Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ticket prices frozen  (Read 3409 times)

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 11:57:27 »

fair play i say.now they will be at a realistic price for league 1(touch wood)
i would have scrapped the pay extra on the day prices though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:00:08 »

Considering that probably makes the club an extra £3000 or so per game (with an average attendace) I see no problem. Nobody forces you to pay on the day
mattboyslim

« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:03:19 »

Quote from: "arriba"
fair play i say.now they will be at a realistic price for league 1(touch wood)
i would have scrapped the pay extra on the day prices though.

I'm sure there is a compelling argument for it, but with a fanbase including so many outside the borough, and a population living in Swindon who are often informal in their attendance - ie late decisions depending on the weather etc, it doesn't take a business analyst to figure out that it's not necessarily the best idea.  They would be clever to perhaps look at offering ticket bundles - ie by 4 matches and save £2 -they get some guaranteed income - and it makes it easy for the out of towners to get a few tickets in a go - a bit like the half season ticket but not such good value.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:09:26 »

it discriminates against those that for whatever reason cant get tickets in advance.
but overall ticket prices are without doubt better value for money than they have been for years.its well overdue mind
rudeboydreas

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:12:13 »

it discriminates against those that for whatever reason cant get tickets in advance.

So this is a person without a phone (or access to a phone!!) and no internet. There is no such thing as people who cannot get tickets in advance surely?

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9228/diamandisal7.jpg[/img]
mattboyslim

« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:14:39 »

IIRC phone booking incur booking fees - correct me if I made that up.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:14:44 »

Quote from: "rudeboydreas"

So this is a person without a phone (or access to a phone!!) and no internet. There is no such thing as people who cannot get tickets in advance surely?

Well not everyone has credit cards with which to buy tickets over the phone/internet.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
rudeboydreas

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:17:10 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Quote from: "rudeboydreas"

Well not everyone has credit cards with which to buy tickets over the phone/internet.

Yeah I did think of that. Never done it, so don't know, but do they not take switch etc?

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9228/diamandisal7.jpg[/img]

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:17:10 »

plus you pay extra for that service too rudeboy
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:17:10 »

But most people CAN get tickets in advance if they are organised. Phone and reserve them.

I dont have a gret deal of sympathy for those who complian about it to be honest.

I'm fairly happy. £11.40 a game in the town end (ST renewal) is decent value, as is £14.?? for the main stands.  Getting the £10 voucher and 10% discount also means I can get the new shirt for under £20, which aint too bad either.
mattboyslim

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:30:55 »

But the point is it puts off the casual fans - the hardcore - ie those who post on here in the main will go whatever, the chelsea 'fan' who fancies watching the match but doesn't decide until late mightn't bother. For me come the autumn when I live in Birmingham I will either need to pay to book my tickets or get people to buy them for me or pay on the day, unless I buy them at the previous game which can be 3 weeks in advance.  Our fanbase demography is well known, yet constantly ignored.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:40:12 »

To be honest i think if the teams winning people will go. If they are losing less will go. Yes prices effect it, but attendances reflect results.
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:48:43 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
But the point is it puts off the casual fans - the hardcore - ie those who post on here in the main will go whatever, the chelsea 'fan' who fancies watching the match but doesn't decide until late mightn't bother. For me come the autumn when I live in Birmingham I will either need to pay to book my tickets or get people to buy them for me or pay on the day, unless I buy them at the previous game which can be 3 weeks in advance.  Our fanbase demography is well known, yet constantly ignored.

Its £2. I find it hard to believe that some Chelsea glory hunter is going to decide not to come and watch STFC over £2.  Its not even a pint!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:57:37 »

£2 is neither here nor there, £20 is though.  That's 2 unlimited monthly movie passes for the cinema for example.  This is where the issue is, and it's not just this club that is to blame.  Football in general is overpriced.

Just look at the way people have lapped up the £5 tickets this weekend, shows that pricing can influence decisions whether we like it or not.  I think the ticket pricing is generally unimaginative anyway, as a business they should be working out how much people spend on a matchday as opposed to how much a ticket should be to break even.  Figure out if schemes like this Saturday on the Bank actually fund themselves (wouldn't take a rocket scientist to realise they could stick a market stall style thing at the entrance to the Bank and flog some club shop stuff for example - people will be much more willing to spend money knowing they only spent £5 getting in).

For £40ish you can get into Port Aventura for 2 days I think.  Spend a load while you are in there though.  For the price of Reading ticket you can get into one of the parks at Disney World.  Bet I know which one think is better value for money, but that same place probably also rakes in to 10 times the spend in total per person.  Just needs a bit of thought rather than relying on good old fashioned fan loyalty which is fast drying up around the Country.
mattboyslim

« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 13:05:40 »

Very True - premiership football is overpriced TV money is so much that gate recepits are neglible to the biggest clubs.  At our level it is the bread and butter -hence clubs pushing fan loyalty to its extremes -therefore the massive overpricing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: