Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: has sturrock lost the dressing room?  (Read 7185 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 17:01:31 »

He states today he only wants player who fit in long term and not until the end of the season. I am not being funny but we only need a half-tidy striker on loan who can score a few goals from now until the end of the season to take us up then we can see where we are in the summer - can he not see this :evil:
If not we aren't going anywhere

I come from a land down-under
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 17:10:15 »

Quote from: "SwindonTown"
He states today he only wants player who fit in long term and not until the end of the season. I am not being funny but we only need a half-tidy striker on loan who can score a few goals from now until the end of the season to take us up then we can see where we are in the summer - can he not see this :evil:
If not we aren't going anywhere

Thats how I tend to think, but at the end of the day Sturrock has pretty much been there and done it in football and he's probably the most qualified coach in this division (well I say probably, I know for a fact he is). He's building long term and that's something we're not used to... He has my full backing.

I think it's harder to find a tidy striker than you think, and what if he gets someone in who fails to deliver and it costs us in the run in? It's a big risk, and we've been in the top 4 all season really because of our back 5, so why can't we continue that until the end of the season and gain automatic?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 17:32:33 »

How many promotions has Storrock had ?

How many times has he been sacked ?

He addmitted when he came in that this division is not like it was when he was in it with Plymouth......

Don't get me wrong I still think the bloke is good but I do question some of his odd opinions
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 08:33:11 »

A good striker is nigh on impossible to get hold of without paying through the nose for them. Thats because they are good. noone wants to lose a good striker. If they are on the cheap there is a reason for it... they are gash!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Sharky

« Reply #64 on: Friday, March 9, 2007, 09:47:32 »

the only hope of getting a good striker in on loan is a young talent from a top team who needs match practice or fitness....and unfortunately they will not be proven goalscoreres and are likely to turn their nose up at a move to such a low division.

Plus how many top managers who want their young guns to get fit in match practive would want them to play football in a league where they are going to get kicked all over the park.

I agree with Strurrock's long term ideas....but we are not talking signings now we are talking LOANS......JUST to the end of the campaign.

I think sturrock is thinking more along the lines of loans that can become permanent at the end of the campaign........if he is I hope he re-thinks this or we'll be getting people in to help that wont be wanting to join come summer as he'll have left it so long we'll have missed promotion.

In fairness though, i think even if we signed no-one....we have a team capable of going up......it is merely the confidence levels that need to rise as opposed to our numbers or wage bills.....fresh faces will help this but hopefully so will Sturrocks hard line tactics with the contract talks etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: