Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Share  (Read 18411 times)
Spud

« Reply #165 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 14:58:03 »

It's ok for Sturrock to come out and say "The Groundshare would be ideal!" seeing as i can't see him heading out for a drink on Saturday night in the Town centre.....not unless he's a fan of The Casbah.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:25:37 »

We should welcome Rovers here with open arms in my opinion. I know its not ideal but one day (hopefully) when we have a redevelopment we will need somewhere to play for a season or so, and I certainly don't intend going to Oxford or City! So Rover's will owe us one then!
glos_robin

« Reply #167 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:30:36 »

Quote from: "The Grim Reaper"
We should welcome Rovers here with open arms in my opinion. I know its not ideal but one day (hopefully) when we have a redevelopment we will need somewhere to play for a season or so, and I certainly don't intend going to Oxford or City! So Rover's will owe us one then!

Or you do the sensible option and do one or two stands at the time, we'll never be allowed to build on the cricket pitch or green space so the chances of needing to knock down every stand in one go is pretty remote.

Plus Rovers isn't exactly an easily accessable ground so wouldn't want to share with them in all honesty anyway...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:36:15 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Bowden's made an appearance on thisis....or at least he's trying to

Its a classic, fella's supposed to be a top end executive and can't even do a quotes posting on a message board......I suppose you just get your secretary to do it for you at nPower....even some of the most mongish of thisis mongs can manage that.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:38:28 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"

Or you do the sensible option and do one or two stands at the time, we'll never be allowed to build on the cricket pitch or green space so the chances of needing to knock down every stand in one go is pretty remote.

Plus Rovers isn't exactly an easily accessable ground so wouldn't want to share with them in all honesty anyway...

I'd like to think The Nationwide Stand will stay with the other three stands replaced in some form. Whilst I agree with your post about building a stand at a time it all boils down to cost. I'm sure it would be cheaper to build all three stands together in say 12 months rather than building over three years?

Rovers is eay to get to btw! Straight down the M32, come off at the Ikea junction and just follow the Muller Road to the top.
glos_robin

« Reply #170 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 15:43:04 »

I'd like to think The Nationwide Stand will stay with the other three stands replaced in some form. Whilst I agree with your post about building a stand at a time it all boils down to cost. I'm sure it would be cheaper to build all three stands together in say 12 months rather than building over three years?

Rovers is eay to get to btw! Straight down the M32, come off at the Ikea junction and just follow the Muller Road to the top.

I prefer to use public transport due to potential car damage and parking problems. Rovers certainly isn't easy to get to by train that for certain. When you combine the cost of lower crowds and groundsharing costs I'm sure there would be little difference.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:01:24 »

Right I'm a little confused about this, Bowden was at the speedway last night and reckoned a decision will made today and was currently 80/20 in Swindons favour............so are they going to make a decision then carry out the the fans consultation as a consultation?

Also he was banding around a figure of 100k for it to anyone that wanted to listen. Is he talking out of his arse again or are the club just misleading fans?

*BIG FUCKING BUMP*

Is it only me or does anyone else find it strange that the club have not issued some form of countenance statement, disgracing the actions of  the so called fans of BRFC.

It certainly gives credence to Glos Robins post above.

I can just imagine it

The deal is already done and then this happens

'how the fuck are we going to play this now ?"

Very interesting next couple of days

Perhaps a joint statement will be issued Huh?Huh??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:07:05 »

The Rovers board already said (previous to the vote) that they couldn't think of a single advantage Cheltenham had over Swindon.

Soccer Night talked as if it was a done deal a few weeks ago.

I'm probably reading too much into this, then again if the ticket allocation to Walsall thread is true then nothing would surprise me. Makes you wonder if the next financial disaster is about to hit and we need all the money we can get now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:07:16 »

Not sure where they go from here if a deal has been done.

If it hasn't, tell them to FUCK RIGHT OFF. Literally. In those words. Through the press. And there end all correspondance.

Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:11:40 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"

If it hasn't, tell them to FUCK RIGHT OFF. Literally. In those words. Through the press. And there end all correspondance.

Cheesy

Exactly R4E !

The fact that they are sitting on their hands over this gives me the inclination that it has already been signed sealed and delivered and now they face a rather disturbing dilemma on how they spin it
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:14:45 »

If it is a done deal at £100k per year then Rovers have certainly fucked us right over!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:17:12 »

Atleast that's £100k towards seat replacements...  :|

God forbid they should draw City or Oxford at home in a cup tie
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:17:54 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
If it is a done deal at £100k per year then Rovers have certainly fucked us right over!

No Sam

The board have fucked over the fans and the people of Swindon in general

Fucking disgusting if true
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:20:13 »

I think it might be wise for them to issue some kind of statement ASAP (i.e. tomorrow)

(hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge Mr Bowden)
mattboyslim

« Reply #179 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 21:33:00 »

Like I've said elsewhere the only stumbling block could be the Council and the license or the Police - they could I believe insist on obnoxiously awkward kick-off times if they wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: