Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Set pieces  (Read 3529 times)
Anonymous

« on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 18:51:14 »

How highly do people rate being good at these helping? Gordon Stratchan made a good point about it on MOTD last night and i think he's spot on. Apparently the reason he reckons he got Coventry staying up so long was because they were good at them. Also Greece won the European Championships. We're poor at defending them and concede a fair few through them, we also seem to have countless corners and most are wasted.

Food for thought
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 18:56:09 »

Dumb question really. Needless to say, they are massively important.

We can't defend them well or utilise then well and we're having a poor season...
Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 19:16:41 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Dumb question really. Needless to say, they are massively important.

We can't defend them well or utilise then well and we're having a poor season...

dumb question really yet you do a shortened version i've my point, start putting some effort in the training ground.

plank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 19:26:08 »

Up until a couple of weeks ago, we'd obtained the most corners in the Div (it may well still be the case), and we have scored a fair number of goals.

Free kicks are less fruitful, despite Gurney going who never scored at the CG.

Last season up until late on we'd only conceded once from corners, this season its not so good.

I'd put a lot of that down to Mooney, who could still organise some defence from a corner despite the waning of his other abilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: