Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brunel FM  (Read 30406 times)
mattboyslim

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:24:33 »

I personally think part of the problem is how the club seem to have gone about it - if true not even allowing the Beeb to tender is madness.  People have also heard the product - and whilst not may listen to BBC swindon outside a satuday afternoon they know what to expect form the football service.  Brunel are a new station - albeit part of a larger group of stations yet from what people hear of the station it appears amateurish - despite some experience at the head of the station in terms of program control.

The bigest reason people are annoyed is the mass ignorance of the club in the area it's new media partner covers.  I'd still be massively angry about it if they announced Adrian Chiles to be the presenter, with Alan Green Commentating and Alan Hansen doing the analysis, if you couldn't hear it in Highworth, Chippenham, Devizes or Salisbury then it's no use to a huge chunk fo Swindon fans.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:27:27 »

I've heard that "what's in the box" competition has ended, if it was that female's box, was the answer Bushey's todger?? Wink

Seriously to be fair to the bloke, Bushey knows this bird and has defended her as I would defend a mate.  I can see where you're coming from Bushey, about the moaning I mean, I suppose that was the reason I couldn't be arsed with this "no to the gas" stuff, my heart wasn't really in that, but this has got me back up a little.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:31:24 »

I do agree with the bit about the advertising though. Seems a little daft to me to be complaining about this already.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:33:27 »

We need to know if it is going to be full uniterumpted commentary and what they are going to do around it - and how they intend catering for the out of towners
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:37:35 »

Smashey and Nicey all the way.

'Swindon's better music mix with no talking, just football''
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 15:40:46 »

I don't blame Brunel FM for trying to improve their output, all the questions should point in one direction only really as it's not up to Brunel to satisfy people who are not likely to be it's listeners.

That said, I'm no fan of the station, reminds me a tiny GWR FM and I spent over 2 years having it pumped into my ears Monday to Friday when I worked for them.
sonic youth

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:14:50 »

Ash, I want to be able to listen to the match without paying an extortionate fee and have to sit at my PC to do so. I believe that depriving fans that live outside of the local vicinity is absolutely out of order.

I don't blame Brunel, I don't think anyone does. The disappointment is aimed at the board who have just managed to piss off a significant number of their fans by trying to make a quick buck.

Is that wrong?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:19:13 »

Spot on Sonic.

I want to listen to post match interviews and reaction in my car on the way home.

I lose the BBC Radio Swindon signal when i get to Burford not Stratton which it will be with Brunel.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:37:20 »

Right, maybe the bit about the orange thing was a bit hasty.  Will try and put my views across though:-

The bit I said about Orange, what im trying to say is I think its got to the stage anything the board try and do is jumped on with a tonne of bricks instantly without looking at whether what they did is a good thing.  The whole thing is starting to make it look like a school groups bullying tactic (slate me but thats my opinion) Yeah I was at the back so were about 60 but not after a microphone was pulled out making jokes not actually protesting.  That bit royally fucked me off and I made the decision to not get involved anymore.  Not slating anyone in particular but if you want to succeed you need to become more professional.

Onto Brunel FM, firstly my todger hasnt been there in a bloody long time, and wont ever be returning.  The Club have announced this and maybe havn't given the company time to provide a total programme break down, look into conflicts of interests (such as STFC World) etc.  You all expect answers instantly however the company may have other things to do at this time (like set up a presenter maybe work out how the tecnical side will be worked, maybe even manage the current business)  We do not know how much money they have paid so why slate the club, maybe it made STFC £50k where as BBC maybe paid 5k.  Is that bad business I dont think so.

I do feel bad for the out of town fans however I feel you should hold comments until August when we see what solutions they may come up with.  They are a year old and maybe expanding who knows

I also feel bad about Ed Hadwin however whats to say change isnt a good thing? No offence to anyone at BBC however lets look at it another way.  Some people here say power to be in control of STFC would be good, me included, some old school boys who support the current board say why do we need change.  The same may be said in this argument, double standards maybe??

I am no way connected to Brunel FM however have started to look at STFC outside the box.

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:38:20 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Spot on Sonic.

I want to listen to post match interviews and reaction in my car on the way home.

I lose the BBC Radio Swindon signal when i get to Burford not Stratton which it will be with Brunel.

Currently with Brunel, how about you wait till August?

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:40:46 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Haha I'm not biting at that one.

and I saw more of the Rovers game than you did anyway Bushey  Wink

I went to the pub in Bath for a pint and got made to walk all day by the police.  Twat

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:47:30 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
Haha I'm not biting at that one.

and I saw more of the Rovers game than you did anyway Bushey  Wink

I went to the pub in Bath for a pint and got made to walk all day by the police.  Twat

I don't see he my non-attendance of a few games has anything to do with Brunel obtaining the media rights.

It's got about as much to do with it as your trek round Bristol with the police, which is why I brought up the subject.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:47:54 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Spot on Sonic.

Currently with Brunel, how about you wait till August?

What you saying?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:52:13 »

Si - its the way you all bring up anti board stuff on everything

Ralph - Perhaps they will expand, maybe grow maybe buy other stations.

Cant everyone wait till Brunel actually respond

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 16:53:57 »

my todger hasnt been there in a bloody long time, and wont ever be returning.  The Club have announced this

Not sure what its got to do with them....but I never believe a word they say anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: