Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite three episodes  (Read 2371 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 11:32:40 »

just out of interest reg, what do you think you'll make of all this hi-tech computer animated wizardry? they've kinda destroyed the good doctors accent imo.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 11:42:50 »

I'm not exactly a Whovian......I didn't watch too much after the late 70's' because it went into a bit of a decline......I suppose the effects of Star Wars destroyed it for a generation of kids.......and the story lines started to get silly.

I don't suppose I'll watch the new one, but hope its successful, I think its only chance is to have state of the art effects....if it wants an audience beyond its cult following.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 12:16:34 »

THE DAY TODAY: Episode with Alan Partridge's Commentary

- TWAT, that is liquid football
- SHIT, that player has a foot like a traction engine

THE OFFICE: Epsiode One of Series Two

- I'm not gay, infact I can honestly say that I've never come over a little queer

THE SIMPSONS: 'You Only Move Twice' James Bond Spoof

- "Shcorpio you're totally mad"

Also considered....
Abba Medly in KMKYW Alan Partridge
"Give me a second series you shit" -- I'm Alan Partridge
"Chicken... gave me a bad coupon" ---- Family Guy
The episode of Neighbours last week when everything went up in flames! --- Dr. Karl Kennedy's band is playing the Plymouth Student Union... A night of heckling is in order!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 12:16:38 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Just to be vaguely topical I'll offer 3 classic Dr Who stories, rather than just episodes.......for those that don't know a new series starts next week after a long gap and stars our own Billie Piper as the female companion.

In the mid 70's, Dr Who was compulsory viewing, for those indulged in the odd :doobie .......and for a period produced some great stories.

1.  The Daemons......set out at Aldbourne, a barrow is opened on the Downs and out springs the aforementioned creature who sets up a force field around the village......The  Master, is interested in harnessing the power of the daemons and has installed himself as vicar of Aldbourne.   John Pertwee was Doctor and lots of action for Lehtbridge Stewart  and UNIT......I still get a frisson of excitement when I visit the Blue Boar in Aldbourne or walk around there.

http://www.marian-silvio-beer.de/comics/davros.jpg

Aldbourne's my home village and I was a young kid when they made that series.  You can imagine the excitement it caused.  John Pertwee (who will always be the real Dr Who for me) came into our school, I sat in his little yellow car (there is still a photograph of this in existance somewhere).  I spoke to his assistant (Jo Grant was it?), a helicopter landed on the green, there were people walking around dressed as blue devils, soldiers and God knows what else.  It was almost too much for a young boy to take.

I must get those episodes on DVD.

Here we go then Reg, what was the Blue Boar reanamed for the series and what name was Aldbourne given?  By the way, I too, still get a frisson of excitement when I enter the Blue Boar, because it means that within minutes I will be consuming Waddy's 6X!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 12:27:24 »

Back to the point:

1) One of the Simpsons Tree House of Horror episodes where the aliens Kang and Kodos take over the bodies of Clinton and Dole so they can take over the world.  Funny as f*** even by Simpson standards.

2) Fawlty Towers - The Mrs Richards episode -

Mrs. Richards: " When I pay for a view I expect to see something more interesting than that."

Basil: " That is Torquay, madam."

Mrs. R: " Well, it's not good enough."

Basil: " Well...may I ask what you were hoping to see from a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeeste sweeping majestically accross the plain?Huh?"

3) The Young Ones - Where they go on University College as Scumbag College against Footlights Oxbridge. Vivien gets decapitated at some point.  I haven't seen it for years so can't remember it that well.  Funny though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 12:59:13 »

OST.....excellent stuff, have to say I needed to google to get the answer to the questions....Aldbourne.....Devil's End. the Blue Boar.......the Cloven Hoof.

The piccy of OST in Dr Who's car would be worth sharing on here.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 19, 2005, 19:09:28 »

Rockford files-the one where Jim catches the villain in a dustbin
Likely Lads-the one where the lads try to avoid the England result
Black Books-the one where Manny plays the piano from inside with spoons

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 09:45:15 »

That episode of the Likely Lads was class!!  Quality british comedy that!!!
McLovin

« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 09:54:55 »

The Office (Episode 4, Series 1) - Free Love Freeway
Brass Eye Paedophillia Special
Men Behaving Badly - The Rave one.
Piemonte

« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 10:09:53 »

Good shout on the brass eye paedo special Dave B.

I'd also agree with the nomination for the simpsons episode when homer puts on all the weight to work from home.

my 3rd nomintation is an episode of South park where the "queer eye for the straight guy" blokes turn out to be crab people who are taking over the world by making all men camp
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 11:09:53 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Back to the point:

1) One of the Simpsons Tree House of Horror episodes where the aliens Kang and Kodos take over the bodies of Clinton and Dole so they can take over the world.  Funny as f*** even by Simpson standards.

2) Fawlty Towers - The Mrs Richards episode -

Mrs. Richards: " When I pay for a view I expect to see something more interesting than that."

Basil: " That is Torquay, madam."

Mrs. R: " Well, it's not good enough."

Basil: " Well...may I ask what you were hoping to see from a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeeste sweeping majestically accross the plain?Huh?"

3) The Young Ones - Where they go on University College as Scumbag College against Footlights Oxbridge. Vivien gets decapitated at some point.  I haven't seen it for years so can't remember it that well.  Funny though.

Good choices.

Vyv gets decapitated on the train in the Young Ones ("Don't lean out of the window - I wonder why ....")

The line of that episode has to be "Is it true Bambi, did you do a Disney nasty?"

Point of interest, the Young Ones house is less than half a mile from my house in Bristol ...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: