Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Puffett "Sleeping Giant" story on this is  (Read 5603 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:27:53 »

What a crock of shit.

Firstly because of the stupid use of that phrase which is covered on the this is forum.

Secondly why has this article been published? Like someone else has stated on thisis why didn't Puffett come out last November and say what great news the prospect of Bill Power's new investment into the club is.

What the fuck is going on at the Adver?  That "story" is not newsworthy.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:35:40 »

Puffet is a grade A cunt and should but his nose out.Hasnt he got his own little empire at Supermarine to play God at? I used to think he was alright but he was a failure at STFC so what the fuck gives him the right to comment on anything.Just another patsy with his own agenda.

que Asher saying what a great bloke he is and that hes just a fan,etc,etc

/
W56196272
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:38:14 »

Agreed.

We averaged about 15k in the premiership. We have won 1 major trophy in our history (and even that was the least important major domestic trophy)

We are not a sleeping giant of a club. We are a club that should be fairly happy if we reached the championship, based on size and fanbase.

Dont want to be on too much of a downer, but it pisses me off when people start thinking their clubs are bigger than they are and dont want that to happen to us.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:38:59 »

Do you think he went down the Street in Police Squad to get his info, you know, the shoe shiner?  Haven't seen him down my street asking for opinions.

Sleeping giant

It's attitudes like that one that cause the problems, too many people thinking they can make money out of our great potential.  What would be nice is for someone to run the club on the basis of trying to make it work with we have at the moment, crowds of 7000ish when doing ok, anything we achieve beyond that is a bonus right now.
land_of_bo

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:41:49 »

Dozing Dwarf more like!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:41:56 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Agreed.

We averaged about 15k in the premiership. We have won 1 major trophy in our history (and even that was the least important major domestic trophy)

We are not a sleeping giant of a club. We are a club that should be fairly happy if we reached the championship, based on size and fanbase.

Dont want to be on too much of a downer, but it pisses me off when people start thinking their clubs are bigger than they are and dont want that to happen to us.

Less than 15000 wasn't it, with many games well below a sell out, most notably Oldham right at the start of the season with around 11000 in attendance.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:43:41 »

You're probablly right Rob (you usually are, you cunt Wink ) I was just going off the top of my head there.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:44:48 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Dozing Dwarf more like!

talking of dwarfs.mr puffett is a small little man.always imagined him to be taller
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:45:47 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Puffet is a grade A cunt and should but his nose out.Hasnt he got his own little empire at Supermarine to play God at? I used to think he was alright but he was a failure at STFC so what the fuck gives him the right to comment on anything.Just another patsy with his own agenda.

que Asher saying what a great bloke he is and that hes just a fan,etc,etc

Nah hes not my client anymore  Cheesy

Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:48:21 »

If I remember rightly Monsieur puffett was one of the gang of 4 consortium who ousted the brady bunch was he not.
So as far as i am concerned he also has made many promises which were not kept.
Therefore he has no credibility

From the Dark Side
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:53:13 »

Piemonte, I was wrong, so I am a cunt Cool

15274 is the answer I get

11940 against Oldham for our first ever home game in the top flight!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:56:08 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Piemonte, I was wrong, so I am a cunt Cool

15274 is the answer I get

11940 against Oldham for our first ever home game in the top flight!

oldham brought very few down that game,was a midweek one if i remember rightly.bastards got a late winner after a drab game
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:57:44 »

stll, less than 12000 for our first ever top flight game does go some way to show we are hardly a sleeping giant.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:57:58 »

Has he been in a coma? we have had an exciting takeover in the offing since September with the dream of kicking out the current clowns and running on an even keel.  What ever next for Puffet we may walk on the moon?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:59:17 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
stll, less than 12000 for our first ever top flight game does go some way to show we are hardly a sleeping giant.

i agree,no way a giant.could potentially do a reading,wigan, bolton though.and i think our away following would put theirs to shame
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: