Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trouble before the game  (Read 16126 times)
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 19:54:18 »

Yep great news. I hope it doesnt put you or your son off future matches.
Sussex

« Reply #121 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 20:10:22 »

Best wishes to your son Pete.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 21:54:50 »

Hope your son makes a speedy and full recovery, Pete.

I remember the Rovers fan you mentioned in your earlier post.  It could have been anyone who called the mob round, to be honest.  You may be right - but sadly, I'm sure we'll never know.

I certainly will not be hurrying back to the Inn on the Green in future, which is a shame because they had a great selection of beers.
migzy

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 22:01:51 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
Hope your son makes a speedy and full recovery, Pete.

I remember the Rovers fan you mentioned in your earlier post.  It could have been anyone who called the mob round, to be honest.  You may be right - but sadly, I'm sure we'll never know.

I certainly will not be hurrying back to the Inn on the Green in future, which is a shame because they had a great selection of beers.

It was a great little pub - it wasn't their fault -  it was just full of Swindon, there wasn't a copper within 500 yards and it had a nice easy entrance into the beer garden. Add that to a lack of any Swindon 'lads'and the abundance of families it was too good an offer for Rovers to turn down.
flammableBen

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 22:22:13 »

if the Swindon 'lads' hadn't pussied off and hid somewhere the Rovers 'lad's would have probably been occupied in their little game of kiss-chase they play.

Good god. I can't help myself.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 22:26:18 »

bopard

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 22:36:07 »

Quote from: "pete1278"
My son is now home,he is 28 by the way not a little lad. It appears that an operation will not be required, which is good news. with regard to the spotter,  there were two lads in the garden just before the attack, one in Rovers colours and one in a black shirt but with an old Swindon scarf, on reflection that did seem rather odd, and i now think they called the bastards in. What made me even more incensed was that whilst Simon was being taken to the First Aid room behind the main stand in obvious distress the "normal" Rovers fans were shouting abuse at him which I think was totally out of order. I cannot comprehend how anyone can still consider a groundshare with these people. I know our Board are not the brightest but surely this is obvious, even to them!
Roll on next Saturday! Beers

Hope your son makes a full recovery, Pete.

Regarding your comment about comprehending considering a groundshare with Rovers, well you're talking about the board of Swindon Town FC here, who seemingly don't care what the ordinary fan wants, because all they care about is one thing...money, as proved by Mr Bowden's comments at the Speedway the other week.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 22:40:54 »

what were his comments?

flammableBen

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 22:53:31 »

he said that Bushey likes to swallow aids-seamen
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 22:54:00 »

it was a one off.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 23:06:24 »

Apparently he was looking forward to getting in £100k from Rovers...

Don't know if that included VAT though !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
deltaincline

« Reply #131 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 23:44:13 »

Sounds like it was a fucking war zone at times in bristol yesterday. I didn't hear of or see any trouble the whole afternoon. I only heard about it on the way home and here again in the evening. Guess i was just lucky to be in the right places. My sympathy to anyone caught up or injured. Good luck to Petes son with his arm injury by the way.

A&S plod seem to have fucked up by banking on the 'honour' tradition of firms only attacking each other. Benefit of hindsight and all that but the city of bristol is well known for its hefty contingent of retards. Why the fuck didn't A&S police the local fucking pubs properly? I saw countless Robocops in and near the ground but little or no plod in the streets comming away from the ground, which is where a lot of the shit went down!

If our board allow rovers to ground share with us I agree with the man who predicted earlier that deaths will probably follow. Sad, but true.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 07:16:10 »

In today's Adver:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/swindonnewsheadlines/display.var.1363159.0.thugs_baseball_attack_on_town_fans.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 07:54:55 »

Interestingly, this item has not been treated as a sport/football story either - it's in the main body of the paper, which is good news.  It's also encouraging to see the violence being linked with the ground share issue as well.

I haven't said this for a while...but well done the Swindon Adver.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 08:13:46 »

It's not just in the main body - it's the lead story on the front page, together with half-page pic of fan being led off by robocobs and a two-page spread inside. Just hope "Joe Public" realises this was Rovers not us, and we don't all get tarred with the same brush.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: