Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Make Over?  (Read 15972 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 21:27:54 »

My masterplan would have worked out something like this...

http://www.jerrysadowitz.com/

Cracking website, looks like a monkey's drawn it yet so stylish.

Bit like a flake.

mattboyslim

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 07:24:18 »

Quote from: "Whits"
beautiful reg   Cheesy

my ideal for this website would be to have a bit more of a fanzine stylee about it...make it clear on the front page that we are run by some clowns

however i have no time to really help!!  :|

I agree - my idea of a TEF website would featue articles like Sheff Red did on Brunel FM, tongue firmly in cheek - just on the amusing side of libellous.  However I have no time and the web designing skills of a retard.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 09:37:24 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Quote from: "Whits"
beautiful reg   Cheesy

my ideal for this website would be to have a bit more of a fanzine stylee about it...make it clear on the front page that we are run by some clowns

however i have no time to really help!!  :|

I agree - my idea of a TEF website would featue articles like Sheff Red did on Brunel FM, tongue firmly in cheek - just on the amusing side of libellous.  However I have no time and the web designing skills of a retard.

We had this debate a couple of years ago when SY got his mate to design the layouts....in theory its a great idea to develop the site into something a bit more organised, but  very difficult to achieve, time constarints, hang overs etc.

The current format, although seemingly limited, however does allow for a great deal of creativity....ie Shefield's post....the TEF badge etc  

I think credit for this has to go to Whits and the Admin.....I'm sure many of us just assume that the site runs itself.

:arsekisser:
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 16:24:47 »

My mate never finished the layout so we couldn't implement any of the ideas I had, the idea was for a simple and straightforward frontpage where people could have opinion columns to use for whatever they wished, as well as news and so forth.

In all honesty, we've got the News Monkey and there's nothing to stop people using the forums as a creative outlet - which people already do, as Reg points out - but I had ideas of turning this into a proper fanzine website. I didn't start on the content as we had no design.

After reading some old editions of Bring the Noise, I was re-inspired to try again but the idea never got further than Mike Bowden territory...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 17:04:58 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
My mate never finished the layout so we couldn't implement any of the ideas I had, the idea was for a simple and straightforward frontpage where people could have opinion columns to use for whatever they wished, as well as news and so forth.

In all honesty, we've got the News Monkey and there's nothing to stop people using the forums as a creative outlet - which people already do, as Reg points out - but I had ideas of turning this into a proper fanzine website. I didn't start on the content as we had no design.

After reading some old editions of Bring the Noise, I was re-inspired to try again but the idea never got further than Mike Bowden territory...

I reckon the fanzine spirit is alive and kicking on this site....but it has many advantages over the old format.....I was a bit involved in the fanzine revival of the early- mid 80's,  particularly Off The Ball,  dining with the editors on the formerly legendary Beehive breakfast...before an STFC ...West Brom fixture.

It mainly consisted of interested parties  writing articles about their clubs, in terms of facilities, dodgy Boards,  membership schemes, over zealous OB  the usual sort of stuff with typical terrace humour.

Now the early 70's mag FOUL was something else.
Dazzza

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 17:13:48 »

That's just the thing.  There are half a dozen news sites then a dozen more that simply reproduce content from those.  Something a bit different with an original take is what’s desperately needed.

A decent forum/fanzine style would fit the bill.  I had always envisaged the site content would either come from or be stimulated by the content on the forum, in effect the new breed of fanzine.

It’s just getting a viable template together so content can be uploaded across mods.

Style wise I think the Sadowitz style of site is spot on.  The graphics and pages are easy to mock up, it has the feeling of a hand produced fanzine and looks bloody brilliant.

http://www.jerrysadowitz.com/

Sussex

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 17:16:18 »

In all honesty I think it wouldn't be worth the time it would take to create, and would become a bit redundant when the novelty wore off. The forums are always going to be the most used, realtime bit of the TEF.

Would it not be easier to just add another forum for people to post stories/fanzine etc.. type of articles in?

Or rename the cricket forum and use that instead  Hide
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 17:39:11 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
In all honesty I think it wouldn't be worth the time it would take to create, and would become a bit redundant when the novelty wore off. The forums are always going to be the most used, realtime bit of the TEF.

Would it not be easier to just add another forum for people to post stories/fanzine etc.. type of articles in?

Or rename the cricket forum and use that instead  Hide
:twak:

I did think along the same lines that if someone wanted to do a formal article  then there's nothing to stop them doing it somewhere on here
Dazzza

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 17:48:28 »

What cricket forum?

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 17:50:13 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
What cricket forum?

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

THAT ONE :?

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 18:03:01 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Quote from: "Dazzza"
What cricket forum?

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

THAT ONE :?

I'll hang my head in shame Yeovil and admit that was a poor attempt at humour.

I preferred that forum when it was Birdy's Dogging Club

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2007, 18:06:47 »

Oh soz Oops

whoosh...

/
W56196272
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 11:40:04 »

Quote from: "STFC_Manc"
sure i can lend a hand.  Just finished my first php website Smiley

Yeah and i've seen it,its rubbish Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 11:50:05 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Quote from: "STFC_Manc"
sure i can lend a hand.  Just finished my first php website Smiley

Yeah and i've seen it,its rubbish Wink

I didn't say it was good!  
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 11:53:31 »

Soapy Tit Wank
Nah it was great,thought the car was a bit on the expensive side though.

You seen the Cricket forum?I've posted some pics of our day out  Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: