Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Share  (Read 18774 times)
TalkTalk

« Reply #135 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 07:36:43 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Right I'm a little confused about this, Bowden was at the speedway last night and reckoned a decision will made today and was currently 80/20 in Swindons favour............so are they going to make a decision then carry out the the fans consultation as a consultation?

That would be the traditional consultation process, as used by the council for many years.

Is so, they will make the usual schoolboy error of using the word "consultation" rather than "presentation".

Let us hope not.
fatbury

« Reply #136 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 07:38:02 »

As I understand it - The Bristol Rovers vote was to decide where negotiations should begin ie at which club - Cheltenham or Swindon.  

It may be that after consultations and discussions with the local residents - police - council etc that the Swindon move isnt feasible - but Rovers had to start their efforts somewhere so they decided to ask the fans where they would like to go.

Also I believe it was a PR move as they know the supporters wont be happy travelling that far to every home game and they want to make it appear that the fans themselves actually made the choice in part.

What Bowden said appears to be correct as Im reliably informed that the majority favour the Swindon switch over the Cheltenham switch - but this doesnt mean its definately going to happen - all that has been agreed is that Swindon as a club are happy to try and make it happen ie we agree to share providing everyone else is happy ie council residents police etc - of course we dont count (Swindon fans) as the current regime never involves us in any decision making whatsoever - as per usual we are just insignificant when it comes to them making some money HENCE we werent consulted.

My guess is that the local council and police and probably residents will all object too strongly and it wont happen.
red macca

« Reply #137 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 07:44:32 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
As I understand it - The Bristol Rovers vote was to decide where negotiations should begin ie at which club - Cheltenham or Swindon.  

It may be that after consultations and discussions with the local residents - police - council etc that the Swindon move isnt feasible - but Rovers had to start their efforts somewhere so they decided to ask the fans where they would like to go.

Also I believe it was a PR move as they know the supporters wont be happy travelling that far to every home game and they want to make it appear that the fans themselves actually made the choice in part.

What Bowden said appears to be correct as Im reliably informed that the majority favour the Swindon switch over the Cheltenham switch - but this doesnt mean its definately going to happen - all that has been agreed is that Swindon as a club are happy to try and make it happen ie we agree to share providing everyone else is happy ie council residents police etc - of course we dont count (Swindon fans) as the current regime never involves us in any decision making whatsoever - as per usual we are just insignificant when it comes to them making some money HENCE we werent consulted.

My guess is that the local council and police and probably residents will all object too strongly and it wont happen.
so really that long essay you wrote just means it might happen.Thank fuck for your sources  Cheesy
glos_robin

« Reply #138 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 07:50:06 »

That is not what he said. He said the club will find out if Rovers are groundsharing with us.............TODAY!!!
fatbury

« Reply #139 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 07:58:19 »

Well Id be surprised if that was the case .. very suprised .. but then after this season ..  nothing would surprise me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 08:07:37 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"

That is not what he said. He said the club will find out if Rovers are groundsharing with us.............TODAY!!!

Hmm, I think the experience over the "plans in my head" etc should demonstrate that Mr Bowden is somewhat in the habit of talking cack.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:03:23 »

Sturrock is backing the plans

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/display.var.1342327.0.swindon_town_boss_backs_share_plan.php

Sorry but I am not buying it

It goes against everything that PK said last night

We could be seeing a better standard of football next year on a pitch that is going to host in excess of 45 games

It doesn't make fucking sense to me

Fuck me Sturrock, I wonder if the truth about all these statements of yours will come out when the consortium take charge ?
fatbury

« Reply #142 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:08:57 »

It does make sense financially though Fred - BUT - we dont need them if the consortium is in power ..

Sturrock loves long ball football so buggering up the pitch is to our benefit against all those footballing sides isnt it? snigger snigger
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:13:52 »

Sorry fatters but that's bollocks..............How many times did we hear PS whinging this sseason that he could not get on the pitch to train ?

I know it is an extra revenue stream - but what price will we have to pay ?

Its not a trade off that is comprehensible IMHO

Im fucking livid

:twisted:  :twisted:
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:27:23 »

Surely any additional finance would be minimal and would more than likely end up covering vandalism to walls, seats in the ground, replacing the pitch more regular.

Finance aside we have the devastating cost of us upsetting local residents by giving them football every week plus I don't think it will just be the odd bit of violence here or there I could see the 2 sets of supporters wanting to meet every other week looking to get 1 up on the other.

So all in all what will we get out of this damaged walls, seats and additional town centre damage as well as fuelling a rivalry which I can see getting worse and worse and for what a minimal amount of money that wont be used on the playing budget.

This cannot be allowed to happen its that simple  :evil:
Piemonte

« Reply #145 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:34:40 »

Frwd - you need to chill before you have a heart attack mate.   Cheesy
fatbury

« Reply #146 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:36:02 »

It all depends on the financial package offered I guess ... Sturrock just used the weather as an excuse for a dodgy result Fred ... simple as that.

For the record - im AGAINST the groundshare
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:36:30 »

Was just talking to some people at work about this (not football fans) and they were appalled they don't want Rovers fans here on a regular basis and says is there some kind of petition going around that we can sign, I said not yet.

This really needs to be considered and be in place for Walsall as with a few thousand signatures we would be in a much better position to argue this.  I know some people wouldn't mind but the majority do not want them here.

Any thoughts anyone?
mattboyslim

« Reply #148 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:36:52 »

Sturrock = Puppet

That is all
TalkTalk

« Reply #149 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:51:22 »

I usually have a chat with Marcus the groundsman when we are putting the flags up on a Saturday morning.

He has been completely pissed off so far this season that Sturrock's been using the pitch for training at all, as it's wrecking it.

If Rovers were to play I think he would resign tbh as he just couldn't keep it in good enough condition.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: