Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Puffett "Sleeping Giant" story on this is  (Read 5558 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 17:47:59 »

Thanks to the uniques way in which the BBC is funded I doubt they'd be able to see off a challenge from a commercial enterprise when it comes down to ££££
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 17:48:43 »

I'm more inclined to think that Radio Swindon may have known it was coming and hence why they've been allowed to be let off the leash a bit more.

And the Adver has improved since Ritson left, not that it was difficult.
glos_robin

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 17:58:27 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
Pretty much how I remember the whole thing delta, I've always seen Cliff as the dude who keeps getting screwed over but keeps going back for more.

I agree Ben. The worrying thing is though that Diamandis has treated him like shit yet Puffett still pedles his bullshit in public. I wonder what Diamandis has on him because Puffetts latest words defy belief for someone who is a self-styled 'mister Swindon'. As for all the shit about 'word on the street', what a cunt.

I think the Advertiser editor needs to take some serious fucking action with the junior reporter who's taken over from Ritson before more unbalanced shit like that gets printed. There are plenty on the net who know what a cunt Puffett is, but there will be plenty more in Adverland who'll read that and believe it.

Cant believe the BBC have been lobbed by the club by the way. Is it personal because they broke stories about Diamandis this season just gone? Anyone from the consortium or trust know anything about why this action has taken place?

Pretty much agree with all of that ........loving the puffett picture too  
deltaincline

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 18:52:13 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I'm more inclined to think that Radio Swindon may have known it was coming and hence why they've been allowed to be let off the leash a bit more.

And the Adver has improved since Ritson left, not that it was difficult.

Hadn't thought of the beeb maybe knowing in advance that they were going to lose the broadcasting rights. Good point.

I beg to differ about the Advertiser improving since Ritson fucked off. Annoying as Ritson could be with his constant (bracketing) habit, treating us like reatrds (just in case we'd somehow lost the thread of the sentence) I think the controversial ouput was at least balanced. The newbie bloke may be balanced over the course of a few days (by printing the views of others involved in the debate) but I think he'd do better cobbling up (all the comments) on any particular issue and sticking in one article when possible.

As for his ability to cover football matches, we'll wait and see what his work is like next season (2007/08). I'm going to give him a chance to show what he can do before piling in though Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 19:48:06 »

Ritson, well balanced? Fuck me, maybe I read a different paper to you!
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 19:50:06 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Agreed.

We averaged about 15k in the premiership. We have won 1 major trophy in our history (and even that was the least important major domestic trophy)

We are not a sleeping giant of a club. We are a club that should be fairly happy if we reached the championship, based on size and fanbase.

Dont want to be on too much of a downer, but it pisses me off when people start thinking their clubs are bigger than they are and dont want that to happen to us.

I'd agree with dismissing his Sleeping Giant waffle but think Reading. With the right man/men/board at the helm they have shown what is most certainly possible. Plus, Swindon - as a place - has more going for it commercially than Reading - FACT

"Great save, Digby."
deltaincline

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 20:27:48 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Ritson, well balanced? Fuck me, maybe I read a different paper to you!

OK, that was a bit off the mark. Sorry. Ritson was a cunt Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: