Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Badge Confirmed Shocker  (Read 10907 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:14:03 »

I don't like it.

Not because of the train or owt, I just don't like it.

A bit like I don't like the Welsh.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:14:49 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Response from Lambert:

Hi Martin - I've seen the comments on the Forums.

You misunderstand me - the designer went for a 'two-colour' logo for ease of reproduction and clarity etc, NOT because it would be cheaper to print, hence the reason why the train is red - without meaning to offend GWR.

Thanks for your emails. I will follow up again and see what suggestions can be made.

Regards,

Ben Lambert

I seem to remember the old badge had a lot more than two colours and there didn't seem any problem with reproduction, or clarity. Even the badge we've got now consists of Red, White AND GREEN! and they've had no trouble putting that on just about anything!

It's a cost cutting excercise and anyone who thinks differently is deluding themselves.

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:17:35 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Response from Lambert:

Hi Martin - I've seen the comments on the Forums.

You misunderstand me - the designer went for a 'two-colour' logo for ease of reproduction and clarity etc, NOT because it would be cheaper to print, hence the reason why the train is red - without meaning to offend GWR.

Thanks for your emails. I will follow up again and see what suggestions can be made.

Regards,

Ben Lambert

I seem to remember the old badge had a lot more than two colours and there didn't seem any problem with reproduction, or clarity. Even the badge we've got now consists of Red, White AND GREEN! and they've had no trouble putting that on just about anything!

It's a cost cutting excercise and anyone who thinks differently is deluding themselves.

lebowski

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:27:23 »

can someone put a picture of the badge up here please because i cant remember what it looks like
sonic youth

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:29:42 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/e5/99/0,,10341~3185125,00.jpg

lazy fucker
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:34:11 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
my grandad was a town fan and train guard.and my great grandad drove trains most famously the king george v.
i think they would be embarrased by the new badge if not angered.

Both my grandfathers were railwayman, as was my father.......they wouldn't have given a shit.

Coming from the generation that fought the Great War,  campaigned for worker's rights...survived the economic depression of the 30's, then WWII and post war austerity....they tended to see the bigger picture.

PS that doesn';t mean the Board shouldn't have got it right....with their "option 3"

were they not proud of the job they did reg?
i know the two men i mentioned were very proud of it themselves as are their remaining familys

Proud Englishmen, proud Swindonians, proud railwaymen....STFC fans, but they wouldn't have worried about something piddly like a badge, after all we ddin't have one at all until 1974, by which time my 2 grandfathers were gone.
lebowski

« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:39:14 »

thank you.

i must say that i prefer it to the current one.

whilst we're at it, i think they should erect a huge sign on that stretch of grass in between the car park and the magic roundabout to tell the world what the next fixture is.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:43:53 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

thank you.

i must say that i prefer it to the current one.

whilst we're at it, i think they should erect a huge sign on that stretch of grass in between the car park and the magic roundabout to tell the world what the next fixture is.

Now thats a good idea! I can see lambert suggesting it as his own.  Go on Ben you know you like brownie points  Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:52:46 »

my grandad was a town fan and train guard.and my great grandad drove trains most famously the king george v.
i think they would be embarrased by the new badge if not angered.

Both my grandfathers were railwayman, as was my father.......they wouldn't have given a shit.

Coming from the generation that fought the Great War,  campaigned for worker's rights...survived the economic depression of the 30's, then WWII and post war austerity....they tended to see the bigger picture.

PS that doesn';t mean the Board shouldn't have got it right....with their "option 3"

were they not proud of the job they did reg?
i know the two men i mentioned were very proud of it themselves as are their remaining familys

Proud Englishmen, proud Swindonians, proud railwaymen....STFC fans, but they wouldn't have worried about something piddly like a badge, after all we ddin't have one at all until 1974, by which time my 2 grandfathers were gone.

and my great grandad was dead before 74 so i'm probably wrong about my assumption about the badge Oops
i still think its shit though
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:53:32 »

i still think that the new fancy kits we'll have an these old school badges will look dumb!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
lebowski

« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:56:25 »

what do the new kits look like?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:57:25 »

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

You been living on Mars for the last 3 months Lebowski ?

Wink
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:57:28 »

Are you on a wind up?

flammableBen

« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:58:15 »

Like crazy futuristic star trek uniforms.
glos_robin

« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 17:00:11 »

Think the ukraine world cup kit in red and white and u'll pretty much have it...........in fact u will have it exactly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: