Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nicho off to Chester  (Read 9532 times)
magnum150

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 21:54:06 »

Quote from: "DV85"
dont think nicho will be the only one to leave us in the summer
++

It will be Bye bye Parkin, Evans, Nicho and Howard this summer.

Is O'hanlon out of contract? We signed him Apr 04? If it was an 18 month contract we could lose him as well.
BigStan

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 22:23:04 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
agree with yeovil. after signing him, moulding him into a good player and hyping him up unbelievably king wouldnt do all this for no reason.

What you have to remember is that King is not a logical / rational thinker.

I only have to refer you to his post match ramblings to support that point.

This is the man that during Malcolm Crosby's time at the club used to take great perverse pleasure in humiliating him in front of the players by disagreeing with everything Crosby said. If Crosby said they needed to work on one thing in training King would deliberately work on something else. King would shout him down to such an extent that Crosby lost interest.

Now it's widely accepted within the game that Crosby is an excellent coach so why would King go out of his way to ignore / exclude /demean him ? It simply was NOT in the best interests of the club to do so. King couldn't help himself. He did it anyway.

The players knew Crosby was good. But that counted for nothing. King ignored the concensus and Crosby was gone.

If one of the players went up to King and asked why he was blanking Nicho I'm pretty confident that King's reply would run something like "What the fucks it got to do with you ? If you don't fucking like it you can fucking join him."

I make no apologies for the language because that's how Mr King speaks when he's away from a microphone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 22:30:40 »

All very true, but I don't think football management  is a logical rational trade, I'm sure being bonkers helps.
BigStan

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 22:43:07 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
All very true, but I don't think football management  is a logical rational trade, I'm sure being bonkers helps.

It's the old adage "You don't have to be mad to work here but it helps".

The problem, Reg, is that being bonkers is only helpful to the person who is bonkers.

Everybody else has to suffer the consequences of the lunacy.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 22:45:59 »

Well Im pretty sure if Parkin did it King would have to think a bit before pissing him off.Im not sure I like the man that your painting a picture of and I'm a staunch pro king man.

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 18:55:41 »

He's not on the squad list on the official site and he played for Chester at the weekend, did I miss something? I thought he was just there to train for a few days.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 19:02:33 »

Agreed a months loan now.

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 19:02:51 »

ah I must have missed that, cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print