Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust Statement  (Read 9806 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:21:40 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
They emailed the NDA........how could it be signed then?

Exactly.

It begins to sound as if what they think is an NDA is something different
glos_robin

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:21:47 »

Like Yeovil said, is an email a legal document though? Surely a legal document needs to be a controlled document and sending it over email would make that difficult...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:25:14 »

At the risk of being accused of being pro board (Which I'm not) this was all done between 2 sets of solicitors.

Surely solicitors know:

A: What an NDA is.

B: What a confirmation of receipt is.

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:25:13 »

I got a phone call from Bob just telling me what's in the statement, though he rang me before the statement was put on the website - I'm praying that it's simply a breakdown in communication or someone's misunderstood something, there's no final draft of the NDA yet but an NDA has been drawn up?

I don't know. I'm clutching at straws because I cannot see why anyone would just outright lie.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:31:58 »

Like Yeovil said, is an email a legal document though? Surely a legal document needs to be a controlled document and sending it over email would make that difficult...

If, and its a big if, the supposed e-mail contained a NDA as a pdf file, it could have signatures on that that would be considered legally binding, AFAIK.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:46:45 »

I'm not doubting you Coxy, but that is staggering if true. How in the name of greek buggery do they tell it's authentic and from who they say it is from (generally, not particularly relating to STFC).
glos_robin

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:49:17 »

Quote from: "Batch"
I'm not doubting you Coxy, but that is staggering if true. How in the name of greek buggery do they tell it's authentic and from who they say it is from (generally, not particularly relating to STFC).

That what I though, I work in the Nuclear Industry and to ensure security only the master documents gets signed and counts as authentic.......signing copies isn't accepted.
sonic youth

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:54:23 »

But if it's a draft - which it is because there was a query over something according to Holt - then it does make sense to usse email to communicate any amendments. It hasn't been signed yet, which is the important thing.

Judging from what I've heard and my understanding of it, neither side are lying and have malcious intent aforethought - it seems an entirely innocent mistake.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:54:29 »

Quote from: "Batch"

That what I though, I work in the Nuclear Industry and to ensure security only the master documents gets signed and counts as authentic.......signing copies isn't accepted.

I would expect it to be on formal headed paper etc. More than likely though, its a quick one-liner a la the back of a fag packet. I could demonstrate, but that would break a NDA I'm currently operating under!

My organisation and the Company I deal with uses pdf files as a means of communicating legal documents all the time, and thats as secret squirrel as the nuclear industry.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:56:12 »

But you wouldn't sign a copy of an original.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:59:24 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
But if it's a draft - which it is because there was a query over something according to Holt - then it does make sense to usse email to communicate any amendments. It hasn't been signed yet, which is the important thing.

Judging from what I've heard and my understanding of it, neither side are lying and have malcious intent aforethought - it seems an entirely innocent mistake.

Agree with that but it does give the board sympathisers something to cling on to.

I'm disappointed to say the least.
sonic youth

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 17:59:34 »

s'what I mean Si, it's not been signed because it's not been amended yet
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 18:01:52 »

All said and done embarrasing statements aside this is good news really and its probably not worth deabating the leagal ins and outs of faxes because nobody knows anything anyway.

/
W56196272
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 18:02:55 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
All said and done embarrasing statements aside this is good news really and its probably not worth deabating the leagal ins and outs of faxes because nobody knows anything anyway.

Agreed.

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #89 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 18:05:24 »

Thirded!

when all this is over I'm going to take the entire STFC board out for a beer....

...Ash can pay.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: