Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Share  (Read 18409 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 07:52:49 »

I see that Brizzle City have turned down Brizzle Rovers request to ground share, so I would imagine that leaves us as the next biggest ground to Rovers.

Othersthat are considering a Bath and Cheltenham

I quite expect the board to agree to this as it would be a pay day for them.

We will have no seats left if this is agreed to - I for one don't want to ground share with Rovers.
mattboyslim

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:00:39 »

Whatever the board want the police and I assume SBC will have a say, not too mention the fans.  But if youlike a totally wrecked pitch and no seats then I guess it's perfect.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:10:03 »

Wouldn't want to share with the gasheads at all think it would end up costing the board more than they would make.

For what its worth I can see them sharing with Bath just because they played there for so long and it would cause the least trouble all round.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:14:32 »

It's got to be rejected. Think how much more Luggy will moan about being unable to train on the pitch Smiley
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:33:38 »

Well, realistically it is either us or Cheltenham: Bath would cost too much to bring up to current league standards.

Whaddon Road's capacity is much less than ours and is a little further away (only by a couple of miles) from the Memorial. Plus, our catering/hospitality facilities are much better than Cheltenham's.

Do the math ...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:49:03 »

Wouldn't this depend on the terms of our lease?  we may not even be able to essentially sub let.  I'd have thought the Council would want to be involved.  Personally we should tell them no right now, more hassle than it would ever be worth.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 08:56:44 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Wouldn't this depend on the terms of our lease?  we may not even be able to essentially sub let.  I'd have thought the Council would want to be involved.  Personally we should tell them no right now, more hassle than it would ever be worth.

But, if it were to go ahead, our rent bill would be cut in half - how is that too much hassle? As a club which is always in debt, it should at least be considered. Especially if some of the extra cash goes towards players
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:03:38 »

if the game with Rovers coming up is anything to go by, I'd guess the policing bill would be big and they can charge whatever they like to football clubs without any right of appeal.

Add into that the cost of maintaining the pitch (we can't afford to do much more than stick some forks in it as it is).  Cost of ground maintenance, prospect of trouble in the surrounding area meaning locals become hostile towards the club etc.

May not all be financial loss and there could be a bit of profit, but overall I can see it "costing" more.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:05:01 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
Well, realistically it is either us or Cheltenham: Bath would cost too much to bring up to current league standards.

Whaddon Road's capacity is much less than ours and is a little further away (only by a couple of miles) from the Memorial. Plus, our catering/hospitality facilities are much better than Cheltenham's.

Do the math ...

I believe the cost to bring Twerton Park up to standard is minimal.  

Plus they would save in policing and more expensive rent from us.

Capacity is irrelevent to be honest as any move will be based on there attendance figures of this season.  Agree with the catering and hospitality being better but think personally the minuses outweigh the plusses so cant honestly see them coming here.

As for rent being slashed in half and cash being available for players that would be great under a new board but just like the Lukas money I would have serious doubt this would be invested in the squad  :?
mattboyslim

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:06:47 »

Come on we all know the local residents are under the spell of Mike Bowden if he tells them that Rovers coming will make their grass grow greener and the flowers more pretty in their gardens (how he sees it in his head) then they are bound to agree to it.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:09:45 »

Have the regs changed alot since the 90's when Rovers were last at Twerton?  I can't see them going anywhere other than Bath. Certainly not Swindon - someone made a really good point on a previous thread about this - what happens if the scum get promoted via the playoffs - Rovers vs Oxford at the County Ground :shock:
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:16:46 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "Chris K"

Do the math ...

I believe the cost to bring Twerton Park up to standard is minimal.  

It's a LOT more than you think ...
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:18:31 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
if the game with Rovers coming up is anything to go by, I'd guess the policing bill would be big and they can charge whatever they like to football clubs without any right of appeal.

Add into that the cost of maintaining the pitch (we can't afford to do much more than stick some forks in it as it is).  Cost of ground maintenance, prospect of trouble in the surrounding area meaning locals become hostile towards the club etc.

May not all be financial loss and there could be a bit of profit, but overall I can see it "costing" more.

But Rovers would have to foot the bill for the policing so how does that cut into our costs?!?!?  If the pitch it damaged, then Rovers would have to 'pitch in' (ha!) to fund groundkeeping etc.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:43:34 »

At a time that the localresidents need to be looked aftre more than ever, it would be the most basic error imaginable to even talk abut a groudnshare, subjecting them to football during every single weekend and most weekdays of the season - and kissing goodbye to any hope of meeting a compromise in ground development.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 09:51:27 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
At a time that the localresidents need to be looked aftre more than ever, it would be the most basic error imaginable to even talk abut a groudnshare, subjecting them to football during every single weekend and most weekdays of the season - and kissing goodbye to any hope of meeting a compromise in ground development.

I have to admit that is the utter downside ...

We'll see. Might never happen Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: