Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On Tv or Scared of Loan signings.  (Read 1056 times)
flammableBen

« on: Sunday, March 25, 2007, 20:32:30 »

Do you think today's performance was down to the telly, or the fact that we've now got some competition for places.

I'd say a bit of both. But I've got a big fat fence up my arse.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 25, 2007, 22:28:29 »

both
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 25, 2007, 22:34:06 »

or neither.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 26, 2007, 08:32:27 »

Competition for places definitely. That and the fact that Sturrock was able to play players where he wanted to play them such as Peacock in midfield. Absolutley nothing to do with being on TV. That's hardly stopped us being totally shite in the past has it? Oxford and Notts County away in teh Cup spring immediately to mind.
mattboyslim

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 26, 2007, 08:44:59 »

Thankfully we seem to have got over the TV curse, if it existed - just goes to show that it's the 'easy' games which have been our undoing this season - losses at Barnet and Mansfield etc will be what cost us - winning at Lincoln, MK, Hartlepool and Walsall has been a real bonus for us.  With nobody except Nicho and maybe one or two others (like Dick Mackay) having been at the club since the dark days of Notts County there really is no excuse for a TV curse.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 26, 2007, 08:50:46 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Thankfully we seem to have got over the TV curse, if it existed - just goes to show that it's the 'easy' games which have been our undoing this season - losses at Barnet and Mansfield etc will be what cost us - winning at Lincoln, MK, Hartlepool and Walsall has been a real bonus for us.  With nobody except Nicho and maybe one or two others (like Dick Mackay) having been at the club since the dark days of Notts County there really is no excuse for a TV curse.

No of course there was no TV curse. Equally, being on TV was not the reason we played relatively well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: