Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashley Westwood  (Read 3319 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 21:30:33 »

When you consider our excellent defensive record this season, and centre midfield is key to this as well as  the back four, and Pook has been nearly ever present, and Weston and Timlin went right off form, and Luggy is a good judge of a player, then Pooky must be doing something right. Especially with Roberts so inconsistent and temperamental, as was  Zoob at times. and with low-scoring strikers. Would we be almost there for promotion with no Pook? I think not. Peacock has done an evcellent job, but late in the season.

ust be the oldest
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 21:40:06 »

i think you've nailed it normy

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 22:06:02 »

P00k still dwindled on the ball a bit too much on Saturday but he didn't really do anything wrong. I'd keep him in the team as he seems to be quite settled as well.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 10:59:36 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "DV85"
more importantly are we going to sign Barry Corr

Yes Dan
I have a friend who lives near Sheffield and is an ardent Wednesday supporter.  He is more than a touch surprised at the impact Corr has had here but he says that he will NOT be offered a new contract at Hillsborough so will be free to sign!
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:02:46 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
Quote from: "DV85"
more importantly are we going to sign Barry Corr

Yes Dan
I have a friend who lives near Sheffield and is an ardent Wednesday supporter.  He is more than a touch surprised at the impact Corr has had here but he says that he will NOT be offered a new contract at Hillsborough so will be free to sign!
thats happy days. think he holds up the ball well and if he's free then lets get him in

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:31:37 »

Quote from: "Redgewell"
I thought he was a bit dodgy on saturday, and roberts seemed to be constantly having a go at him about something

Roberts has a go at everyone and anyone to try and cover up his own inadequacies.

What he said and the way he spoke to Blair last Saturday would have got him a good fucking smack where I come from

What did he say?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:36:13 »

Roberts punted a hit and hope ball down the R/H channel, Blair worked his socks off to get to the byline before it went out.

Amazingly he reached it and get his foot round it, only to see the cross go onto the top netting.

It was a virtually impossible task.

Roberts then stood with his hands in the air yelling at Blair for such a crap cross.

The W word was clearly audible.

I ran to the front and told him off !
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:38:04 »

Roberts punted a hit and hope ball down the R/H channel, Blair worked his socks off to get to the byline before it went out.

Amazingly he reached it and get his foot round it, only to see the cross go onto the top netting.

It was a virtually impossible task.

Roberts then stood with his hands in the air yelling at Blair for such a crap cross.

The W word was clearly audible.

I ran to the front and told him off !

Much similiar things I noticed from Roberts towards Westwood. I think his days are numbered from what i've heard, but then I don't listen to everything I hear

lebowski

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 11:57:43 »

keep westwood. 30 years old, looks solid, has experience and wins everything in the air. compliments ifil quite nicely.

not sure how williams will be after his injury - can he play each week next season? a good backup (ala westwood) would be very welcome.
mattboyslim

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 12:00:55 »

I think whilst William has been class, he might struggle next year - but has invaluable experience, and want to move into coaching.  He also lives localish - keep him even to move him into coaching too - I think he could be a very sucessful manager given time, and it seems shrewd to have him on board in some capacity.
Piemonte

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 12:02:04 »

I'd keep the big dog.  He's not outstanding, but looks decent
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 12:02:40 »

he's a typical sturrock type 'steady eddie'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 12:07:44 »

I'm Pook's biggest critic, but I think he's been fantastic recently. Westwood is a decent player, and I think Sturrock and Corr, for all the stick we got when we signed them, have been superb. I'd keep all of them for next season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 12:26:23 »

Quote from: Piemonte
I'd keep the big dog.  
Fatbury's missuis?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 13:07:53 »

I reckon Sturrock may have Graham Coughlan in mind still - direct competition for Adie 9who may start to have one eye on coaching from next year, especially if the injury doesn't clear up altogether) Not sure if he's injured at Wednesday, but he's not in the side at the moment. If we can bag someone like him, we'd have 3 good centre backs - Ifil, Westwood, Williams - a full back who can do a job there (Vincent) and perhaps Gnapke (if he's any good...)

As for Roberts - thats out of order - suppose it depends how they get on - I'd happily call one of my mates a w*nker for a shit cross, tongue in cheek, but if it's said seriously, nobody needs that. The sad thing is, nobody scares the shit of defenders like he does when he's running at them - if we get rid then we need to replace with somebody equally quick and skillful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: