Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boeta  (Read 7661 times)
spacey

« on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 18:01:12 »

This Cirencester cricket club thing. The missus reckons if I bung 'em a few quid they'll let me join, I don't really want to play competitively as I'd make a show of myself but I wouldn't mind a bit of a knockabout every once in a while.Do I have to join a team? If so is there a special needs team?
spacey

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 20:55:28 »

Sod ya then Crying  I'll start my own team with the alkies that hang out at the church.We'll be the best team this town has ever seen you'll see.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:33:15 »

It's pretty expensive and not worth the subs fees if you're not a) half decent and b) commited. There's no special needs side unfortunately, on Saturdays all three sides play competitively, whilst on Sundays the 16-21 group play friendlies against pretty competitive sides. I'm trying to think of a local club that fits your wants and needs, but off the top of my head, I can't think of one  Sad  All the cricket played around here is pretty competitive which is a shame for people like you (and there are lots of them) that want a game but aren't either a) or b) above.

By the way, every time I'm in the Woodbine playing pool I always look around and try and see if any of the guys match my artist's impression of you.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:42:21 »

Right, just thought of a couple of sides that only play friendlies, although some of the sides they play are pretty competitive (eg. us) there's always a few spackers in there.

The first is Tarbarrow, who play near the rugby club. So this is location and cricket wise a pretty good option, but be warned the club's made up of poshies and farmers (but they'll always want more players, as when we played them this year we had to find 3 of ours for them) but they're nice guys nonetheless and the ground is picturesque (and hidden away).

The second is Stowell Park which is about 10-15 mins away, near a village called Northleach. These guys play friendlies at the weekend and evenings, and also in an evening league. Not quite show what the standard of friendlies are, but the blokes seem nice enough. The ground is equally if not more picturesque.

If you're interested I'm sure I could dig you out a couple of phone numbers.
spacey

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:42:30 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

By the way, every time I'm in the Woodbine playing pool I always look around and try and see if any of the guys match my artist's impression of you.

If you see me pop over I'll buy you a beer
 http://www.smileserver.de/funandsmile/BILDER/PRODUKTE/afro-peruecke_big.jpg

Shame about the cricket.Do I have to join to use the bar facilities?I'll probably be coming to watch in the summer.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:42:41 »

Artists impression of Jason Spaceman
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:43:48 »

By the way, Rupert Lowe plays for Tarbarrow and I'm sure not all of them are posh.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:45:42 »

Quote from: "spacey"
Shame about the cricket.Do I have to join to use the bar facilities?I'll probably be coming to watch in the summer.

Re: cricket. There's still hope if you didn't notice my second post.

There's a £10 social membership fee, not sure how strict they are on making you pay though 'cos we'll quite happily take your money off you in the bar. £2 a pint, a bargain I'm sure you'll agree.
spacey

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:47:21 »

Right, just thought of a couple of sides that only play friendlies, although some of the sides they play are pretty competitive (eg. us) there's always a few spackers in there.

The first is Tarbarrow, who play near the rugby club. So this is location and cricket wise a pretty good option, but be warned the club's made up of poshies and farmers (but they'll always want more players, as when we played them this year we had to find 3 of ours for them) but they're nice guys nonetheless and the ground is picturesque (and hidden away).

The second is Stowell Park which is about 10-15 mins away, near a village called Northleach. These guys play friendlies at the weekend and evenings, and also in an evening league. Not quite show what the standard of friendlies are, but the blokes seem nice enough. The ground is equally if not more picturesque.

If you're interested I'm sure I could dig you out a couple of phone numbers.

Aye, go on then.I don't mind if they're a bit posh.
spacey

« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:50:45 »

There's a £10 social membership fee, not sure how strict they are on making you pay though 'cos we'll quite happily take your money off you in the bar. £2 a pint, a bargain I'm sure you'll agree.

That'll do for me.I'll shout encouragement from the boundary in my comical northern accent.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:53:13 »

Tarbarrow: Edward Gordon-Lennox -
Stowell Park: 'Someone' Goodall (I'd imagine you'd replace 'someone' with Mr.  Wink) -

Let me know when you've got the numbers down and I'll delete them so little scamps don't get over excited and try some prank phone calls.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:54:26 »

That'll do for me.I'll shout encouragement from the boundary in my comical northern accent.
We love comical northern accents! Our opening, fast bowler is a Lancastrian (played a few games for Burnley a few moons ago) and he's feckin hilarious.
spacey

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 21:59:59 »

Cheers, got the numbers.

I haven't really got a northern accent.I grew up in north kent so I've got a cockney twang.I moved up north for a bit but fortunately retained my southern voice Cool
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 22:01:22 »

Dis-a-ppointing. I thought I could add listening out for a northern accents to matching my artists impression to blokes in the Woodbine.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 22:17:37 »

are you two going to bum each other then?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: