Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Milton Keynes Away  (Read 6377 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:15:09 »

Anyone going??  Even if we don't results against Lu'on and Wrexham I'll still be going.  What else is there to do on Good Friday.  Someone was saying there's a pub not far from the ground.  Anyone know any info about that?
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:17:34 »

I cant be arsed to go.

I've been a bit of a part timer by my standards this season. Missed 2 homes games and only been away once (City)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:22:11 »

Come on Pie man, Good Friday's are usually pants.  Chuck in an away game and a few pints, three points, and a nice short journey home and it'll be a cracking days entertainment for all.
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:26:24 »

I really am skint at the moment. As well as committing to a holiday in florida that will cost £2k all in, my car is going to cost me over £600 today.

Add that to my opinion that our season is over, it can mean only one thing - I wont be going to sunny MK.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:41:55 »

Right if you are after pubs near the Hockey Stadium you have a choice of going to the mega bowl, which is a couple of minutes walk, there is a bar in there, but seriously I wouldn't really consider that an option.

If you are after cheap drinks then there is a huge weatherspoons about five minutes walk from the ground, if you face the town centre from the stadium you will be looking at Staples, which is very close to where I work, the road to the right of staples is Silbury Boulevard, the next road along is Midsummer Blvd, this is where spoons is.

If you walk up this road for a couple of minutes you will come across spoons on your left, if you consider spoons to be a litte quiet you can carry on up the road for another couple of minutes, on the right you will find a Lloyds No. 1, an All Bar One, and a Slug and Lettuce.  These three are located in a building called the Winter Gardens if you need to ask for directions.

Any other pubs are basically up the other end of Town in the Snow Dome and Theater District, so are not really viable for you.

Anyone thinking of using the train is in luck as the ground is next door to the station, though I'm not sure of routes because I've never been to Swindon on the train.  I suspect you will have to go into London and up to MK from there.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:53:54 »

Driving down, but cheers for the info about the pubs.  Probably go for the 5 minute walk to the Wetherspoons.  Is that near an office complex?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:55:05 »

It's in Milton Keynes, so yes it's near an office complex, You'll find it no bother though JA.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 13:15:35 »

i'm thinking of going to this as from brum it will only take me just under an hour on the train.

You say central is right near the ground???

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 13:32:21 »

Yep, walk out the front, walk forward another 50 yards, look left, et voila.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 21:00:14 »

i'll be there! reeves4england is going to the bloody theatre!  :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 21:18:14 »

I'll be off to France so I cant go, closest swindon game to me ever, and i cant make it

BOOOO
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 12, 2005, 01:58:03 »

ui;lve got 4 people from other lubs coming, as soon as i said hockey stadium they was queueing up innitb  :twisted:

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 12, 2005, 10:05:02 »

Thanks for that Whits.

I'm going with Reeves for King and Super Taff. Probably will be my last away game this season unless we makes the PO's. Quite fancy Hull though.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:29:48 »

Student Ticket for sale, 20 quid.  Any takers?  Do I have to go?  I'd rather scratch my father's bollocks.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 13, 2005, 00:37:10 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Quite fancy Hull though.

nothing like a 400 mile round trip with a 4-0 drubbing the in the middle, i really wanna go to that to for some weird reason..... :?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: