Author Topic: Pook  (Read 7422 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 12:49:41 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "red macca"
Fuck sake give the lad some credit .we are all quick enough to say when he has been shit

I was quite interested by his interveiw after seems to know he has to improve but fair play he seems to be improving

but doesnt he sound about 12 and shit scared when being interviewed!!!!!!

By all accounts he played well, I cant judge because I wasnt there
He does sound about 12 and i suppose its that thats made me think he is still a young lad learning who has had about 5 managers and last year expected to carry a struggling team
And knowing that whatever performance he puts in there will always be people on forums saying he is rubbish!
sonic youth

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 13:22:07 »

I doubt Pook gives a flying fuck what fans think, let alone a bunch of nerds on the internet.
Spencer_White

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 13:34:24 »

Pook played 3 or 4 excellent cross field balls today. Ran box to box and finnished magnificently.

I was one of his biggest critics last year, and he was a big part of us being relegated. But fair is fair, the boy done good.
fatbury

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 21:37:32 »

Pook is so lame - even lamer than me, so my sources say.
Piemonte

« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 09:07:56 »

Just hope he keeps it up, hes put in a few quality performances before then quickly gone back to being crap / mediocore. Shakes is the same
fatbury

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 12:26:40 »

I see Sturrock is bigging up the R O C K (Pook!) after his recent performances in the paper today

Extract follows "MICHAEL Pook insists he is quite happy to go ‘unnoticed’ in Town’s promotion drive but Paul Sturrock feels it is time the fans cut the Swindonian ‘some slack’.

The youngster’s tireless work in the centre of the park has been highlighted by the Town boss as his team head for their game in hand at Rochdale tonight.

Sturrock, who will be able to call on Jerel Ifil before his ban kicks in at Hereford, said: “Michael has got a lot of things to learn in the game.

“I don’t think he’s a fans’ favourite but again he does all good things for a manager.

“He’s got a long throw that can influence the game. He’s always there or thereabouts and wins his tackles and headers.

“I would hope the fans would cut him a bit of slack now.”

Pook’s only concern is making sure that he carries out his instructions to the best of his ability.

He said: “I’m getting to know what I’m good at now and I just try and do what the manager and and the coaching staff tell me.

“If that means I go unnoticed I don’t mind going unnoticed. As long as they’re happy and telling me I’m doing the right things.”

The next challenge is to take advantage of a potentially crucial game in hand at Rochdale this evening.

The Haydon Wick youngster said: “It’s going to be a tough game. They won as well on Saturday so they’ll be confident.

“But three points would push us right up there and give us the best chance for automatic promotion.

“We want to get as far clear of fourth spot as possible.

“If we keep going it’s in our hands now. If we win all our games we’re going to go straight up. That’s a great position to be in.”

It is all a far cry from 12 months ago when Pook was part of a team sliding towards the drop.

He said: “Look at my first season, relegation. It’s gone from one end to the other.”

So what makes the difference in Pook’s eyes?

He said: “It’s all confidence in football.

“Last year if we scored a goal we’d sit back and do everything to keep it. This year we’ll score one and look to score two or three. That’s purely down to confidence.”

While Pook’s midfield industry is aiding the promotion push, the youngster is looking forward to his two attacking colleagues giving Rochdale some grief.

He said: “Barry Corr and Lukas Jutkiewicz give the centre halves of the other teams so much trouble because the pair of them win the vast majority of their headers.

Barry seems to pop up in the right place at the right time for us and he’s scored two goals in two games. You can’t ask for more than that.”
bigging Pook up"

... quite right too after he helped start the move for the winning goal Saturday

As we said in our section of the stadium on Saturday - that goal was all about Michael Pook! Beers
flammableBen

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 12:36:58 »

I think it's clear that maybe Sturrock is eyeing up to get Everton to take Pook off our hands as part of their payment for the Lucas deal.
fatbury

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 12:56:01 »

is that what your sauces are telling you? Soapy Tit Wank
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 13:33:55 »

I'm gonna back track on this one, and agree with Sturrock. We all know Pook's not going to control games, we all know he's not a match winner - but with Evans injured he's worked his bollocks off. He gets all over the pitch, puts tackles in and he can spray a pass - ok so he gives the ball away as well but with timlin and weston out of form, I say Pook has done ok. And for me to say that, having lambasted him last year, he must have improved a tad.

I thought he was ok against Shrewsbury. I also think that if Evans was fit he probably wouldn't get a game. But he has and we're still third, so credit where credit is due - he has done his job.

Re: Ifil - not most improved... He was a good player anyway and in this division, a player of his calibre should look head and shoulders above everyone else. Contender for player of year yes, not most improved.

I'd vote Jack Smith, but applaud Pook on his efforts.

Discuss.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 13:43:19 »

for me the most improved is defo Jack Smith, he was poor last season

I come from a land down-under
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 15:12:55 »

i don't really think that strongly about pook anymore, i just hate fatbury

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2007, 11:24:27 »

he was rubbish last night!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: