Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why are the bo(p)ard(s) so willing to meet with people...  (Read 1314 times)
flammableBen

« on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:36:38 »

...instead of just going straight to the media.

No offence to James or anybody else who's had a meeting with Bowden/Bob or any of the others. But what's in it for them to do this?

The first conclusion that jumps into Ben's head (which is admittedly sometimes drunken and slow) is that it's the best way to leak any sort of information to the fans without the automatic backlash that normally occurs.

Is this really a bad thing? Not sure. It's a risk on there part as it gives the fan (James in this case) a chance to interpret and spin what they say any way he wants. But do they really have much to loose if any statements they make are ignored anyway?

More of a brain storm than anything else.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 00:13:45 »

100% correct ben.

It's getting fucking tedious now and the games are getting even pettier (from all sides as well). I just want it to be done one way or another.

Do they want to fucking sell or do they not?

That's all they need to bloody say. No ifs buts or maybes.
Frasier3

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 00:16:49 »

Perhaps they believe they can influence those they see as being the most vociferous. Was it significant that more than one person meet with James and spent  4 hours talking to him.

I have never met James and don't know how much detail he has on the history of who has said and done what, but it is human nature to want to believe people who come across as well intentioned. From reading PaulD's reply to some of James comments of the meeting perhaps a few opportunities were missed to  correct their understanding of events.

If the board really want to put the facts across why have they failed to convince people at agm's, forums and in the press. I am suspicious of their motives when they invite individuals of forums etc to meet and although I respect those who wish to do so I have heard enough over countless years including meetings to have no interest. The only thing I want to know is when are they leaving? Anything short of discussing the terms of a takeover are irrelevant.

If they still feel they are misunderstood then why not hold a meeting that can be broadcast by Radio Swindon and put on the web for all to hear first hand. At this meeting perhaps the Rattler, TonyN or PaulD could represent the dissenting fans and I believe would be equiped to ask the right questions and give appropriate answers. I doubt they would be up for this though.
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 00:28:57 »

Quote from: "Frasier3"

If they still feel they are misunderstood then why not hold a meeting that can be broadcast by Radio Swindon and put on the web for all to hear first hand. At this meeting perhaps the Rattler, TonyN or PaulD could represent the dissenting fans and I believe would be equiped to ask the right questions and give appropriate answers. I doubt they would be up for this though.

Radio Swindon did that to an extent on friday. Sonic backed up Sam's document (which if any of you haven't read then I suggest you do).

I think you're getting at the same point I am though. It's much easier to talk propaganda to one individual than it is in a press release. By their talking to individual fans, they are putting someone in the middle of what they are saying.

Take today. They talk to sonic for 4 hours and he passes the information on to us. It skips the bit where we can go back and say "you said this" etc. If they go back on anything they've told sonic then there is only sonic to say that they've lied. I guess that's why they are avoiding written replies and offering to meet everybody. RazzleDazzle got an invitation I believe.

As I said before no offense to sonic, just the way I think the board are playing it.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 01:19:54 »

I dont think you are too far off the mark there Ben. Sonic, well done for going mate.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 12:24:12 »

I had and invite a few months ago, I declined having met before stating I wanted written replies.  Never got them.

Questions written down at the Fans Forum - barely answered if at all or skirted around the actual question asked (like the gate break even point for example) or all the Diamandis questions.

I like the sound of a Question time event though, get someone from the Board, Diamandis, Consortium and Trust - fire away and watch the Board & Diamandi falter.  Pointless now though.

Maybe the Consortium - all constituent parts - should hold a public press conference and media Q&A, or even invite fans and have an open fans forum like the clubs.  If a press conf though they can outline their bid, plans etc and answer anyones queries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: