Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: steven mcphee to sign on loan  (Read 7969 times)
Amir

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 23:09:15 »

I certainly hope so.  A lad I know who's a vale fan was completely distraught when he went to Portugal.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 23:10:10 »

Quote from: "Amir"
I certainly hope so.  A lad I know who's a vale fan was completely distraught when he went to Portugal.

He has got good stats behind him

I really hope this comes off
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 23:29:50 »

he was injured on the 20th Feb
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 23:31:24 »

Back now though
Lumps

« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 13:59:38 »

Corrs hardly an exciting signing, he's been training with the squad for a bit anyway as alledgedly he's had a row with Laws at the Wendys when he was told he was shit and they didn't want him anymore. So Leeds didn't want him, Wednesday don't want him, Chesterfield have even turned him down. Never scored a league goal. I guess he's the Sturrocks version of Fola, give him a punt in the hope that the big lump might have something about him.

Mc'p's probably the "quality" player that Sturrock's promised us because we "deserve it", although he's only ever managed to average a reasonable games:goal ratio (nearly 3:1) at one club, Port Vale (about 40 in 130 or so games). Fans seem to like him though, seems to have a reputation as a skillful player.

Mind you,  a bit of a sicknote recently, only 21 appearances since the beginning of the 2004/5 season, so he might be a complete crock.

We may not score another goal from open play this season at this rate!

Christ when I think that there was a time I was dissappointed with the signing of Wayne Allison!

I'd sell my own grandmother for a player of his quality now.
Mind you she's been dead 15 years so that would be a bit of a bargain
mattboyslim

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 14:03:57 »

Ah the Chief - thought he was a donkey at the slave traders, what I'd give for his aerial ability and workrate not - hard to believe we got £800k for him when he was 30+.
Piemonte

« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 14:04:33 »

The fact that Leeds and wednesday dont want him dont bother me, they are obviousley much bigger clubs than us, and are 2 divisions higher (for the time being eh Dennis?)  It would probably be fair to say the vast majority of Leeds & Wendies rejects would be worth a look at in L2.

The fact that Chesterfield didnt fancy him isnt exactly encouraging though.

IF he does join us, then frankly he cant be any worse than Roberts has been for the past 2 months or so, so I'm all for it.  And Sturrock likened him to Crouchy when he was at wednesday, so he must be ace. and thats a FACT!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 16:59:37 »

Look at Parkin's stats when he came to us though he hadn't done anything anywhere else ??

If it is McPhee as well then he is in the Roberts mould of being skilful and quick and would probably work well with a Big Man the difference is he can score goals whereas Roberts likes Penalty's for his goals ratio !!

Sturrock was talking about not having a partnership up front and if we go up Mcphee may stay with us, I would imagine Peacock will be used in midfield and Roberts will be used....in the reserves  Smiley
Spud

« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 17:01:56 »

How many did he score that season before leaving for Portugal?

i can remember him scoring a good 15-20 goals, but not sure of the exact amount?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 17:03:35 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
The fact that Leeds and wednesday dont want him dont bother me, they are obviousley much bigger clubs than us, and are 2 divisions higher (for the time being eh Dennis?)  It would probably be fair to say the vast majority of Leeds & Wendies rejects would be worth a look at in L2.

IF he does join us, then frankly he cant be any worse than Roberts has been for the past 2 months or so, so I'm all for it.  And Sturrock likened him to Crouchy when he was at wednesday, so he must be ace. and thats a FACT!

He's 6 foot 2 and Sturrock likes to play with wingers who can cross the ball into the box, so hopefully this guy is good in the air. The one drawback is that our midfielders and wingers are about as creative as a bunch of mannakins.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 17:06:42 »

Oops Just realised I have made a big Chris McPhee/Steve McPhee mix up.

Wondered what you were all excited for...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 17:47:57 »

BOPARD
kaufman

« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 17:59:41 »

mcphee sure can miss a penalty Smiley it's the follow up i like
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 18:02:14 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

Just to prove Spireite fans know jack shit about forwards, they spent 2 seasons on the back of Caleb Folan, who they reckoned was a complete waste of space and utterly useless.....OK he only scored something like 6 goals in that time.....but he's now knocking in a few in the Prem and probably already paid off his half mill fee.with Wigan.
Spencer_White

« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 18:54:52 »

Have we had a better 'headerer' of the ball since Wayne Allison?

But then again, we did pay 500k!

You usually get what you pay for. Unless your name is Gary Alexander.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: