Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Share  (Read 18410 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #180 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:49:17 »

Following Saturday i'm all for the proposed groundshare, i welcome our Bristolian neighbours with open arms.
glos_robin

« Reply #181 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 22:48:27 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "glos_robin"
Right I'm a little confused about this, Bowden was at the speedway last night and reckoned a decision will made today and was currently 80/20 in Swindons favour............so are they going to make a decision then carry out the the fans consultation as a consultation?

Also he was banding around a figure of 100k for it to anyone that wanted to listen. Is he talking out of his arse again or are the club just misleading fans?

*BIG FUCKING BUMP*

Is it only me or does anyone else find it strange that the club have not issued some form of countenance statement, disgracing the actions of  the so called fans of BRFC.

It certainly gives credence to Glos Robins post above.

I can just imagine it

The deal is already done and then this happens

'how the fuck are we going to play this now ?"

Very interesting next couple of days

Perhaps a joint statement will be issued Huh?Huh??
Agreed, Bowden seemed confident that the deal was 80/20 in our favour and looking forward to the money. I remain convinced it is already a done deal.......where is this feedback facility that Starnes promised to have in place by now, just another lie?

On reflection I should have agreed to the chat with Bowden but oh well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #182 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 23:05:53 »

So he could fob you off with more crap?

My previous encounters with him have left me cynical I guess
glos_robin

« Reply #183 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 23:08:36 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
So he could fob you off with more crap?

My previous encounters with him have left me cynical I guess

True but think now it was maybe an opportunity lost, I'm sure he would just fob me off though so probly glad I didn't
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 15:19:14 »

Sounds like Lincoln had trouble with Wovers also :

Imps fans set to send complaint to Bristol Police.
By Nathan Jackson May 12 2007

A large group of Lincoln fans are set to complain to the Police force in Bristol after they just stood there whilst Imps fans were pelted with coins and bottles during the game. Despite making several complaints to stewards and the police at the ground, nothing was doing about the fans that threw the coins, and then the forces threatened to throw City fans out for swearing during chants. The problems all started about 10 minutes before kick off when a young female Imps fan complained to the stewards in the away end that she had a coin thrown at her. She pointed out the fan that threw it and the stewards just walked off. Some other Imps' fans were reporting incidents of bottle and coin throwing in their direction as they entered the ground.

A few minutes later a large section of police entered the ground and stood between the two sets of fans. Bristol Rovers scored soon afterwards and several bottles were seen being lobbed into the away end, as well as one or two coins being thrown. Although the police saw this, they choose to do nothing about it.

The incoming missiles into the away end soon ended, but then police started threatening to throw City fans out for swearing during certain chants.

This lead to several objections from Imps fans as to the fact the police seemed more than happy for coins and bottles to be thrown a Lincoln fans, but the Lincoln fans weren't allowed to have a few "tongue-in-cheek" chants.

It is believed that up to 100 of the fans that were in the terraced away end are set to launch an official complaint with the Police force in Bristol.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 17:08:41 »

Football fans are teh scum of the earth...simply thats what some police think

lebowski

« Reply #186 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 17:13:38 »

by all accounts the main road outside the ground (gloucester road?) was shut for 45 minutes after the game whilst rovers fans went on the rampage. in their home town. after winning.

so what will sn1 be like on saturday evenings if the unthinkable happens?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 17:17:50 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
by all accounts the main road outside the ground (gloucester road?) was shut for 45 minutes after the game whilst rovers fans went on the rampage. in their home town. after winning.

they are a joke. this can't go ahead surely! well actually i forgot we have our wonderful board in charge  :roll:
lebowski

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 17:20:24 »

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80360

might be a bit over-the-top, but have a read anyway.
Spud

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 18:00:02 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

Calm down lebowski, im sure the board will put the fans interests first before money.  
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 11:33:16 »

I see the Bristol Evening Post has got some balls for a change :

http://www.epost.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=144913&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231190&home=yes&more_nodeId1=144922&contentPK=17311833

Unfortunately, there is still no mention of the 'Inn on the Green' incident.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spud

« Reply #191 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 12:12:14 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
I see the Bristol Evening Post has got some balls for a change :

http://www.epost.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=144913&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231190&home=yes&more_nodeId1=144922&contentPK=17311833

Unfortunately, there is still no mention of the 'Inn on the Green' incident.

Further up Gloucester Road, staff at the Inn On The Green, which witnessed violence before the match between Rovers and Swindon Town two weeks ago, were refusing entry to anyone in a football shirt. The pub was closed until the match started at 5pm.
glos_robin

« Reply #192 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 12:26:03 »

Nice to see Gerald Phillips is going around the boards dismissing this as unimportant and refusing to accept that Rovers cause trouble.....does he just like to disagree with everyone?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #193 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 13:51:18 »

The bloke's a loon  
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 15:00:41 »

He could at least use a different user name  Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: