Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC AGM  (Read 9328 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 23:44:15 »

i can pick you up pm your adress and i will pick you up at 7
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 23:49:31 »

Cheers mex, I pmed you.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 10:25:31 »

I've got a sinus and possibly an ear infection according to the doctor so I will give it a miss.
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:01:03 »

Good meeting (apart from the boring bits).

Highlights were...

Sonic having a shouting match after agreeing with a point I made (cheers babe).

PaulD being disgusted at the election results. I think the quote is "For fucks sake, I have to work with all you cunts for another fucking year".

Think there may be some friction within the trust board.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:03:45 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I think the quote is "For fucks sake, I have to work with all you cunts for another fucking year".

I didn't actually say that but top marks for interpreting the grimace  Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:04:41 »

Cheesy

Congrats to Mex are in order. err... Well done Mex.
sonic youth

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:08:08 »

you were right though. If the groundshare goes ahead, it would be truly idiotic to tar ALL Rovers fans with the same brush as those responsible for the incident at the Inn on the Green; not only does it infer that football fan=hooligan but it will inveitably lead to more aggro between the two sets of fans which will only build over time so instead of a minority of people intent on running riot, you've got a massive potential flash point.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:11:07 »

it's also likely that half the chavs responsible coulnd't afford the train fare up here on matchdays.

I hate it when i tell people i go to watch swindon and they go on about yobs and violence - i haven't seen any trouble at all this year (i missed both rovers games)
flammableBen

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:21:55 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

you were right though. If the groundshare goes ahead, it would be truly idiotic to tar ALL Rovers fans with the same brush as those responsible for the incident at the Inn on the Green; not only does it infer that football fan=hooligan but it will inveitably lead to more aggro between the two sets of fans which will only build over time so instead of a minority of people intent on running riot, you've got a massive potential flash point.

Ace, I've found your anger button. I'm can use it to unleash you on unsuspecting people.
sonic youth

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:24:36 »

anyone who disagrees with you will earn my wrath
flammableBen

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:29:23 »

And all shall feel our wrath.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:32:59 »

To be fair, I'm not surprised the gent in question felt so strongly on the issue - after all, he was the one who was enjoying a quiet pint when he was attacked by some scumbag with a 4x2.
returnofthereds

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:36:18 »

Any good news come out of the meeting ?
Couldn't make it tonight.Could someone do a quick recap please.
Ta very much Soapy Tit Wank
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:38:49 »

i can understand anyone feeling aggrieved in that situation but rationale would state that all clubs have a majority of fans who go to appreciate the football and a minor undercurrent (sometimes not so minor) who go to cause trouble. The minority varies from club to club but these things should be kept in perspective - something which is hard to do (i imagine) when you have been a victim of violence.

the worst thing that can happen is as sonic stated and all fans get tarred with the same brush. I am a pacifist and a football fan and i'm sure there are like minded people at rovers.
flammableBen

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 00:42:11 »

Grrr.. you have to wait until sonic goes to bed. He was more wound up than me.

The fact he was one of the victims doesn't make him right. The point I made...

(That if all protests against the ground share fail and it gets to the point that it's inevitable so that no protests will make any difference, then the trust should get in contact with there Rovers counterparts and make the situation more positive)

.... was right. There's no point creating more divisions when there's nothing anyone can do. It would be much better to try to unite the fans and isolate the few idiots which are going to start trouble no matter what.

It's still a hypothetical position anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: