Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Big american band in big music magazine wearing STFC stuff  (Read 4752 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 00:56:11 »

Quote from: "axs"
oooooh. i've got about 30 dylan albums on cd but none on vinyl. i'm afraid i'm a bit of a hifi geek.

What system have you got?

I built quite a nice mid-range system a few months before I went to uni. As I went to uni (and didn't take it with me) it never got much use. I'm absolutely loving it now.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 00:58:54 »

mines Krell KAV300l amp, Inca katana CD,Sony DAB tuner, Epos speakers, project xpression II and creek phono stage, got to a point where i'm happy, at least until upgrade-itis strikes again!

you?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 01:10:43 »

Nice.

I've got a Rotel ra-02 amp, sony twin deck recordable cd (can't remember the model number), acoustic energy aegis evo 3 speakers.

Also have a denon tuner and sony minidisc deck but rarely get used now. Would like to get a power amp so I can bi-amp the speakers and also a new cd player as the sony records really nice and plays ok, but is a bit limited
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 01:11:51 »

I have technics 1210's  Cool
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 01:16:00 »

rotels are good, used to have a rotel pre-amp. AE speakers also nice, tight bass and pretty good imaging when placed well. i just sold an arcam power amp (p75) which performed great, especially for midrange detail, you can get them on ebay for under £200. for bi-amping you'd need two though but a straight through setup of rotel (used as a pre) and then a power amp would sound good, although you can never improve sound quality by adding extra amps - only through better quality amps. I also used to have a Denon TU 200 or something until i switched to DAB. you can get a quality CD for little money depending what your budget is - if you do decide to upgrade it i'm happy to offer my experience if you want advice before buying.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 01:16:45 »

Quote from: "Give_us_an_S"

poncy DJ turntable!!!

good for DJ's, rubbish for home listening!!
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 01:19:38 »

Quote from: "Give_us_an_S"

poncy DJ turntable!!!

good for DJ's, rubbish for home listening!!

They are the best decks you can get in my opinion for DJing.

I find them good for home listening too.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 01:21:24 »

not doubting their DJ qualities, i hear they're the best on the market, just think belt driven tables give better sound reproduction in a home environment, which is my case cos i couldn't DJ for shit if i tried!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 07:34:50 »

rotels are good, used to have a rotel pre-amp. AE speakers also nice, tight bass and pretty good imaging when placed well. i just sold an arcam power amp (p75) which performed great, especially for midrange detail, you can get them on ebay for under £200. for bi-amping you'd need two though but a straight through setup of rotel (used as a pre) and then a power amp would sound good, although you can never improve sound quality by adding extra amps - only through better quality amps. I also used to have a Denon TU 200 or something until i switched to DAB. you can get a quality CD for little money depending what your budget is - if you do decide to upgrade it i'm happy to offer my experience if you want advice before buying.

Yeah not too fussed about the radio now, I can get DAB through my pc with the tv card I've got.

The Rotel has a pre-out circuit which you can use as well as the integrated circuit, so I was hoping to pair it with a power amp and use the Rotel as the treble and the power amp as the bass. Probably not worth considering until I move out of home though.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, May 5, 2007, 09:04:24 »

ska is shit

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, October 14, 2007, 15:53:13 »

cant believe I just found this thread! Big D and the kids table are Ace!!! Saw them supporting the Dropkick Murphys in Bologna last year. Im sending the lead singer a town shirt after they decalred how much they love the town at their last gig in Swindon!!! Beers

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, October 14, 2007, 17:24:40 »

Great band.
There last album Strictly Rude is brilliant.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: