Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trouble before the game  (Read 15908 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 08:26:58 »

Considering the headline, you'd hope Joe Public gets the jist of the story.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 08:34:10 »

Anyone got a link to the article on front page and the picture paul mentioned?

mattboyslim

« Reply #137 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 10:03:50 »

Crikey sound like we made a wise choice staying in the city centre then.  We had a few beers in the weatherspoons at Temple Quay, then taxied to the ground, most of the pub was gloucester rugby fans and the coppers just popped their heads in.  After the game having no idea where to head to get a train to Temple Meads, we walked all the way back - didn't see or hear of any real trouble, andthen realisd we walked all the way thru St Pauls - perhaps as 5 white guys it wasn't the wisest move.  

Its gutting to hear some of the stories of what happened, the police seem be concerned (and rightly so) about keeping the firms apart, but have an apparent lack of concern about the 99% majority who just want a beer and to watch the game, and need to be protected - why wasn't there 2 or 3 coppers at every pub on the gloucester road - surely such a visible deterant would help prevent trouble whilst giving 'joe public' a heightened sense of protection.

Pete I hope your son is recovered and you can enjoy a better feeling next weekend.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 10:26:42 »

There's a nice picture of Spuddy in the Adver  Cheesy
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 10:40:22 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Head steward told someone yesterday its not going to happen.

The police yesterday were saying yesterday they do not want to play at swindon

Policeman told us he thought it was going to be Cheltenham - hope he's right
Spud

« Reply #140 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 12:11:16 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"

hahahahaha ive just seen it.  Cheesy
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 12:33:54 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

I was worried that they might have one of me and Fred dancing around like complete and utter twats when we thought MK were losing.
Spud

« Reply #142 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 12:42:38 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

I was worried that they might have one of me and Fred dancing around like complete and utter twats when we thought MK were losing.

hahaha they would have had to take a pic of everybody then mate.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 12:53:23 »

Ha ha, damn you being so tall Spud, you blocked me from the picture!!

I know the kiddy on the front page too. His parents will be so proud.
sonic youth

« Reply #144 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 13:21:36 »

Quote from: "pauld"
It's not just in the main body - it's the lead story on the front page, together with half-page pic of fan being led off by robocobs and a two-page spread inside. Just hope "Joe Public" realises this was Rovers not us, and we don't all get tarred with the same brush.

We're all football fans, therefore we are all violent hooligans. This is fact.

Anyway I don't give a fuck if we get tarred with that brush if it prevents Rovers from playing here next season.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 14:02:02 »

It seems to me that Swindon fans are guilty of short memories and double standards.Whilst I in no way condone what happened as it was sickening cowardly attack lets not forget what happened at Gillingham.Now you can argue that it was lads on lads but there were without any shadow of a doubt innocent fans ands families caught up in that and alot of people from this forum reveled in it and not just the "lads" on here either.Now im not saying its payback but if you effectivly condone what happened there or make excuses for it then you should expect incidents like this at any football ground.

Or is it only terrible when its our own hurt and scared?

/
W56196272
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 14:12:32 »

to be honest yeovil, that post is spot on.  The thing is at gillingham it wasnt swindon going into a pub full of shirters and familys but still same sentiments.

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 14:35:02 »

I stand by my opinions. I think what those Rovers 'lads' did was wrong.

I didn't go to Gillingham and don't even know what happened there to be honest, so I can't comment on that.

So, from my point of view I just see it as an unprovoked attack on innocent people.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 15:03:11 »

We've got just as many arseholes as any other club - and they were out in force on saturday - it winds me up seeing such dense low-lifes getting a kick out of ruining other people's day and thinking they've won themselves a little battle -
sonic youth

« Reply #149 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 15:59:31 »

The Gills/Rovers comparisons only work to an extent, I totally agree with what you're saying YR but there is one huge difference; people involved at Gillingham wanted it, the families in the pub in Bristol didn't.

Frankly I don't give a toss if two groups of lads want to have a fight with each other like they did at Gillingham, they're not doing anyone other than themselves any harm. It's when innocent bystanders become involved - like at Gills apparently - and on Saturday, suppose you could apply it to some of what happened in the Arkells back in December but I wasn't sat there so I can't comment on what exactly happened but it looks as though seats were ripped up from both sides.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: