Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: steven mcphee to sign on loan  (Read 7970 times)
Danjackson10

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 10:11:51 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Mooney tailed off at the business end of the season, but was great.

Although he was marking Virgo (or not, as the case may be) i still blame Reeves for the goal, as it was his messing around in our own corner that led to the throw in. If he'd hacked it up field towards one of our forwards the throw and resultant goal wouldn't have happened. To this day i remember saying "this throw will cost us".

What a horrible day that was.

I cried that day! Cool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 10:19:50 »

It was an amazing day but for all the wrong reasons. Still, it's days like that, that are what being a football fan is all about and makes the good days that much better when they (eventually) come round.

In fact, I remember thinking at the time, at the end of the penalty shoot out, soaked to my very bone marrow and entering the advanced stages of hypothermia that (if a lived long enough) I would still be talking about that day in the pub in 20 or 30 years time. So much other stuff happened other than the game that day. Crazy :shock:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 10:48:20 »

I knew the omens were bad when my car broke down on some motorway or other near Brighton.

Thankfully(?) though I drove to Swindon to pick my ticket up because some unfortunates were promised that the tickets would be on the coach but in the end they weren't and were not allowed into the game.

For a few glourious minutes we were off to play the scum at Cardiff. Then shit happened. And we win less penaly shoot outs than England.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 11:00:22 »

Funny you say that I just sent my mate a mail about that.  The penalty shoot out against Oxford is about the only one I remember us winning, at the stratton bank end, in the Zenith Data Cup second round, or whatever is was called back in 92.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 11:06:15 »

Brighton game was my 21st birthday. won't be forgetting that one in a while.

Oxford shootout was Zenith data systems - think Kerslake blasted one over the bar and nearly hit the rolex.

We did beat Millwall in the Auto Windscreens on a shootout, with Town legend Kevin Halliday grabbing one from the spot!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 11:58:09 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Funny you say that I just sent my mate a mail about that.  The penalty shoot out against Oxford is about the only one I remember us winning, at the stratton bank end, in the Zenith Data Cup second round, or whatever is was called back in 92.

I saw us win a penalty shoot out in 1987. It was at the CG against Bournemouth (although I think these days I'm supposed to spell it 'Bormuff'). It  was in the Freight Rover Trophy and after 90 minutes the score was 0-0. We actually went 0-2 down in extra time before amazingly pulling it back to 2-2 to force a penalty shoot out. Even more amazingly, we won. I'll bet Reg remembers that one Cool
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 12:12:47 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR
Quote from: "millom red"
He was by no means particularly agile was he.
Last i heard, Duncan was managing in the Highland league in Sweaty land. Im sure s.t.a,Jan Aagge or bobs orange will know?

Deadly Dunc is currently manager of Highland League Buckie Thistle my sources* inform me.

Cheers ost.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 12:20:02 »

Quote from: millom red
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "millom red"
He was by no means particularly agile was he.
Last i heard, Duncan was managing in the Highland league in Sweaty land. Im sure s.t.a,Jan Aagge or bobs orange will know?

Deadly Dunc is currently manager of Highland League Buckie Thistle my sources* inform me.

Cheers ost.

No problem - You seem to be having some serious 'quotation' issues there Millom :?
Piemonte

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 13:04:00 »

Pure specualtion but is the deal off because off this?  I've no idea how many fit strikers Hull have

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/6474271.stm
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 13:05:52 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Pure specualtion but is the deal off because off this?  I've no idea how many fit strikers Hull have

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/6474271.stm

I thought the whole McPhee story was pure speculation any way Shrug
Piemonte

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 13:15:06 »

to coin a phrase, do i Have to do anything?  
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 13:45:15 »

Quote from: "Batch"
I knew the omens were bad when my car broke down on some motorway or other near Brighton.

Thankfully(?) though I drove to Swindon to pick my ticket up because some unfortunates were promised that the tickets would be on the coach but in the end they weren't and were not allowed into the game.

For a few glourious minutes we were off to play the scum at Cardiff. Then shit happened. And we win less penaly shoot outs than England.

it was a weird sort of day from start to finish... that mental rain compounded the misery in the end.

the thing that dumfounded me the most was the next day moping around like the world was going to end in a pit of depression, no one really knew about the game, nor did they care, not like when england go out.

that was until i went to buy some chewing gum in my local shop and the little old lady behind the till said "don't worry we'll win the league next year" to me as i was leaving Cool

officially blacker than the night.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 14:44:02 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
to coin a phrase, do i Have to do anything?  

Shrug
Piemonte

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 14:47:58 »

Shrug
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 14:55:23 »

Light Bulb
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: