Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friday Joke Thread  (Read 219801 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:38:35 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
all kinds of quote problems there... meh.

If you want to be like that then thats your perogative....
If you find sick baby jokes funny then you have a serious problem and in my view people like you deserve to be hung and shot with a shotgun to the face to be sure because you make our world a worse place to live.

For the record I had a baby that died when he was just 4 days old....so I don't appreciate the so called 'humour' so go fuck yourself you immature little fuck!

To be fair, all humour offends someone. Or do you not laugh at anything that could be offensive to anyone else?

:goodpost:
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:40:31 »

Quote from: "red macca"
No one ever makes jokes about cancer  because its not funny

I bet you loads of people have!
mattboyslim

« Reply #62 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:42:53 »

People do make jokes about cancer - like the opening half hour of Ricky Gervais' recent set, there's been plenety of 'racist' jokes on this thread, and for all we know any one of us could be black.  All humour offends someone, admittedly most of these jokes are sick, but on a footy forum like this if you're easily offended avoid joke threads especially.  There are very few jokes out there that don't point fun at someone.
red macca

« Reply #63 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:44:10 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
No one ever makes jokes about cancer  because its not funny

I bet you loads of people have!
i dont doubt that i just mean on this forum
flammableBen

« Reply #64 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:44:27 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
People do make jokes about cancer - like the opening half hour of Ricky Gervais' recent set, there's been plenety of 'racist' jokes on this thread, and for all we know any one of us could be black.  All humour offends someone, admittedly most of these jokes are sick, but on a footy forum like this if you're easily offended avoid joke threads especially.  There are very few jokes out there that don't point fun at someone.

Nah, part of the terms and conditions when you sign up, asks if you are over 13 years of age and that you're not black.
land_of_bo

« Reply #65 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:46:19 »

[attempt to revive humour]

Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

She got up, unplugged the TV and then threw out my beer.

She's Such A Bitch.......

[/attempt to revive humour]
neville w

« Reply #66 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:48:58 »

If you find sick baby jokes funny then you have a serious problem and in my view people like you deserve to be hung and shot with a shotgun to the face to be sure because you make our world a worse place to live.

For the record I had a baby that died when he was just 4 days old....so I don't appreciate the so called 'humour' so go fuck yourself you immature little fuck!

To be fair, all humour offends someone. Or do you not laugh at anything that could be offensive to anyone else?

I know what your trying to say.....but you wouldn't walk up to a man with one arm and tell a sick one armed man joke to him would you (well some on here seem like they might) so I wanted to make the point that there are people on here that do take offense to these kind of jokes and I'd appreciate it if they left off them......there are plenty of other jokes!

Before you take the moral high road, consider that  someone who had lost a loved one through alcoholism may not find your 'robbo's gin' avatar in the best of taste.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:52:06 »

without wanting to get involved really but Sharky's previous avatar was more offensive than robbo's gin bottle
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:53:15 »

And Robbo was a vodka drinker anyway.........

It's All Good..............
red macca

« Reply #69 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:53:30 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
without wanting to get involved really but Sharky's previous avatar was more offensive than robbo's gin bottle
keep your fucking nose out
Sharky

« Reply #70 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:55:09 »

Quote from: "neville w"

I know what your trying to say.....but you wouldn't walk up to a man with one arm and tell a sick one armed man joke to him would you (well some on here seem like they might) so I wanted to make the point that there are people on here that do take offense to these kind of jokes and I'd appreciate it if they left off them......there are plenty of other jokes!

Before you take the moral high road, consider that  someone who had lost a loved one through alcoholism may not find your 'robbo's gin' avatar in the best of taste.

Why has Robbo killed someone due to drinking???
and for the record if I found that someone on here found it offensive I would happily change it.
(cue the requests for it to be changed)

Anyway, I'm bored of this immature 'I think i'm funny' crap, so i'm simply taking tha advice to ignore this thread.

FYI - part of the terms and conditions state:
You agree not to post any obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented material (amonst other things).

Anyway....I like a joke as much as the next person and sometimes at peoples expense (as bad as I agree that is) but sometimes I accept it goes over the line and you stop......people on here don't even know how to draw a line, let alone when not to cross it.
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:55:28 »

Difficult topic really - I have a disabled wife and severely mentally handicapped daughter - my wife and I joke all the time about her disability and between ourselves I call her my "spaso wife", and to us it is not a problem. Equally we joke about our daughter who is nearly 18, but then again she only functions at about 18months and is unable to be offended in any way.

However, if anyone else jokes about either scenario then yes we do take offence unless they are people we know well.

But if someone makes a joke without knowing my circumstances, then I never take offence, and depending on my own judgement will either laugh if I can see the humour or just stay quiet if it is too near a raw nerve for me. Also it is important to try to judge whether the joke was said deliberately to offend or not.

Some arsehole once told me in front of a bar full of people that I was only capable of producing handicapped kids, and thought he was hilarious, nobody laughed and I nearly decked the shit. Difference being that it was personal not general.

Over the years there have been jokes about just about every disaster, disease, handicap and race. Humour is often people's way of dealing with things that they cannot imagine having to deal with themselves.

Most people have areas that are "off limits" for humour. Learn to roll with it or pretty fast it will consume you.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:57:22 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
keep your fucking nose out

:shock:
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:58:32 »

Agree 100% Mav (Which is a first!)

It's All Good..............
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 15:59:33 »

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: