't going to let us know about those sort of details - we are mere turnstile fodder to them.

But to be fair though who in their right mind would trust this lot with £10 let alone £1 Million they would have to be mad or stupid - or both !!
Dont take this the wrong way but bill power did
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 12:02:14 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Power to people"

Dont take this the wrong way but bill power did

Fucking mint Macca!

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 12:03:19 »

Sturrock is back with talk of an investor. For this to be BS would really, really stupid ....

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/SturrockDetails/0,,10341~1033784,00.html

Good afternoon

I hope you are all well and enjoying a few Saturday's away from football after what was a successful season for us. I returned from my holiday late last night and as you can see, it's straight back to the thick of things!

The Kingswood Group have now been announced as the club's new main sponsors and I am delighted with the news. They are a local company and it kicks-off the year in the right way. I want us, as a football club, to be closer to the community of Swindon and we have started things how we mean to go on. Kingswood have helped us already with the redevelopment of the referee's room last season and they also donated a van to assist with kit transportation. I am looking forward to developing what is already an excellent relationship we have with The Kingswood Group.

Kingswood Construction Launch

I think most managers and most players are on holiday at this moment in time. I have made a lot of phone calls and spent a fair amount of time whilst on the cruise making calls. I have a lot of feelers out and I am waiting on word from several agents about their players availability. There is nothing concrete at the moment, but now I am back things will start to move although I do have a few people who are keen to join us. In a few weeks time the shoe will be on the other foot, with agents phoning me.

There has been a lot of speculation whilst I have been away, linking ourselves with several of my former players. In principle this is something that may interest me, because I would know the players well but that would be the case in any case of life. It gives me options that's for sure. There are many areas I'd like to strengthen and we shall see what develops over the coming weeks.

They said...
I have targets and I am sure things will start to move sooner rather than later...
Paul Sturrock

Investors are on the horizon and if that comes to fruition then the goalposts would move for me in terms of transfer targets. I am very hopeful that the investment will happen and it would help me in my search for 'prime beef' to add to the squad.

Andy Nicholas and Michael Pook were away on holiday when I left for my break, so I will be talking to them this week. There are still places to fill in the squad and I still have to have conversations with Blair, Claude and Patrick too. I am looking to streamline the squad for League One although there are key areas we need to fill.

I am now going to head back to Sheffield to take my family back home, although I have a meeting with an agent on my way back!
sonic youth

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 12:05:29 »

streamline the squad? how much thinner can it get?
red macca

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 12:06:24 »

I think he means basically saying goodbye to blair and nouboussie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: