Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashley Grimes  (Read 3685 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:38:21 »

Quote from: Power to people
Still no winger though....if we can't create chances then it is no good getting strikers[/quote

Sturrock said he hoped to have 2 signed by the deadline, we have a striker, hopefully the other one is a winger. Anymore is a bonus!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:39:25 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Bob's Orange"
Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Premiership reserve team player though, he'll be different gravy.  Cool

Looks a bit old to me!!

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-heroes/displayhero_club.asp?HeroID=914

That's exactly who I thought of. Did Macari actually sign him on loan when he first came to Swindon? I've a feeling he did :shock:

Is this his dad? They look quite similar to me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:39:41 »

What you mean his nationality  

Blimey I knew Sturrock wanted experience but....
kaufman

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:42:32 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Quote from: "Power to people"
Still no winger though....if we can't create chances then it is no good getting strikers[/quote

Sturrock said he hoped to have 2 signed by the deadline, we have a striker, hopefully the other one is a winger. Anymore is a bonus!!

the other one will be partridge surely?
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:45:29 »

Still no winger though....if we can't create chances then it is no good getting strikers

We're going to have to rely on using some of the personnel we already have to fill that slot. Roberts could be a decent right winger, so could Weston. They just need to get their heads out of the arses, accept they aren't going to play in their preferred positions and start putting the ball on Corr's head.

We'll win on Sunday with Grimes scoring from a Corr knockdown  header from a Roberts cross.  Yes
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:45:46 »

that HAS to be the BBC making an arse of it, doesn't ?!!  There can't be a professional footballer thats 49 anywhere... can there ?!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:47:08 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange

Not sure if Partridge has actually signed as yet so he'll be the other.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:47:41 »

Quote from: kaufman
Quote from: "Bob's Orange"

the other one will be partridge surely?

He said 'we're hoping to sign 2 players this afternoon'. Partridge was done and dusted earlier this morning.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:49:38 »

but the sturrock updates are written in advance... don't hold your breathe for another
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:53:04 »

http://www.4thegame.com/club/manchester-city-fc/player-profile/36159/ashleygrimes.html

this is a bit more encouraging on the age front, 7. although he looks a bit light weight...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:54:09 »

Quote from: "genf_stfc"
http://www.4thegame.com/club/manchester-city-fc/player-profile/36159/ashleygrimes.html

this is a bit more encouraging on the age front, 7. although he looks a bit light weight...

Yes! A 41 year old striker is just what we are after!!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 16:54:54 »

He looks a bit mysterious to me!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 17:53:55 »

that HAS to be the BBC making an arse of it, doesn't ?!!  There can't be a professional footballer thats 49 anywhere... can there ?!

I'd have had Ashley Grimes as about that age.....bit of a ginner from memory.
Spud

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 19:37:42 »

I asked a City fan what this Grimes fella is like and all he came back with was:-

I'm not sure but theres a few lads on the city forum who go to reserve and youth games so I have asked them

then he came back with.....

Rated very highly and will be missed by the reserves but the 1st team experience will do him good!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 20:00:22 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
I asked a City fan what this Grimes fella is like and all he came back with was:-

I'm not sure but theres a few lads on the city forum who go to reserve and youth games so I have asked them

then he came back with.....

Rated very highly and will be missed by the reserves but the 1st team experience will do him good!

He's scored in each of the last two reserve games, against Everton & Wigan,  so sounds like he's on form.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: