Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England name Moores as new coach  (Read 7649 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 01:53:10 »

utter shite fatbury, he is an innovative coach and instantly will have the respect of the players because hes incredibly hands on.

and utter bollocks about experience, the aussies seem to be doing ok. he creates teams that get in the habit of winning.

biggest roar of the day at hove was when it was announced on the pa.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 09:06:48 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
utter shite fatbury, he is an innovative coach and instantly will have the respect of the players because hes incredibly hands on.

and utter bollocks about experience, the aussies seem to be doing ok. he creates teams that get in the habit of winning.

Another concern is that Moorees has been appointed on the strength of Sussex winning the championship.....however it should be noted that  the quality of this is skewed by central contracts....Sussex supplying no players to England on a regular basis.....if Moores is so good why not?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 10:11:58 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Another concern is that Moorees has been appointed on the strength of Sussex winning the championship.....however it should be noted that  the quality of this is skewed by central contracts....Sussex supplying no players to England on a regular basis.....if Moores is so good why not?

you cannot polish a turd reg. moores has made several potential county journeymen lay well above their original potential and become top county cricketers

you forget moores has also been appointed on the strength of his work with the ECB Academy and the England A side
lebowski

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 10:34:42 »

and because he's english  :england:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 12:14:33 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

you cannot polish a turd reg. moores has made several potential county journeymen lay well above their original potential and become top county cricketers

you forget moores has also been appointed on the strength of his work with the ECB Academy and the England A side

Whoop-de do....I look forward to an England side packed with county journeymen.

It apears to me that Moores appointment has everything to do with the ECB thinking "well we've got this structure in place, so what the hell is the point of it if fellas can't start in it and work their way up"

Anyway, best of luck to the fella.....lets hope Adil Rashid is as good as he looks.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 22:52:50 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

Whoop-de do....I look forward to an England side packed with county journeymen.

It apears to me that Moores appointment has everything to do with the ECB thinking "well we've got this structure in place, so what the hell is the point of it if fellas can't start in it and work their way up"

Anyway, best of luck to the fella.....lets hope Adil Rashid is as good as he looks.

i'm sorry reg but your knowledge of cricket is obviously not as extensive as your ability of recalling stfc statistics from 1958/69

why will the england team be full of county journeymen? it's just indicative of moores that he took players of that level and got them playing consistently above it. like he has done with players of a higher standard still in the england a side over the last couple of years
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 22:56:38 »

and theres sussex players in the england a side Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 10:10:56 »

Just my opinion ... I shall bring this post back up in 2 years time when we change coaches

Is 16 months enough Fatters? 

Boeta...you still think Moores is the man for the job?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 15:26:02 »

it's difficult to say

there's been a number of cock-ups recently... but your guess is as good as mine as to who is actually responsible

is it the national selector, the other selectors, the coach, or the captain?

certainly moores doesn't have the selection powers that fletcher did so i'm not sure he can be blameworthy for the ridiculous selections of pattinson, harmison (squad) and collingwood over the past two tests - that's probably geoff miller
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 15:58:15 »

Prersumably in such a Byzantine set up, the political skills of Machiavelli come in handy.

Maybe as I alluded to previously Moores is a bit more malleable than the cussed Fletcher, which is partly why he got the job.

What is undeniable is at teh moment Team England...looks to heading for the rocks, about to go down with all hands on deck.

I wonder if the whole IPL thing is causing dressing room unrest?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 16:01:51 »

you can't blame the ipl, england have been playing very average cricket since the 2005 ashes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 16:26:03 »

you can't blame the ipl, england have been playing very average cricket since the 2005 ashes

It's a fair point, but at least at home we've been reasonable....

I'd put our situation down to a lack of decent performers, due to the structure of our game...namely too many Kolpak players and journeymen, blocking up the route for younger players.

Classic example on Sat with Middlesex...play Aussie/Dutch former skier Nannes, who goes for plenty, rather than Stephen Finn, who looks useful, and may have gained considerably from being involved.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 16:43:03 »

The whole system is fucked up. Not just Moores. The selection is terrible. Who are the selectors these days? Vaughan has lost his spark as captain and is becoming totally useless with the bat. Moores is slowly becoming a wasted coach who seems to have done nothing. We are a terrible side these days sadly.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 16:48:14 »

ashley giles is a selecter oddly

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 17:27:51 »

ashley giles is a selecter oddly

As is James Whitaker, who played one test....also Hugh Morris is something or other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: